MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rene touch plate sensitivity
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author Rene touch plate sensitivity
Waz
Is there a trimpot on the back to adjust the sensitivity on the Makenoise Rene? Mine is very unresponsive and the one on the front of the panel seems not to be enough. I have to use a large portion of my finger for it to register any of the touches.
chrisso
Some Rene's do not seem to respond to dry hands.
infradead
my hands are always to dry, my kids has no issues most of the time so i know its me if a 3 year old can make it look easy...
Waz
So the answer is; Moisturize!!!!
infradead
Waz wrote:

False!

Hire a three year old!
xart
Waz wrote:

Yep...lick your fingers.

This is why I will NEVER buy used MakeNoise PP or Rene stuff.....they all have spit all over them. thumbs up

(i never had to lick my TKB - not even once)
triplizard
I had the same issue and contacted Tony about this. First of all check your grounding - Rene is sensitive to poor grounding. I had it plugged into a crappy power strip and when I plugged it straight into the wall it got 90% better. Secondarily, moisturize a little before playing (I.e. Give the moisturizer a few minutes to sink in so you're not smearing it on.) Licking your fingers has to be repeated every little while and gets spit on the module. Moisturizing lasts a long time and won't leave a residue. Also use the meat of your finger instead of the tip of you can.
TestSetRadio
this thread made me nauseous.
archerofloaf
I've heard about this problem before. Thankfully I have juicy fingertips.

woah
Waz
Disinfecting my 2nd hand module. I don't want the herpes.
strettara
I don't have plampy hands (plagued by dry skin, if anything), but I've noticed a couple of times in performance that the PP's stop responding predictably. Presumably I sweat a bit more when all excited by my artistry. Just wiping the contact surfaces off with a cloth solves the problem. So too much moisture seems to be a bad thing too. Can't imagine what it'd be like using this stuff in Calcutta.

I generally keep the back panel trimmer to 50% and the front panel pot to 100%, but when rehearsing/performing I tune the front pot down a bit, as far as 70% or so.
leesparey
strettara wrote:

I generally keep the back panel trimmer to 50% and the front panel pot to 100%, but when rehearsing/performing I tune the front pot down a bit, as far as 70% or so.

Hi there Strettara, can I ask how you access the back panel trimmer please? I can't see where it is on mine.

Thanks.
exmd
There's a back panel trimmer? I have this problem with my Rene but not my pressure points. I used moisturize non-stop
Leverkusen
exmd wrote:
There's a back panel trimmer? I have this problem with my Rene but not my pressure points. I used moisturize non-stop

It's the rightmost pot on the control panel. Try it in a few different positions - simply setting it to the maximum may not give the desired effect. That's what MN wrote me.
Summa
Leverkusen wrote:
exmd wrote:

It's the rightmost pot on the control panel. Try it in a few different positions - simply setting it to the maximum may not give the desired effect. That's what MN wrote me.

That woukd be the front trimmer, not the BACK trimmer. And I have no idea if there is one, checked the manual and nothing is stated about a back panel trimmer like the one on the pressure points... on a PP it was just a matter of turning it way up on the back and then dial it down on the front for the dsired effect... I wouldn't use moisturizer nor lick my fingers while playing, especially not LIVE(!) screaming goo yo
Leverkusen
d'oh!
READYdot
I got my third René, and I don't have issues with this one, the others were a pain and zero responsive...
leesparey
leesparey wrote:
strettara wrote:

Hi there Strettara, can I ask how you access the back panel trimmer please? I can't see where it is on mine.

Thanks.

Sorry, just realised Strettara was talking about PP not Rene.
exmd
READYdot wrote:
I got my third René, and I don't have issues with this one, the others were a pain and zero responsive...

Did you exchange them ?
Adamalthus
READYdot wrote:

Looks like I'm going to have to go the same route. Mine is completely non-responsive - irrespective of pot settings - unless I do the 'licking the fingers' thing. I was messing around with the one the Control guys have on display and it responds perfectly.
chinard
southphillysynths
this is very strange, makes me hisitate getting a pressure points... I seem to remember at a synth meet a guy had rene and pressure points in a system and the rene worked great but the pressurepoints didnt... maybe it was the grounding issue.
adolfgottmann
PP works like a charm for me, but only with the sensitivity pot set fully CW or so
Rene is a bit less keen to be touched
Pity Snakefinger is dead hihi
Madrayken
New Rene is quite unresponsive, with outbreaks of over-responsive. I'm looking at the manual and can't see what the little knob marked '9' does! Any clues if that is sensitivity setting or something?
Madrayken
Double post!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11