MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CV + MIDI clock generator!?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author CV + MIDI clock generator!?
odecahedron
at the risk of sounding like a broken record...

is there any SIMPLE solution, device that can simultaneously output MIDI clock AAAND +5v CV clock (trigger).

ive looked at Pedalsync stuff, midipal, innerclock, a bunch of stuff - they all either dont do both (MIDI and trigger CV out) or have a million other functions that i dont need.

the Pedal Sync stuff is CLOSE (master controller development board looks good for the midi side of it, but there pulse output chip only sends up to 3.1v - im 5U so this voltage is too weak for me. id really rather not have to re route thru a gain stage... all i need is Simulataneous MIDI + CV trigger clocks (with a rate control) -

HOW HARD CAN IT BEEEEEEEE?

Dead Banana
davebr
odecahedron wrote:
at the risk of sounding like a broken record...

is there any SIMPLE solution, device that can simultaneously output MIDI clock AAAND +5v CV clock (trigger).

ive looked at Pedalsync stuff, midipal, innerclock, a bunch of stuff - they all either dont do both (MIDI and trigger CV out) or have a million other functions that i dont need.

the Pedal Sync stuff is CLOSE (master controller development board looks good for the midi side of it, but there pulse output chip only sends up to 3.1v - im 5U so this voltage is too weak for me. id really rather not have to re route thru a gain stage... all i need is Simulataneous MIDI + CV trigger clocks (with a rate control) -

HOW HARD CAN IT BEEEEEEEE?

Dead Banana

This (and many similar reasons) is why I designed and built my ComputerVoltageSource module. I use it a lot for a "this-to-that" converter, especially with MIDI. Although the delay is small, it seems like you would want to delay the CV clock by the transmission and processing time of the MIDI clock. Following that logic, could you not use a MIDI clock to CV converter and just "listen" to the MIDI and generate the appropriate CV clock? That is a really simple program for an AVR and I have most of that code done and posted on my MIDI processor page. The time clock is stubbed out but it would be simple to add. MIDI is passed through so if you can live with the MIDI delay you could add this in series with the MIDI. www.midisolutions.com makes a lot of neat stuff. You might email them and see if they have any devices that can do this. They have an event processor but I can't quite tell if it will do clocks.

Dave
odecahedron
thanks Dave! that thing looks intense! my problem resides in an issue with my MSQ100 (the only midi seq in my set-up) ... it doesnt send a straight/uninterrupted clock like a CLOCK OUT on an analog seq would (so all programmed rests in an MSQ seq are present/inseparable from the outgoing clock which in turn influences and fucks up the other sequencers. yet the MSQ plays sequences with rests prefectly from a straight incoming midiclock source... (weird much?) i love that thing and would rather not get rid of it (6100 note capacity, easy to use blah blah). so the MSQ is an important part of my rig but useless as a masterclock. hence my search for something to make all my sequencers mortal slaves Flamey

but anyway the Pedalsync guys got back and turns out their Master Controller board can be loaded with a clockout chip and boosted to between +5v to +9v with a JFET buffer (perfect for my voltage hungry MFOS) ... plus display, rate control and the two MIDI outs (plus other recall-features im not clued up on yet) makes it near perfect. gonna try and have it appropriated into a MU blank panel. ill post any developments if it turns out positive thumbs up

a longwinded uphill shitfight this has been tho. Dead Banana
fac
FutureRetro Mobius. And as a bonus, you also get a pretty good acid sequencer with MIDI and CV output. If you don't need the sequencer, you can use it as a clock divider / trigger sequencer.
odecahedron
pity its unobtanium confused
fac
There's one on US ebay right now, but I see you're in Melbourne. I've also seen a couple in BST in the past few months.

The FR Orb will do as well.
frank diego
Flame clockwork I would suggest.
denim dan
non-modular form factor, but how about the upcoming koma rh-301 rhythm workstation?
bar|none
flame clockworks
odecahedron
damn, now im thinkin the Flame might be the ticket, last week there was no choices - this week too many d'oh!
Peik
Monotribe with an Altitude909 MIDI kit. Will convert triggers to MIDI clock also.
wyrtti
I think the Archangel will send cv clock as well as Midi clock. You could check with det3 or stg...
morocco_dave
If you're of a solder-y persuasion, I designed a DIY one...

https://moroccodave.com/2017/07/23/diy-modular-synth-midi-and-cv-maste r-clock/
orenman
pamelas workout
memes_33
future retro swynx?

also, let me know if you are looking for a clockwork- i have both standalone and eurorack versions ATM and don't need both
mattb80
So I have a Roland D05, Roland Sh01A, Behringer Deep Mind and Make Noise 0 Coast running MIDI into a Elektron Digitak. Midi channels are set on each so I can record the midi notes on the Elektron pads 9 thru 12. Is there a way to set the 0 Coast MIDI channel to 12 so I don’t get it on every channel. When I try to record on another channel I pick up the 0 Coast on all of the MIDI channels. I see there is a way to set it in CV? But I’m pretty unfamiliar with this method. Anybody?..........
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1