MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Table Top sequencers ??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Table Top sequencers ??
Slabwax
I'm thinking my next gear purchase will be a desk top sequencer. I'm only aware of the Step 64, the Orb and the Voice of Saturn. I'm I missing anything else?

I have thought about the synth.com 119. But would require a rack, a power supply and whatever else to make it work. So I'm thinking less money is good at this point.

Does any one have any opinions on the subject?

Thanks
Dean
Kent
There is also the Nemo by Genoqs Machines.

You could also wait for the forthcoming Analogue Solutions sequencer. Some drum machines (Korg EMX-1, Jomox, etc) also have very nice sequencers within them.
droolmaster0
Slabwax wrote:
I'm thinking my next gear purchase will be a desk top sequencer. I'm only aware of the Step 64, the Orb and the Voice of Saturn. I'm I missing anything else?

I have thought about the synth.com 119. But would require a rack, a power supply and whatever else to make it work. So I'm thinking less money is good at this point.

Does any one have any opinions on the subject?

Thanks
Dean

Are you looking to sequence only cv/gate controllable gear? Midi also? What features are you looking for? (midi only sequencers need a midi to cv interface to control cv/gate gear)

Off the top of my head, there are currently available these:
genoqs nemo and octopus (midi only).
Cyclus 3 (midi only)
Oberkorn (rack only?) - cv/gate mainly with some midi control.
maq 16/3 (still made?) - midi and cv/gate
schrittmacher (midi only)
MAPS (midi and cv/gate)
sam-16 (midi and cv/gate)
Zeit (can you actually get the table top version? or even the rack version. Occasionally people actually get these. Midi only)

Huge range of price and features.
subbasshead
I picked up a Frostwave Fat Controller on Ebay & really like it, but he doesnt make them anymore so secondhand is your only way of getting one...

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2006/06/frostwave-fat-controller-no-lo nger-in.html
droolmaster0
I just put my Voice of Saturn sequencer up for sale. I don't need it, since I can use other more powerful sequencers to control my VOS stuff. It is preassembled by them, and is in perfect condition. I have it at $200 with free shipping.
Slabwax
Thanks for the replies.

C/V is most important, midi is take it leave for me. The reasons I brought up the three I did want a price point under $600.00 The .com 119 will cost more when all is said and done, but would put me on track to starting a modular.

I'm not sure of all the features I want or need, I'm new to this whole synth thing. I do know that the random thing sounds cool. My minds thinks randomly my gear might as well reflect my thought process.

Thanks
Dean
droolmaster0
Over $600 when all is said and done, but also is the start of a modular. You might look into the Doepfer a-155/a-154 combo. Building a eurorack system again, and I picked up a pair of each just recently, and this is a VERY cool sequencer.
gmcerveny
+1 for the a155/154 combo! ....But... one of each pretty much fill a row, add a second 155 and a vcs, and that's most of a 2-row case. MFB also makes eurorack sequencers.

+1 also for the Orb.

I haven't used them, but also check out the flame clockwork and echometer... I'm interested in those myself.

twisted
krisp14u
im surprised no one has mentioned the not yet released Cirklon from Sequentix

If the P3 is anything to go by this is going to be one serious sequencer
Babaluma
second hand future retro mobius with the side wooden butt cheeks.
droolmaster0
krisp14u wrote:
im surprised no one has mentioned the not yet released Cirklon from Sequentix

If the P3 is anything to go by this is going to be one serious sequencer

I think that the 'not yet released' part might be the reason....
cram1960
there's also the MFB Step64 sequencer.

It has both Midi I/O and CV/Gatex4.

more info here:

MFB Step64
Synesthesia
depend what do you want to do really ... I have a Orb, I totally love it; but after, it's not for everybody .

the glide on it is really cool; and the remix pots are really, really nice.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1