MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

endorphin.es Terminal...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author endorphin.es Terminal...
Kummer
I want to see a video of this! Where is Ben_hex when you need him?!
pantalones
the manual is up. ordered from perfect circuit!
echoplex
a Ben_hex demo would be charming of course..
looking forward to some LPG demos of this hyper
pantalones
echoplex wrote:
a Ben_hex demo would be charming of course..
looking forward to some LPG demos of this hyper

there are some demos of it here:

http://www.lin-log.de/2014/11/review-endorphin-es-terminal/

scroll down
LeFreq
I'll be shooting a demo video this week (for Perfect Circuit Audio). I'll post in here when it's up on Youtube.

I'm excited to check this one out! Rockin' Banana!
pantalones
got mine today. this thing is both amazing and weird. i have not messed with the jumpers and don't plan to yet

- using one airplane as an osc is pretty fantastic as you can modulate slope and get different waveforms
- took me a bit to realize it can be "resonant" through normalled connections. you just turn up the attenuator and level on gate A, as it feeds back from the sum onto itself
- for once in my entire life i actually like using the klee. it goes really well with this, as the ASR stages of the envs work well with bus 1 / 2 / 3 gate outputs.

the one really annoying thing they did is get a little too goofy with the vactrols:
"We supply the Terminal with a certain type of vactrols that vary from one product to another. They may be very slow, slow or
fast as hell. Please consider the batch of the modules at your dealer."

Mine are a little slower than I'd like. The good news is you can put your own in.
pantalones
Hey all, so I want to write a warning about this module and I think endorphin.es needs to address this or it will really damage sales ("consider the batch of modules at your dealer" = who the hell knows). I'm going to ask Brad @ Perfect Circuit for help today, maybe he can help sort this out.

See the quote I put above

My vactrols are so slow that I find the gates basically useless. I could not figure out why I couldn't get LPG bongo when sending it 8ths @ 120bpm. Turns out it's because these vactrols that mine came with have about a 4 second response, which at that point isn't a gate, it's a smoothing operation.

So I get that there's some clever endorphin.es magic to "who knows what you're going to get", but the problem is that unless you personally test this out in the shop before you buy it, you won't know.

If anyone wants super slow vactrols and wants to trade me some ~50ms ones I'll gladly do it, but I am hoping they'll just send me some replacements.
exper
That's kinda insane. Can you imagine asking Shawn at @ AH or the guys @ Control to open every terminal they have to test which one is fast/slow?
Convulser
That's harsh, I was looking at these, but even the possibility of ones that slow kind of kill it for me :(.
pantalones
I made a comparison file to show the difference.

Patch is Furthrrr sawtooth running into gate. First half of each file is sending gates of different lengths and sweeping the CV amount of the gate, second half is sending a trigger/ping to the gate to test the response time / decay.

Makenoise MMG
[s]https://soundcloud.com/senor-pantalones/mmglpg/s-Cz1T6[/s]

This measures around 50ms release

Endorphin.es Terminal
[s]https://soundcloud.com/senor-pantalones/terminallpg/s-eVdbL[/s]

This measures around 4000ms release.
monads
pantalones wrote:
the one really annoying thing they did is get a little too goofy with the vactrols:
"We supply the Terminal with a certain type of vactrols that vary from one product to another. They may be very slow, slow or
fast as hell. Please consider the batch of the modules at your dealer.

hmmm..... Yes, this seems a little wacky. Why do this??? I guess as long as you know 'what' your getting.
Cybananna
Sounds to me it's a way to not have to sort vactrols.

I ordered one though and I'm hoping for the best. seriously, i just don't get it
pantalones
Update: Endorphines was extremely considerate over email and seems dedicated to sorting this issue out for me after Musikmesse. I'll follow up and post when that happens. Great customer service so far...
pantalones
RESOLVED! Endorphines sent me replacements and the unit sounds incredible. It's got just the right amount of slop on the vactrols...a bit looser than the MMG still but punchy enough to use for percussion. Has tons of character.

I'll do another recording soon, just wanted to update the thread that endorphines has amazing customer support and this unit is super fun now.
Dogma
pantalones wrote:
RESOLVED! Endorphines sent me replacements and the unit sounds incredible. It's got just the right amount of slop on the vactrols...a bit looser than the MMG still but punchy enough to use for percussion. Has tons of character.

I'll do another recording soon, just wanted to update the thread that endorphines has amazing customer support and this unit is super fun now.

Isnt one of the selling points of this unit is you can replace the vactorals easily and make your own vactoral "brew" - but that was crazy those examples. Glad they sorted you out!
pantalones
Yes that is one of the selling points (and it's really easy to swap them out)...in my case the vactrols it shipped with were so slow that they were unusable as gates. I'm not sure what someone would want those for, deliberately.
loowfizzz
new manual is online with vactrollo instructions:
http://endorphin.es/assets/endorphin.es_terminal_manual_vactrol_proced ure.pdf
loowfizzz
echoplex
hey curlz 'n' boyzz

how's the reverb on the terminal?
is it just a funny gimmick or a serious reverb unit?
pantalones
I find it to be a gimmick and I don't use it. If someone else does good things with it I'd love to hear, but to me it has never been useful and just sounds like some weird bitcrushed effect.
pugix
Bringing this thread back, because I like the looks of this. I found a nice demo video, below. The expansion has been announced, but I have not seen it yet at the two stores that are selling the Terminal. Anybody have hands on the expansion?

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/endorphin-es-gateway-terminal-expansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bK4IUoUesQ
Phil999
the Lin/Log video tutorial shows a good (and actually rather obvious) way how to use the 'cabin pressure'. Route the EOS of an oscillating airplane (or VCO) to the tap input, and the delay time will slowly follow the clock as you change the frequency.

I missed that part mostly because I thought I better use other fx in the studio, but this simple built-in delay/reverb can serve a lot of purposes, including mix CV input, suited for occasional triggers from a sequencer/divider/random source to switch on an off from time to time.

I also missed the 'relative height' feature which I almost never used so far. Interesting if you have different trigger inputs for Airplane A and B.

Yes indeed there is a lot to discover. When the Gateway expander module arrived last week I started to realise what else can be done with this module. So far I used Terminal as a dual LPG with AD envelope only. Looks like I was lucky and had the right vactrols already, these LPG's produce beautiful percussion plucking sounds. But the oscillator option of the two envelopes (with variable waveshape and CV input, and additional options with Gateway) is a lot of potential I'm going to explore much more this year.
pantalones
The more I use mine the more i love it.

Where did you get the expander module?
Phil999
from House of Sound. Many stores have Gateway in stock.

Question: does your Terminal respond to bus gate (with the right jumper setting)?
pantalones
I haven't wired up any bus stuff yet since I move things around so much...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 6 of 7