MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rene touch plate sensitivity
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author Rene touch plate sensitivity
R.U.Nuts
So since about a week I have a Rene, too and was immediately disappointed about how unresponsive the touchplates are to my skin. I have really dry skin. I was on the edge of returning it to the shop but I found out a nice lifehack that made my Rene super responsive, so I thought I'll share it here:
Instead of licking your fingers, pick your nose! Not joking: The nose is probably the bodypart with the greasiest skin. If you pick your nose with your fingers, you'll grease them which works way more reliable an sustaining than licking your fingers. I pick my nose once before I start playing my modular and I have no problems with touchplate responsiveness for hours.
zobbo
R.U.Nuts wrote:
So since about a week I have a Rene, too and was immediately disappointed about how unresponsive the touchplates are to my skin. I have really dry skin. I was on the edge of returning it to the shop but I found out a nice lifehack that made my Rene super responsive, so I thought I'll share it here:
Instead of licking your fingers, pick your nose! Not joking: The nose is probably the bodypart with the greasiest skin. If you pick your nose with your fingers, you'll grease them which works way more reliable an sustaining than licking your fingers. I pick my nose once before I start playing my modular and I have no problems with touchplate responsiveness for hours.

This is an excellent idea and really makes your performance surface fully in tune with your body. Personally I tend to smear my Rene with my own faeces or if stuck for time will urinate over the appropriate pads to "become as one".

The only downside I've seen is reductions in my gear's resale value and dysentery.
R.U.Nuts
zobbo wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:

This is an excellent idea and really makes your performance surface fully in tune with your body. Personally I tend to smear my Rene with my own faeces or if stuck for time will urinate over the appropriate pads to "become as one".

The only downside I've seen is reductions in my gear's resale value and dysentery.

I said touch yer nose not your butt Dead Banana
Maybe I'm a little lost in translation since I'm not a native English speaker but I didn't mean you should stick your fingers up your nose. Just touch it. That's it.
zobbo
R.U.Nuts wrote:
zobbo wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:

Maybe I'm a little lost in translation since I'm not a native English speaker but I didn't mean you should stick your fingers up your nose. Just touch it. That's it.

No offense meant ... just some light hearted New Year jests smile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nose-picking ... Nose Picking normally means removing the mucus/snot from your nose.

I use hand gel by the way for my Rene when required. Cleaner and makes your hands smell fresh and feel smooth!
R.U.Nuts
zobbo wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:
zobbo wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nose-picking ... Nose Picking normally means removing the mucus/snot from your nose.

I use hand gel by the way for my Rene when required. Cleaner and makes your hands smell fresh and feel smooth!

Damn Dead Banana I guess I should have done my english lessons better before posting. So to clarify for all: don't put snot on your Rene! It's sufficient to touch the outside of your nose hihi
ElCampesino
^^^
applause applause applause applause
hihi hihi hihi
ElCampesino
My guess is that any bodily secretion will do the trick. Some will stick to your fingers a bit better than others though.

hihi
HowMuchYaBench
For anyone who's actually having problems with the the touch sensitivity of their MN modules, I'd definitely recommend hitting up their tech support and sending them back.

Fixed my René right up and now it's a different module, which I actually enjoy using instead of wondering if it's going to register my touches.
bamusser
I've been having issues with a gossy faceplate version of PP. I've got a newer matte rev and an older one.
The glossy PP takes a tremendous amount of contact to engage, with the trimmer at various positions...with clean, dry, wet, dirty fingers.

The matte, perfect.

Stoked to read so much success on fixes here, gonna try cleaning, washer removal as my case [pghmod structure] shouldn't be the issue. (right?)
If all fails, I'll be reaching out to MN.

Thanks to all for good info sharing!
ElCampesino
We're cooking up an alternative front plate with buttons for Rene. Check this thread if you're interested:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2515388#2515388
ElCampesino
This morning I fired up a prototype panel with buttons on my René. It worked perfectly. Anyone who is interested, please find more information on my website: http://www.elcampesino.nl/rene-button-panel/

We hope to gather pledges from as many people as possible so we can make it worthwhile to do an order of PCB's. So if you know other people who might want one: spread the word!
zobbo
ElCampesino wrote:
This morning I fired up a prototype panel with buttons on my René. It worked perfectly. Anyone who is interested, please find more information on my website: http://www.elcampesino.nl/rene-button-panel/

We hope to gather pledges from as many people as possible so we can make it worthwhile to do an order of PCB's. So if you know other people who might want one: spread the word!

Definitely interested - mailed you on the site. Replying here to bump the thread to other interested parties.
khyber
Cool idea, I have always had issues with my Rene due to sensitivity. It would be nice to see a more innovative panel design, however. The text looks very small, an improvement over the legibility of the stock Rene, but much left to be desired in my opinion.
Hththt
So i wanted to get a rene or PP but this isnt too good to read.

Does all this means my idea of a mini skiff with rene or PP running from a power bank (battery) is condemned to fail??? (Grounding)
Sleipnir
Hththt wrote:
Does all this means my idea of a mini skiff with rene or PP running from a power bank (battery) is condemned to fail??? (Grounding)

Rene and PP use different methods to sense touch.
PP will prob be fine.
ElCampesino
Hththt wrote:

Your mileage may vary. Some people have no problems whatsoever. But for those who do, we have made a panel for Rene with buttons. Still have a few available. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers, Rob
khyber
For what it's worth, I contacted Make Noise a few months ago and they confirmed that my Rene was from an early batch that didn't have great touchpad sensitivity. I sent the unit it and they worked some magic, suddenly my Rene is super responsive and I couldn't be happier.

Only took me 4 years of ownership to finally be able to use it to a satisfactory degree! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
tnktni
Interesting to hear, I wonder what they modded to change its responsiveness?
worra
R.U.Nuts wrote:
zobbo wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:
zobbo wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:

Damn Dead Banana I guess I should have done my english lessons better before posting. So to clarify for all: don't put snot on your Rene! It's sufficient to touch the outside of your nose hihi

This is the best thing in this thread lol
dave999z
I have read through this thread and searched but haven’t seen... Has anyone found a power strip (with surge protector) that Rene seems to work well with?

I know for many the issue is their Euro power supply, but that’s not the problem I have. I think for me it’s my power strip, because it seems to work somewhat better when I bypass the strip and plug my power supply straight into the wall. That said, I don’t want to plug my Euro straight into the wall and trust thousands of dollars in modules to Dominion Power. So I’d like a power strip surge protector that has a good ground that plays well with Rene.
Dogma
ElCampesino wrote:
Hththt wrote:

Your mileage may vary. Some people have no problems whatsoever. But for those who do, we have made a panel for Rene with buttons. Still have a few available. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers, Rob

even though we have a mkii on its way i know so many people who want to do this and ive tried contacting you guys but with no response....
is this still available??
Oldstench
One thing I sometimes do if I get hit with the ol' non-responsive blues is to take a cable, plug it into an unused mult jack and touch the tip to the touchplate. Activates 100% of the time.
ElCampesino
Dogma wrote:
ElCampesino wrote:
Hththt wrote:

Cheers, Rob

even though we have a mkii on its way i know so many people who want to do this and ive tried contacting you guys but with no response....
is this still available??

Hey James, sorry about being unreachable. Hadn't logged on to Muffs for a while. I've replied to your PM. Still a few available.
gliese
Glad to know it wasn't just me..
boundsound
tnktni wrote:
Interesting to hear, I wonder what they modded to change its responsiveness?

In my case, i've sent my René to Schneider and Igor changed a few resistors. After the mod my rené responds way better, so it's worth a try if it's still the case. (I'm using a LC9 from Doepfer)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 11 of 12