MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

First 200e recording
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author First 200e recording
science
http://virb.com/scientist/audio/444606

Snare/hihat thing and the main "melody" are coming from the 200e. Rear channels of the 200e are fed to the A-119 to create triggers and envelopes which are controlling the BD from the borg filter and the underlying fx sound from the hertz donut. Audio from the rear channels is fed through the Z5000 for a bit of reverb while the swirl reaches them.

The only adjustment made by hand was to the 281e decay here and there, and at the end for the super awesome finish wink

Only one of the 4 sections of the 281 was used.
ex_dead_teenager
Wow Science that was really good!
decaying.sine
I really enjoyed that science.
science
Thanks guys thumbs up

I was experimenting with how much I could do given a limited number of patch cords on the 200e.

If you count the shorting plug going between the 281 and 292, the total was 5 (not counting audio cables obviously).
science
...and I just want to mention, patch storage in a modular is just about the coolest feature I've ever had on a synth. My notes on that patch were about 1/10th as much of a pain in the ass to write down as they would have been on my euro system.

we're not worthy --> 200e patch storage
b3nsf
Hey Science,

I take back what I said way back, about the B-Boys never posting any cool shit... this is definately cool shit, and I am for the second time ever... really impressed with the 200e system, thank you for putting forth the effort! thumbs up Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! 8_)
science
You can look forward to plenty more from me... I have officially found the instrument I've been searching for ever since I started with synths.
b3nsf
please try to post more... I know the temptation to continue with normal life might be great but you must remain a hermit!! hihi
Mr White
very very cool!
what is that panning sweeping noise!?
science
Mr White (Mr Yellow) wrote:
what is that panning sweeping noise!?

haha... which one? lol
drewtoothpaste
Nice sound, please post more when you get a chance!
science
b3nsf wrote:
Hey Science,

I take back what I said way back, about the B-Boys never posting any cool shit... this is definately cool shit, and I am for the second time ever... really impressed with the 200e system, thank you for putting forth the effort! thumbs up Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! 8_)

Forgot to mention that if anyone else with a 200e wants their modules to sound cool, feel free to send them to me hihi
bwhittington
Nice . . . I like the almost poppy vibe. I enjoyed your minimalist track, because it comes close to my first wave of modules. I look forward to hearing more of your stuff!

thumbs up

Cheers,
Brian
panda30y
we're not worthy
Nice Job mr. science!
rezzn8r
that was fucking wicked
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
ambulance
Pockets McCoy
This is incredible, especially considering what a complex system it is and how recently you were...properly acquainted with it. If this is a sign of things to come, I can't fucking wait to experience everything else you do with it.

science wrote:
You can look forward to plenty more from me... I have officially found the instrument I've been searching for ever since I started with synths.

Yes! That's exactly how I feel about the Serge, and I'm so happy you feel that way about your Buchla, because I know what a completely fulfilling feeling it is, and I'm also familiar with the inspiration that comes with it. I've touched a lot of gear over the course of my interest in sound, and there's just NOTHING like the moment where it clicks as "I'll never look for the perfect instrument ever again, because I'm playing it right now."

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
ex_dead_teenager
Hey Science how about a SECOND Buchla track ever???

also for the record I'm thrilled that you are getting so much from your instrument. I can remember when you were so anxious about getting it and how long it was taking and whatnot I'm really happy to hear that it was worth the wait.

I'm counting the months before I can post some of my own Buchla stuff.
science
Had a busy day yesterday, and I'm spending today setting up a template for the 225e in Numerology. Might have some more recorded later or tomorrow thumbs up
science
So after spending yesterday setting up the 225e with a template in Numerology, I have come to the conclusion that the 225e is the coolest MIDI->CV interface I've ever worked with. More outputs than I know what to do with.
bf
Thank you. Looking forward to more.
science
Another one... only spent a little time on this, but I think it could be the beginning of something cool.

Again, no external sequencing of any kind. This one is all 200e, no euro involvement. A tiny bit of reverb was added in Logic.

http://virb.com/scientist/audio/445085
Lyonel
Impressive !
HexEnduction
Dancing Star Dancing Star Dancing Star Dancing Star Dancing Star
pickleinn
Awesome tracks!

I have a dumb question about patch memory on the buchla......when you store a patch and come back to it days later, can you repeat accurately?

The reason i ask is because I always find myself chasing that patch I did before but even subtle movements of the knobs completely sends it into a different direction.

Ryan
science
Provided you have everything routed correctly, yes thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2