MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

New Doepfer gear fpr Musikmesse 2013
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New Doepfer gear fpr Musikmesse 2013

moss

Checkout http://www.doepfer.de

A-100LCB: angled basic case 2x84 HP suitable for the low cost versions of the A-100-Cases A-100LC6/LC9 (similar to the monster base A-100PMB, but 84 HP and made of raw wood)
A-171-2 : Voltage Controlled Slew Processor/Generator
A-180-2: 2x4 fold multiple with 2 HP
A-190-8: USB/Midi to Sync Interface
A-130: linear VCA with high-end VCA circuit (SSM2164)
Special edition of the Analog Sequencer MAQ16/3 with black front panel and the same rotary knobs as Dark Energy/Dark Time
A-157: Trigger Sequencer Subsystem
A-190-5: Polyphonic USB/Midi to CV/Gate Interface
A-192-2: Dual CV/Gate to Midi/USB-Interface
A-131: exponential VCA with high-end VCA circuit (THAT)

applause

SYN7HOR

Yeah!! I just wish the 190-5 was here 6 months ago, when I was still using midi.

arnoux

Oh that Low Cost Base is MY ASS IS BLEEDING

iamerror

I'm quite fond of my Doepfer modules, but is it just me, or could they use an ever so slight facelift? I must say, in comparison to most other manufacturers, Dieter's modules look quite... flat?

Tifaret

iamerror wrote:
I'm quite fond of my Doepfer modules, but is it just me, or could they use an ever so slight facelift? I must say, in comparison to most other manufacturers, Dieter's modules look quite... flat?

Totally agreed. Even just changing things to match the 'Dark' series would be much more appealing to me.
I can understand not wanting to change things after so long though.

4secloop

That case lovely. If I didn't have to take my modular out and about so often I'd definitely have one of those.

The Trigger Sequencer looks sweet too. Prefer the look of that to Tiptop ones.

Zenn

iamerror wrote:
I'm quite fond of my Doepfer modules, but is it just me, or could they use an ever so slight facelift?

Replace the knobs. Be happy once more.

4secloop

Zenn wrote:
iamerror wrote:
I'm quite fond of my Doepfer modules, but is it just me, or could they use an ever so slight facelift?

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing this.

ferran

arnoux wrote:
Oh that Low Cost Base is MY ASS IS BLEEDING

thumbs up

chvad

Real excited about the trigger sequencer and a-171!

Ill never understand why people want to change the appearance of Doepfer stuff. Tastes vary of course but IMO, aside from SynthTech, they are my fav looking modules. Clean, no nonsense stuff. Love it!

sandyb

the low cost base is *exactly* what i need.

It's peanut butter jelly time!

arnoux

4secloop wrote:
That case lovely. If I didn't have to take my modular out and about so often I'd definitely have one of those.

I'm thinking about getting one for giging around, I usually move by car, so simply maybe I'd have to find something like a bag a la Buchala Skylab or a padded trolley, getting care do you think it will works? For now I just move around my LC9 without protections with a lot of paranoid.

I'd go for it coz it looks cool and it's just perfect as base for my current system..

radiokoala

Agreed, that low-cost base is bad-ass! Perfect ergonomics thumbs up

raulsworldofsynths

I was already considering the MAQ/16 but the new panel design is:
love

w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t

lutoslawski

Tifaret wrote:
iamerror wrote:

Totally agreed. Even just changing things to match the 'Dark' series would be much more appealing to me.
I can understand not wanting to change things after so long though.

Doepfer is a classic!. Just as Serge or Dotcom. Not need to change.Lovely stuff

Paranormal Patroler

Awww man, those LCB are amazingly cute! love

I foresee lot's of trades of LC9 cases for these.

causticlogic

chvad wrote:
Real excited about the trigger sequencer and a-171!

Ill never understand why people want to change the appearance of Doepfer stuff. Tastes vary of course but IMO, aside from SynthTech, they are my fav looking modules. Clean, no nonsense stuff. Love it!

I agree! with this. I look at it the same way. Ergonomics and a clean, easily understood, accessible layout are way more beneficial to playing an instrument than the way something looks.
Changing the knobs because you find them hard to interact with is one thing, but changing them just because you don't like the clinical aesthetic doesn't seem to achieve anything.

southafrica

That case looks awesome, wonder if they're planning a non-low cost version that closes up, now that would be pretty cool.

LeFreq

Yes! Really excited about these bases. I have two LC9s stacked on top of each other w/ a skiff in front... this would be much cooler. hyper

ws9848

another yes for the low cost base

dmod

4secloop wrote:
Zenn wrote:
iamerror wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing this.
Do it! thumbs up I replaced mine and it is soooo much better to look at. I feel like they can fit in with the best of them now. here is a link for a great sight for knobs. cheers!

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1192KNOBS

amnesia

Doepfer have made a fatal mistake with that case. I bet you will have cables from the top row hitting the bottom row if you want to so minor stacking.

voidshell

Wonder what the US cost for the case will be.

I want 2!

NV

causticlogic wrote:

Changing the knobs because you find them hard to interact with is one thing, but changing them just because you don't like the clinical aesthetic doesn't seem to achieve anything.

It's like painting a room in your house. It doesn't change anything practical, but if it makes you happier to see it then it's worth a few bucks.

cane creek

I'm looking at that new A-100LCB: angled basic case , I wonder if my A-100 P9 would sit on top of it (I'm really tight for space here)

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2