MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge VCS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Serge VCS
kopplog
Guys.

It seems that all of´ya are lucky owners of a VCS and I still don´t know where to get one. Most of the time I was aware there is only one way by purchasing a PCB over Ken Stones website.
but then-- why are you modules look all the same ???

we're not worthy
apemandan
Hi Kopplog,

It was a company called Bananalogue that used to produce the VCS in euro and frac...

http://web.archive.org/web/20071227081520/http://www.bananalogue.com/

But they haven't been active for at least a year or more.

cry
ex_dead_teenager
wow! where did you find their website I thought it was taken down!

I'd love a VCS I got into modular only months before Bananalogue dissappeared and I had no idea what the VCS was about back then I still wish I had a working one. I have a half assembled kit version which is on a shelf waiting to be finished by someone more capable than me (it's not for sale or trade) Hopefully I'll get it working eventually. I can't say how many times I went to the Bananalogue website to listen to those sound samples I'm going to download them right now so I can have them on my laptop if they ever come back I'll buy two and anything else they come out with if I can serge design philosophy in euro format, it's like peanut butter and chocolate there's nothing better! (except serge I guess)
NV
ex_dead_teenager wrote:
I have a half assembled kit version which is on a shelf waiting to be finished by someone more capable than me (it's not for sale or trade) Hopefully I'll get it working eventually.

The VCS circuit itself isn't too complex - if you post a thread in the DIY forum I'm sure we could walk you through whatever troubles you may be having.
apemandan
Hey, just used the wayback machine..!

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

It is a shame about Bananalogue, Seth Nemec who built the units seemed to lose interest in doing it, but who knows maybe he will be back at some point...

I use my VCS in most patches, its is amazingly versatile
ex_dead_teenager
Thanks I may just do that. I didn't start the work on it I got it fr free from someone who was having problems and gave up I figured free is free so I told him to mail it out I don't have a lot of equipment right now and am in the middle of moving house and studio but I think I may take you up on the offer in a couple of weeks when the dust has settled and I can pull out my soldering iron again.
kopplog
Is there anybody here in outer space who builds
those euro-serge´s by passion and god sake???
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
amnesia
Ken STone makes the VCS boards for sale
ex_dead_teenager
too bad he doesn't make completed modules but there's probably some kind of issues with STS or Bananalogue something If only I'd known a year and a half ago what I know today...
apemandan
well Bananalogue was a collaboration between Ken Stone, Serge and Seth Nemec.
ex_dead_teenager
and a collaboration I sorely miss I wonder what could have been built if only they were still around today
Reality Checkpoint
You could, of course, go Serge and dump all your Euro (which is something I plan on doing later this year). Hope that this is not too heretical to say on the Eurorack forum (hides)
ex_dead_teenager
Hah! I've thought of it but for now anyway I still have a lot of work to do with my euro rig, I spent a lot of cash including a portion of my inheritance on the rig I have now I don't want to flip it until I'm good and ready though a couple of Serge panels would be a very good investment at some point.

no need to hide under a chair it's a good thought. Rockin' Banana!
a100user
Reality,

When you do give me a shout. As your local ish I might help you fund your Serge!

David
Reality Checkpoint
a100user wrote:
Reality,

When you do give me a shout. As your local ish I might help you fund your Serge!

David

Okey Dokey!

Simon aka RC
anselmi
I use to see bananalogue stuff at analoguehaven but now ypou can´t find it at the manufacturers list...even while you can see them as dealers at the bananalogue site... waah
tragedybysyntax
what's the going price for a frac'd vcs? I might unload mine and build a few in diy euro.
daverj
Quote:
even while you can see them as dealers at the bananalogue site...

This isn't the Bananalogue site. The Bananalogue site is gone. What you are seeing is an archived copy of the site from some time in the past.
zerosum
Quote:

I use to see bananalogue stuff at analoguehaven but now ypou can´t find it at the manufacturers list

Sold out, no product available to list them as an available manufacturer.

Quote:

what's the going price for a frac'd vcs?

300USD.
tragedybysyntax
and the CGS version would be dead nuts of the bananalogue version?
amnesia
see below
amnesia
see above
amnesia
maybe Maleko could reissue it ?
Cybananna
amnesia wrote:
maybe Maleko could reissue it ?

sounds like a good idea to me! or if there's a comparable Wiard module that could be made for euro?
johnchantler
Cybananna wrote:
or if there's a comparable Wiard module that could be made for euro?

envelator:
http://www.wiard.com/modular/envelator/envelator.html
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3