MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

soundmachines LS1lightstrip new videos!!!!!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author soundmachines LS1lightstrip new videos!!!!!!!
soundmachines
Dear Sirs,
here is a couple of videos shot today, have a nice sunday!!!!

hpsounds
Very nice ! applause But does the LS1 output CV when recording the finger's movement ?
Matos
Lovely. Will this be dropping before the robotto or after? Could the topmost led be made to flash counting down the recording time? So if it has 4 seconds of cv time, it would pulse 4 flashes, one per second?
soundmachines
hpsounds wrote:
Very nice ! applause But does the LS1 output CV when recording the finger's movement ?

Yes indeed!
the firmware is not yet finished!
soundmachines
Matos wrote:
Lovely. Will this be dropping before the robotto or after? Could the topmost led be made to flash counting down the recording time? So if it has 4 seconds of cv time, it would pulse 4 flashes, one per second?

Mmmm that would be not easy to show (you have to count!). Is it really a plus?

The idea is that when you reach 4 seconds (and you have the memory full) the output will start to cycle thru the saved data BUT you can still override with your input.

Oh, also keep in mind the the LED of the 'mode' buttons is actually blinking (too fast for now, that will be solved on the firmware) but the video is not showing it because there is some saturation with the led intensity.

This will be out immediately after ROBOTTO, as this one does not have a real panel, it will be much quicker to manufacture!!!!!

cheers
Paranormal Patroler
I'm happy to see I'm not the only one with a Kraftzwerg in their case!
So what happens when you stop playback and then press play again? Does it keep the previous info stored until powerdown?

I'm getting two of these and a uLoop as well. Looking forward to the bundle offers!
soundmachines
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
I'm happy to see I'm not the only one with a Kraftzwerg in their case!
So what happens when you stop playback and then press play again? Does it keep the previous info stored until powerdown?

I'm getting two of these and a uLoop as well. Looking forward to the bundle offers!

The Zwerg is a good guy!
Regarding the question, I cannot see a feasible way to discriminate between the activation of the HOLD function (that continues to work even in the GATE-IN scenario) and the PLAY function.... Also, as there is only a GATE IN signal, we just know WHEN to record (during the high level of hte input) and when to LOOP indefinitely (when the GATE IN is low AND we did a recording)...
Mmmmm... a little bit awkward in explanation.... smile
Paranormal Patroler
Nah, the explanation is fine. But I think you missed my question, so let me try again:

On the spooky theremin part of the video at some point you record something and then it plays back in a loop. At the end of the video you press the button and as expected it stops playing. If you pressed the button again would it start playing the loop? That's what I'm asking.
soundmachines
I got your question but i jumped over some passages... smile

The short answer to your last question is no.

As I -tried- to describe in my first answer (I apologize here, I am having some language difficulties!) what you describe would be totally possible BUT:

the MODE button has several purposes:
-when you press it WITHOUT having the finger on the slider it swithces to HOLD mode
-when you press (and keep pressed) the mode button WHILE you are moving your finger on the slider, the module records the output.
-when you stop pressing mode, the PLAY LOOP phase starts and stops when you press it again.

At this point we have NO WAY in discriminating what a further pression will do between:
1-start the looping again with what's in memory
2-change to HOLD mode
I hope it is clear now!

Just to be on the positive side, in the LP1lightplane we have TWO buttons smile))))
robotopsy
This module is next in the line.....
chvad
not sure how i missed these but they seem really cool. anyone grab them? how ya diggin on them?
soundmachines
chvad wrote:
not sure how i missed these but they seem really cool. anyone grab them? how ya diggin on them?

Hi chvad!
Have a look here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94042&start=all&post days=0&postorder=asc

And then... a quick travel to MemeAntenna smile

Cheers
chvad
meme has them? i was going over there just this evening! WHAT A COINCIDENCE! lol. you evil bastard. we're not worthy

also.. thanks for the link!
soundmachines
chvad wrote:
meme has them? i was going over there just this evening! WHAT A COINCIDENCE! lol. you evil bastard. we're not worthy

also.. thanks for the link!

Hey you've been FAST!!! smile
Thanks for the video!

D
chvad
Anytime! Easy for me as I live 4 blocks from those guys.
thebrotherspus
Will there be more ls1 modules coming to North America any time soon?
waveglider
These are really fun modules! thumbs up
I have two and love 'em, the price is perfect too.
soundmachines
A shipment to Meme is due on monday!!!

Next batch is planned to be available in 4weeks!
They are doing quite well!
L.C.O.
Do these retain settings on powerdown?
when i turn my case back on, does the unit remember last settings?
if not, what is the default state on power up?
thank you!
soundmachines
L.C.O. wrote:
thank you!

Hi there!
no state memory! On power up the CV and GATE output are 0V.
Cheers!
L.C.O.
soundmachines wrote:
L.C.O. wrote:
thank you!

Hi there!
no state memory! On power up the CV and GATE output are 0V.
Cheers!

Thank you!
henrybirdseye
This is a great big WANT!
erstlaub
Just curious as to whether these are still in production or there will be any more?

Sold out everywhere in the UK which is pretty obvious given the awesomeness to price ratio but will we ever see a re-up?
JSS
You'll find it here, and even on sale!

http://soundria.com/soundmachines-ls1-lightstrip.html
erstlaub
Brilliant, I literally just noticed that and was on my way back to post it.

I often forget that we live in a world where manufacturers sell direct.

Happy days.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2