MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tablet (bluetooth) to Modular 16channel module: RC1radiostar
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Tablet (bluetooth) to Modular 16channel module: RC1radiostar
soundmachines
hanerlend wrote:
btw. any chance of a smaller, 3xmini-din version? (like the tiptop poly modules)

Not for now... As soon as we begin to sell those and see how it behave in the market we could think of further modifications and/or expansions (like ethernet, midi and wifi).

cheers!
hanerlend
soundmachines wrote:
hanerlend wrote:
soundmachines wrote:
mckenic wrote:
Perhaps I am stupidly not fully understanding...

Would it be possible to have this as a template for Lemur or TouchOSC and have that sent out over BT?

I don't understand either smile. The RC1radiostar is an eurorack module. The software that you are seeing on the tablet is an Android App that just instructs the module (via BT) how to behave (gates and analog voltages out).

Up to now the protocol that we use over bluetooth is binary, to use the bandwidth at the maximum.

Is possible to have a firmware that responds to OSC messages over BT (nothing has ever been tested in this regards..) but I'm expecting to have less 'throughput' on the BT channel. In any case, OSC compatibility is on the roadmap. We just have to ask the guys of TouchOSC or LEMUR to work on the Bluetooth SPP (or proprietary profile for BT4.0 for iOS) as another communication channel. That could definitely be done without much hassle.

cheers!

Please have a look here:

http://www.sound-machines.it/?page_id=35

for ios, you could have a "transmitter app" in the background, communicating with other ios apps via midi (/osc/whatever?), like IK Multimedia is about to do with their Bluetooth stomp-box they released at namm. (blueboard or whatever they named it) This means you can still have binary Bluetooth communication / maximum throughput while accepting midi (and poosinly osc?).

oh, and this looks GREAT by the way! It's peanut butter jelly time!

-han

Yeah possiblities are endless. For now we will develop a similar app for iOS and possibly leave to third party developers (by opening up the protocol, and maybe all the firmware of the module) further integrations and applications, comprising the iOS ecosystem interfacing with other 'audio' or 'midi' apps....

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but..

if you make the ios app coremidi compatible, it will work with ALL ios coremidi apps, without ever having to open up firmware.developers of other apps won't have to write a single line of code for it to work with your module. it will also be possible for buyers of your module to use their ipads/phones as midi to CV converters. At least for me, being able to use genome app would be important. Others would find other apps important.
if you leave it to other developers to use your protocol, fewer apps will work with your module. Just a thought.

-han
soundmachines
hanerlend wrote:
soundmachines wrote:
hanerlend wrote:
soundmachines wrote:
mckenic wrote:
Perhaps I am stupidly not fully understanding...

Would it be possible to have this as a template for Lemur or TouchOSC and have that sent out over BT?

I don't understand either smile. The RC1radiostar is an eurorack module. The software that you are seeing on the tablet is an Android App that just instructs the module (via BT) how to behave (gates and analog voltages out).

Up to now the protocol that we use over bluetooth is binary, to use the bandwidth at the maximum.

Is possible to have a firmware that responds to OSC messages over BT (nothing has ever been tested in this regards..) but I'm expecting to have less 'throughput' on the BT channel. In any case, OSC compatibility is on the roadmap. We just have to ask the guys of TouchOSC or LEMUR to work on the Bluetooth SPP (or proprietary profile for BT4.0 for iOS) as another communication channel. That could definitely be done without much hassle.

cheers!

Please have a look here:

http://www.sound-machines.it/?page_id=35

for ios, you could have a "transmitter app" in the background, communicating with other ios apps via midi (/osc/whatever?), like IK Multimedia is about to do with their Bluetooth stomp-box they released at namm. (blueboard or whatever they named it) This means you can still have binary Bluetooth communication / maximum throughput while accepting midi (and poosinly osc?).

oh, and this looks GREAT by the way! It's peanut butter jelly time!

-han

Yeah possiblities are endless. For now we will develop a similar app for iOS and possibly leave to third party developers (by opening up the protocol, and maybe all the firmware of the module) further integrations and applications, comprising the iOS ecosystem interfacing with other 'audio' or 'midi' apps....

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but..

if you make the ios app coremidi compatible, it will work with ALL ios coremidi apps, without ever having to open up firmware.developers of other apps won't have to write a single line of code for it to work with your module. it will also be possible for buyers of your module to use their ipads/phones as midi to CV converters. At least for me, being able to use genome app would be important. Others would find other apps important.
if you leave it to other developers to use your protocol, fewer apps will work with your module. Just a thought.

-han

No problems here!
Are you a developer? We have expertise in Android development but not in iOS and, while we are starting developing a really simple app by ourselves, we don't exclude to have others doing it. This is what I referred as 'further integrations'. Basicly I would like to give the customers something to use the module with every functionalities while other applications (including what you refer to as trasmitter apps).
If someone is interested in developing for this module we will be very excited about this!!!!
hanerlend
unfortunately, I have only written very basic apps myself.but I'm guessing if you can make a simple piano roll app like that for ios, implementing the core midi framework shouldn't be that hard.

-han
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2