MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

novation bass station ii
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author novation bass station ii
bartleby
bass station ii:

Quote:
Bass Station II is an analogue mono-synth based on the classic original Bass Station but re-worked for the 21st century. It has two filters, two oscillators plus a third sub-oscillator, patch save and a fully analogue effects section. Add a step sequencer, arpeggiator, full sized keys and a powerful modulation section and you have the makings of a synth that is built for bass, but capable of so much more.

a new mono synth with an integrated step sequencer. will it be the new 101? discuss.

bartleby
let's hope it has cv/gate and analog clock i/o.
whitewulfe
It looks interesting, but surprised there's no actual audio demos of it released when the site went live... Price could be interesting, although my main curiosity is how the keys feel..
bartleby
bartleby wrote:

hm, nothing about cv/gate in the specs:

Quote:
Inputs and Outputs
•USB MIDI (for connecting & powering Bass Station II via host computer)
•Mono outputs on 1/4" TRS jack
•Headphone output on 1/4" TRS jack
•External input on 1/4" TRS jack
•Sustain pedal input on 1/4" TRS jack
•MIDI IN / MIDI OUT ports on 5 pin din
•AC power input
•Switch between power off / AC powered / bus powered

an analog mono synth with an integrated arpeggiator/sequencer, but without cv/gate? hmmm.....
radiokoala
bartleby wrote:

Negative, sergeant ... let's move on to another synth lol

Rod Serling Fan Club
Wow, all these great cheap monkey the coming out.
bartleby
radiokoala wrote:
bartleby wrote:

Negative, sergeant ... let's move on to another synth lol

what were they thinking?
lmgrovllum
I've got a few MIDI -> C/V boxes now, so the lack of C/V on it doesn't disturb me. But will they be re-issuing it in rack version too ? I'd snatch that up -
mecanikill
Sad for no c.v. waah
Entrainer
Hmm...
I got nothing but nostalgia. Always a soft spot in my heart for
original and Korg Prophecy, although I own or use neither now.

Kind of like those movies you loved as a kid, but now you are
mature, they don't hold up... but you still love them anyways.
lmgrovllum
mecanikill wrote:
lmgrovllum wrote:
I've got a few MIDI -> C/V boxes now, so the lack of C/V on it doesn't disturb me. But will they be re-issuing it in rack version too ? I'd snatch that up -

I have a rack mount Super Bass Station I would sell if anyone wants it PM me.

PM'ed!
Skaput
no gate/cv output, probably means digitally controlled oscillators. Very similar to Dave Smith Instruments Mopho Keyboard.

It would be interesting to Know if the sequencer/ arpeggiator on the Novation will output Midi notes, because the mopho's does not.
Madrayken
As an owner of a lovely Bass Station 1 and K-Station... and A-Station (yes, it's redundant), I'm really pleased. The original was basically a remodelled Wasp, so to see analog synths of the past being re-issued like this is a joy.

Probably becomes my new midi-controller for the left hand, too (curse you, Korg MS-20 re-vamp, for your silly midi-omissions).
ThecureForSin
I loved the original and used the VST a lot years and years ago. I'm curious to see how this sounds.

Maybe we'll get a Drum Station II as well? It's peanut butter jelly time!
Babaluma
i had the original bass station pre ordered, and got serial number 16 in the end. it was my first analogue, so will always have a special place, but i have no desire for this new incarnation, it looks even more like a cheap plastic toy than the original. where do they get these designers from, and just who are they designing for?
Rod Serling Fan Club
Looks like MFB will be showing a 3 oscillator analog keyboard with lots of ins and outs. Unfortunately. It will be an MFB product.
radiokoala
Babaluma wrote:
i had the original bass station pre ordered, and got serial number 16 in the end. it was my first analogue, so will always have a special place, but i have no desire for this new incarnation, it looks even more like a cheap plastic toy than the original. where do they get these designers from, and just who are they designing for?

A special breed of people who call themselves music producers Rockin' Banana! (I heard they compose dubstep!)
Babaluma
like george martin is a music producer?

lol
pixelmechanic
Babaluma wrote:
it looks even more like a cheap plastic toy than the original

Yep, used to call mine my FisherPriceStation...
ThecureForSin
Babaluma wrote:

I don't think the design looks bad. It's definitely not the best I've seen, but not terrible. I'm assuming the build quality will be the same as the Ultranova which was pretty sturdy.
JILT
This seems far more interesting to me than say the Minibrute. Nice price. Lots of mono analogs coming out. Can't have them all though.
digidennis
I was not a fan of v.1 very boring and poor build quality - IMO
humancertainty
Any MSRP rumors yet?
werock
$499 according to Synthtopia

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/04/08/novation-bass-station-ii- updates-classic-analog-design/#more-48842

Seems a bit overpriced to me, when compared to the Minibrute and MS20.
de_raaf
overpriced?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11