Congrats Euro users!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Congrats Euro users!

Post by Muff Wiggler » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:19 pm

So before this post, the Euro forum here now has as many threads as the Blacet forum. This is awesome!

Ross G originally asked me what I thought about creating a Euro forum here - while he didn't say it outright, I could tell he was a little concerned about a possible Frac/Metasonix bias on this forum, as that's what I use (and mostly post about), and what the majority of other users here at the time were using.

I told Ross that I did NOT want any platform bias here - it's just the way the membership and posting to that point had worked out. I was really happy to open a Euro forum, and glad that Ross prompted me.

The truth is, as I'm sure you guys all know - everyone's welcome here, and I've always felt 'the more the merrier'. If you are into music gear - and specifically modular gear - of any shape of style, I have always hoped you would find something useful here at this forum.

Anyway, the Euro section is really shaping up quickly, and I wanted to take a second to thank all of you guys for showing up and posting here. I think it's really really cool that there's a whole subforum full of discussions about a format that I don't even use! Really makes me feel good that people find the forum valuable.

I really hope none of you guys think or perceive any sort of format or platform bias here. I think we can all agree that the forum is biased towards modular synth users in GENERAL, but not towards any specific format - that's what I've always wanted so I just wanted to reiterate again how welcome all you Euro guys are, and how happy I am every time I see you guys posting. Thanks again 8)

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:04 pm

oh man, i wasn't worried about bias, just wanted something with the same "vibe" where people could talk about different Euro mfg stuff without any "brand loyalty"...i've been a long time Analog Heaven member, and i'm on the Doepfer list, but your place is set up for modular specific, has a following, and lots of people have a mix of formats...it's a good stew ...

you wanna call me out? i remember on KVR (where i met Mr. Wiggler) you threatened to go and kick someone's ass (in another city) for blatant racism, and i knew (with your world travels) you were serious...right then i thought "i like this motherfucker"...

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:33 pm

Yay Euro!

Yay Ross and Muff!
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:34 pm

GO TEAM GO! who's the bestest in the whole wide world web??!! one.two.three.. WE ARE! WE ARE! WE ARE!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

J.w.M.
Analog Addict

Post by J.w.M. » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:39 pm

That's just not natural.

consumed
International Filter Conspiracy

Post by consumed » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:56 am

except for the clothing, looks pretty natural to me :lol:

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:28 pm

consumed wrote:except for the clothing, looks pretty natural to me :lol:
and flexible. i could stick my entire head in there.
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

J.w.M.
Analog Addict

Post by J.w.M. » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:29 am

Haha! I guess I need to get out more.

wwbjd
Wiggling with Experience

Post by wwbjd » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:12 pm

Me and my MONSTER SYSTEM (ok, just a few modules) will soon be joining your ranks.

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:23 pm

glad to have you here wwbjd 8)

Return to “Eurorack Modules”