MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet News-- Bargains and Filter Sale
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Blacet News-- Bargains and Filter Sale
J.w.M.
I just noticed this over at Matrixsynth-- I figured I'd put a link up here.

Blacet's new Bargain Basement page.
http://www.blacet.com/bargains.html

Blacet's amazing deal on the Dual Filter:
http://www.blacet.com/news.html
Kwote
yeah i got the email from blacet mailing list. you're not on there J?

anyways i doubt i have any real need for the filter but i read that in extreme feedback it can be used as a clock source and since it's the same as a filthy filtre(without cv) that means i can use my filthy as a clocksource i'm betting. gonna trip out on that tonight.

jeah.
Muff Wiggler
when the two filters are used with one input (which automatically happens if you don't plug something into the second input, thanks to the normalling connections), the 'phase uncertaintly' circuit kicks in between the two filters, and offers some really interesting sounds.

at this price, it's amazing to me that people don't want to pick these up, at least as a DIY starter lesson. It's a great sounding and unique filter - I was totally happy to buy two of them
J.w.M.
Yeah-- I'm on the list but it's sent to one of my junk mail accounts. I need to go about changing that (I only check said account about once per two weeks).

The filter looks pretty good... Any thoughts on using it as a conventional filter in spite of its non-CV limitation? Basically, if I want to add another VCO-VCF-EG-VCA to my setup for cheeeep, would this filter be suitable at all? I'm inclined to think that it would work out okay, since I have the very-versatile Filthy Filtre already for more complex tasks...
consumed
having a spare filter or two around, even without CV, can be really useful.
if it selfoscillates. you've got a modulation source. or maybe you've got a patch that you need to filter some low end off of, before it hits the main filter. ive got an fm patch like that now, and im totally blowing a perfectly good filter just to get rid of the super lowend artifacts (below 150 or so). the dual manual would be perfect for that.

in fact, i think ill pick one up myself. cant beat $69.
Kwote
i think i want one too after effin around with that clock patch just now. and fed directly into the vca at full self oscillation... woah.

i didn't even think of what you mentioned muff. nother good point.

i just dropped a nice chunk into diy stuff but if these duals are still around by early may i'll grab one for sure.
Kwote
oh fuck it. i just got one lol

i worked somethin out 8)
Muff Wiggler
J.w.M. wrote:
The filter looks pretty good... Any thoughts on using it as a conventional filter in spite of its non-CV limitation? Basically, if I want to add another VCO-VCF-EG-VCA to my setup for cheeeep, would this filter be suitable at all? I'm inclined to think that it would work out okay, since I have the very-versatile Filthy Filtre already for more complex tasks...

yep, it's good stuff, just like what consumed was saying

another way to look at is is two sine LFOs for $70. or like Kwote was saying, clocks. There's loads of good things you can do with 'em
J.w.M.
I'm tempted... Very tempted. The only thing holding me back is a lack of a Frac Rack and PSU connector. Oh, that and a lack of funds. Donations accepted!!
Kwote
J.w.M. wrote:
I'm tempted... Very tempted. The only thing holding me back is a lack of a Frac Rack and PSU connector. Oh, that and a lack of funds. Donations accepted!!

lol

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1