MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Upright Bass
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Upright Bass
Cat-A-Tonic
Muff, I noticed you have a 1979 Czech Upright Acoustic Bass in your studio!!!

I slap a fully carved 2007 Carlo Giordano SB-300J 3/4 with olive colored nylon strings. I use a Revolution Solo II pickup in my bridge wing, and a ceramic EPM on the back of my fingerboard.

I also run a contrabass parts internet store in Japan.
www.rusticfrontier.com

Do you have any wise words related to upright bass and its use as a controller/processed by Blacet modular and or other gear?
Muff Wiggler
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
Muff, I noticed you have a 1979 Czech Upright Acoustic Bass in your studio!!!

ah, sharp eyes!! Indeed I do 8) It's a 7/8th size. I adore it, but it's actually for sale right now :( I've had it for about 13 years. I like to play Miles Davis (Ron Carter) tunes on it oops

Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
I slap a fully carved 2007 Carlo Giordano SB-300J 3/4 with olive colored nylon strings. I use a Revolution Solo II pickup in my bridge wing, and a ceramic EPM on the back of my fingerboard.

:shock: holy crap! Nice axe! I can only imagine how nice it sounds. Mine's a plywood, but very nicely made, archback and all. Actually the nicest plywood bass I've ever seen....by a long shot to be honest. I have only used external mics with it, I have no onboard electronics at all.

Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
I also run a contrabass parts internet store in Japan.
www.rusticfrontier.com

wow!! that is really cool, for some reason that surprised me coming from a fellow modular addict, but it does make sense...

Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
Do you have any wise words related to upright bass and its use as a controller/processed by Blacet modular and or other gear?

sadly, no. never even tried to be honest oops[/quote]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1