MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC101 .WAV Player and large SD Card success
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author ADDAC101 .WAV Player and large SD Card success
Dirty_Bill
Recently acquired one of these modules, and after some initial fits with software (Audacity was saving my resampled 16 bit .wavs as 44.1k!, argh!) I have been having some great results with sample playback.

I was recently gifted 4 8gig SD cards. I used Windows Disk Management (and also disk util under OSX) to place a 1 gig partition onto the SDcard). Formatted only this partition as 16k block FAT, and have been using these cards without issue so far.

Given the price was right, I'm not too sad about only using 1/8 of the card capacity hihi
Paranormal Patroler
Wait, can you partition the card into 8 X 1gig parts and use them as 8 cards? Mr. Green
Dirty_Bill
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Wait, can you partition the card into 8 X 1gig parts and use them as 8 cards? Mr. Green
If Only!

hihi

Since scored some 512K cards on eBay and the work now converting and loading samples.
ws9848
I need to get a few more cards. I might have to try to partition a large card and see how that works for me.
ersatzplanet
You may be able to partition it but there is no mechanism on the 101 that will let it see or use the other partitions. In fact, how would it even know which one to use? I would assume the one you designate as a boot partition.
Dirty_Bill
ersatzplanet wrote:
You may be able to partition it but there is no mechanism on the 101 that will let it see or use the other partitions. In fact, how would it even know which one to use? I would assume the one you designate as a boot partition.


Only using one formatted partition @1 gig. the rest of the card is unformatted wasteland. still plenty big for my samples.

Since it's becoming increasingly hard to get 'small' (1 gig or less) SDCards it's the only option. My wav player barfs on large partition sizes.

edit: unless I troll ebay for old cards woah
ersatzplanet
I have had success with a PNY brand Premium 2GB SD card. 72 files and they are not short ones.

The problem of course with bigger cards is that you fill them up and then you enter the hassle of finding the track you want. I really wish there was some sort of feedback from the module. A single character LED would work (use the dot for double characters). It is always hunt and find for me. I wish there was a good source for cheap dependable smaller size cards, or cards in general. It is easier to manage a bunch of cards than finding a file on a large card. Want to play file X? Hit reset and start counting up is the only way now.
Dirty_Bill
ersatzplanet wrote:
I have had success with a PNY brand Premium 2GB SD card. 72 files and they are not short ones.

The problem of course with bigger cards is that you fill them up and then you enter the hassle of finding the track you want. I really wish there was some sort of feedback from the module. A single character LED would work (use the dot for double characters). It is always hunt and find for me. I wish there was a good source for cheap dependable smaller size cards, or cards in general. It is easier to manage a bunch of cards than finding a file on a large card. Want to play file X? Hit reset and start counting up is the only way now.


Hopefully all enhancements for the ultra wav player... in the interim it's a file list and a predetermined amount of "trigger' button presses...
filmersam
Are there any other brands that people have had success with?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group