MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Livewire, Plan B, Harvestman - *available* from Moog Audio
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Livewire, Plan B, Harvestman - *available* from Moog Audio
Muff Wiggler
and when they aren't available, they seem to have exact dates when they will arrive.

leave it to Canada, eh?

http://www.moogaudio.com/index.php?cPath=111
GeneralBigBag
I ordered an AFG and Model 10 from them on Thursday...we shall see if those dates are when they get them. It's nice not to have to worry about customs.
Muff Wiggler
well, sad to say, I have to make a post to say that I most absolutely CANNOT recommend doing business with Moog Audio.

At the same time that I made this post (April 5th) I ordered a guitar pedal from them through their website.

After making my payment, I received a confirmation, and waited a while for either a shipping confirmation or the receipt of product. Neither came, so after a few days I emailed them.

2 days later they emailed back to say that the product wasn't in stock (which wasn't stated on their webage - just a big shiny "Buy Now!" button....) but they would receive some by the end of the week.

Do the math - this was in the first week of April.

They do not communicate with me. Every 10 days or so since, I have emailed them to ask if it's come in yet, and when I can receive it.

The first two of these emails were returned two business days later, basically saying "we had problems with the distributer but we'll get them next week".

Again, do the math. My last three emails to them have gone unanswered for many business days now.

I phoned them and was given the same 'distributor/next week story' two weeks ago. Still nothing, still no return to email queries.

So I've had $200 tied up with these guys since April 5th, and they can't even be bothered to get back to me now.

Fail.
GeneralBigBag
Theoretically my Plan B stuff should be arriving today, according to the UPS tracker...I sort of figured it was Peter Grenadier doing the thing where he underestimates the time it will take to make stuff (I do this all the time, so I don't begrudge him that)...
sgnhh
I figured there was something up with them. There's no way they'd have all that stuff in stock when every other store does not.
governor blacksnake
Hello,

I'm sending a load of Harvestman stuff to Moog Audio at the end of the week. Last time I looked at their website (a few months ago) they seemed to have expected dates of arrival for all of their modules, but the design appears to have changed slightly.

Anyways, they'll have my stuff in stock soon!
GeneralBigBag
Well...
I got the modules alright, the Model 10 seems to be fine, but the Model 15 has some issues that were clearly the result of a bad packing job. Whether this was Moog or Plan B I don't know. I'm going to sort this out tomorrow, customer service report pending.

2 damaged trim pots, which is a big deal, and one damaged ribbon, which isn't.

sad banana
shamann
Muff, were you dealing with the Montreal store or the Toronto store?

I've had lukewarm experience with them in the past. The guys in the shop in Toronto are pleasant enough if a little disorganized.

The only time I've tried ordering through their website, it was for the Blackbox Quicksilver delay, which they had listed at the original Blackbox price ( angry oohlala) and didn't have in stock despite letting orders go through on the website. So they called me two days later to advise of both situations and offered me a delayed order at the extortionate price or let me cancel the order immediately (which I did).

Strange about not hearing from them, since they were fairly quick and direct when I dealt with them.
Muff Wiggler
fuck! sad banana that's so shitty about the Plan B module. It would take some hefty damage (or really REALLY bad packing) to do that to the cable I think. :( so lame. I agree the cable isn't the biggest deal, but the trimpots - yeah cry

Shamann- it was the Montreal store.

Interestingly enough, it was a similar story. The pedal is a Catalinbread Silver Kiss Mk. II, in the larger 'American Edition' box which is a bit more expensive than the small one.

I saw their original listing for this pedal, at $169, showing a pic of the American Edition. This seemed sorta low to me, so I emailed them asking if it was the standard (which I don't want) or the American Edition pedal.

They got back to me saying the listing was for the American Edition, but they had put the price wrong and it was $249 if I still wanted it (somewhere around that price, don't remember exactly).

So I didn't want it at that price, I emailed back saying that the web-page was still showing it at $169, and if I pressed the "Buy Now" button, would I be able to have it at that price?

They replied back "Yes! Go right ahead, it was our mistake".

I thought that was cool, I pressed the button, made the purchase. About 10 minutes later they fixed the webpage updating the price.

Anyway, I heard back from them today and they've kept up the same friendly tone - "Don't worry, we haven't forgotten you! We are still waiting for the shipment from the distrubuter and hope it will be here any day now - we will keep you posted!"

So, read into that what you will.....

still hoping for the best here...
GeneralBigBag
So far so good - they've agreed to take the M15 back (and pay for the shipping), and send me a new one.

I offered to buy the damaged one off of them, but they offered it to me at $288. Given the likely necessity of removing the mainboard to replace the pots (30 solder points), and the proximity of the damaged pot to the vactrols, I suspect that the repairs would cost more than $32 (since I don't think I'd be up for doing that myself)...

I hope you get your pedal Muff...it's hard to judge their sincerity in responding to complaints...on the one hand, they have been relatively prompt, but on the other, I've had to do all the work as far as communicating goes.
shamann
Muff Wiggler wrote:
Interestingly enough, it was a similar story.

On the one hand you got lucky. I'd actually already purchased at the lower price and they didn't even offer to honour it, only to cancel it or go with the extortionate price.

On the other hand, I see how they are working around the situation. My guess is they'll contact you at some point saying there's an indefinite delay with the distributor and offer you a cancelled order.
Muff Wiggler
well, I guess in a slow, patient way, I got lucky oops

the pedal arrived today 8)

WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY late. But it's here.

After reading shamann's comment a a while back, I figured it would indeed play out that way. So I sent an email to the manufacturer of the pedal I ordered, basically saying I was having a really bad time with a dealer that I've paid up front for an 'in stock' pedal, and now they won't ever return my emails anymore.

The manufacturer copied both the distributor and the store, giving specific dates when the pedal would get to the distributor, and to the store, and apologized, and said to let him know if I didn't get it in a reasonable time given these dates. Additionally the distributor also emailed me to say he had received them, and telling me exactly when Moog Audio would get them. Through all of this they CCed Moog Audio as well.

Anyway, my pedal arrived today! The first and last thing I will ever buy from Moog Audio.
GeneralBigBag
I'm still waiting for my replacement Model 15. I emailed on Friday, no response yet.

I'm with you Muff - once I get the module, I'm going to email Peter, let him know what a shit job MA's done, and shop at Noisebug from now on.
D/A A/D
GeneralBigBag wrote:
I'm still waiting for my replacement Model 15. I emailed on Friday, no response yet.

I'm with you Muff - once I get the module, I'm going to email Peter, let him know what a shit job MA's done, and shop at Noisebug from now on.

Fuck I was so excited to get some of my shit in Canada... confused
GeneralBigBag
I might shop there if I lived in Montreal or Toronto, and could go in to the store, and examine the module before giving them any $.
Geeez. I got all excited b/c I saw a ups truck at the bottom end of my street when I was coming home today...it wasn't for me.
sgnhh
GeneralBigBag wrote:
I might shop there if I lived in Montreal or Toronto, and could go in to the store, and examine the module before giving them any $.
Geeez. I got all excited b/c I saw a ups truck at the bottom end of my street when I was coming home today...it wasn't for me.

I hate when this happens. :L
shamann
One thing about the modular stuff, I've never seen any of it on display in the Toronto store.
D/A A/D
Has anyone dealt with TECHNOPOLIS??? I am getting some stuff from them I think.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1