MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

endorphin.es Terminal...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author endorphin.es Terminal...
lag progress
ok here you go

Hainbach
lag progress wrote:
Herr Schneider himself talks about it
between 3:40 - 4:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8vhGHxZN8k0

to me it looks like a dual Function/LPG - output Module.
i don´t see a analog delay or reverb.

Ha, can you spot the wigglers in this video?

I just had a very brief run-in with the Terminal and talked with the Endorphin guys a bit. As with the Furzzzer, its beautifully designed (so I guess some of you will want replacement panels) and has psychedelic vibe to it. There are vactrols inside and its got take off and landing knobs.

Here is a slightly blurry closer pic:

exper
Oy. I have no idea what any knob or section represents. I hope those labels change for the production models. And people say make noise modules are difficult to understand.
amnesia
Uspide down KRK's are still KRK
hanerlend
exper I kind of like the nonsensical names. Figuring out what it does will be part of the ride! smile

-han
Paranormal Patroler
Hainbach wrote:
so I guess some of you will want replacement panels

I'm willing to bet that exper will be among those who do hihi
Rayek
exper wrote:
Oy. I have no idea what any knob or section represents. I hope those labels change for the production models. And people say make noise modules are difficult to understand.

This.

Cute panel graphics = cool. Indecipherable text... not so cool.

People really should be able to just look at it and tell what it does.
exper
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Hainbach wrote:

Not so much. I don't care for the willful obscurity TBH. And if in the end it is simply a couple of function generators and a couple of LPGs with simple mixing, well, I've got that covered.

IDK. I'll have a chance to try out a Furthurrrr Generator (is that enough Rs?) next weekend at the Philly Wiggler Meet, so who knows. I could change my mind about the aesthetics and fall in love. 0
stk
Looks interesting.

Nice of them to name it after my band Rockin' Banana!
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
Hainbach wrote:

Not so much. I don't care for the willful obscurity TBH. And if in the end it is simply a couple of function generators and a couple of LPGs with simple mixing, well, I've got that covered.

IDK. I'll have a chance to try out a Furthurrrr Generator (is that enough Rs?) next weekend at the Philly Wiggler Meet, so who knows. I could change my mind about the aesthetics and fall in love. 0

Ha! To be honest I didn't even consider you'd have to get one to actually want a replacement panel. You always seem to swing towards the plain, simple yet beautiful panels so I imagined the yellow messy indecipherable wouldn't be your cup of tea. At least I know it's not my cup of tea for sure.
exper
Haha. Yes I guess I'm leaning towards a little more uniformity. But it's because when I look at my system, at this point being pretty much happy with everything I have, I like it to look like an unified instrument. A large canvas to create with. No need for crazy distracting colors or panels. I admit, while I'm thrilled with euro, i do get a bit envious of Buchla systems that just look so perfect with one design convention.

As long as companies keep things individual yet minimal, I'm all for it. I can't wait for my PEG alternate panel to show up! PEG looks like a Kindergarten Rorschach test!

And if I ever consider these endorphin.es modules, you can bet I'll be calling on sempervirant and his excellent Grayscale panels for relief! Next to those Medic modules (the early blood splattered ones) these are the worst looking panels I've seen. I think it's the bronze color. Why? At least someone like Addac provides an entire system in their red tone, so that it looks complete, and they are good enough to offer optional silver panels as well. Really wish more manufacturers would do so as well. I don't want my system looking like a Mondrian painting!
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
Next to those Medic modules (the early blood splattered ones) these are the worst looking panels I've seen.

Oh yeah, I remember me being the first to bitch about those. hihi oops
What happened with that module? I should check it out.

As for panel consistency I'm all with you but then I do like that designers get to do whatever they want. I usually don't like the result. Wish I was as skilled as sempervirant so that I could design and make my own panels. That would kick ass. Actually, being inspired by Ciat-Lonbarde stuff I was considering starting making my own panels; from wood. I'm good with wood and it would make one interesting modular system. I might do it still!
exper
It seems like the medic module was redesigned. There's a new thread on it. Much better.

Wood panels would be pretty cool. If nothing else, you could say it makes your LPGs sound more, well, wooden. w00t
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
It seems like the medic module was redesigned. There's a new thread on it. Much better.

Wood panels would be pretty cool. If nothing else, you could say it makes your LPGs sound more, well, wooden. w00t

Ha! Good one. I'm not sure if I can pull it off really but I'm positive can be done with a little patience. One panel at a time. I'll start with some DIY stuff I have planned and go from there. Who knows we might all end up with wooden modular systems and then we won't need LPG anymore. Endorhin.es beware!!! applause
Rayek
exper wrote:
Not so much. I don't care for the willful obscurity TBH.

I think this is what bothers me the most. I personally think it's fine that manufacturers like to 'spice their modules up', but when it gets to the point where nobody knows what's going on, that's where I have a problem with it. I keep thinking about how useful/"fun" the Vulcan/Dalek are but how I never want to use them because I don't know specifically what they're doing, and that, I think, is silly.

The Furthurrr looks well laid out and "named" compared to this. The FG's function names (as with almost every other aspect of it) pretty well mirrors that of the Buchla 259, so it's not hard to figure out what it does, especially if you've spent time with a Buchla 200.

And "Symmetry" and "order" are easier to figure out than "Altitude" and "cabin pressure"... I think some people mistake the idea that consumers will buy a module simply because it's 'unique', not because of what it can do...
Paranormal Patroler
Rayek wrote:
I think some people mistake the idea that consumers will buy a module simply because it's 'unique', not because of what it can do...

You should keep in mind though that there are some of us who actually prefer tweaking knobs that are labelled "Altitude". So maybe the manufacturers are aiming at a different market group. I mean, Tom actually thought a blood splattered panel was a great idea! And some wigglers agreed.
Rayek

You should keep in mind though that there are some of us who actually prefer tweaking knobs that are labelled "Altitude". So maybe the manufacturers are aiming at a different market group. I mean, Tom actually thought a blood splattered panel was a great idea! And some wigglers agreed.

Good point.

Still, I know a few people who didn't get into Euro simply because of the amount of 'willful obscurity' that happens in this format. Personally, I think it's a bit too extreme to write off a whole format because a few manufacturers like to make their panels confusing, but I see where they're coming from. I want interesting functions in my modular, but I want to understand them as much as possible, so I can get desired effects from patching. Spending a few Gs on a big sheet of random panels with anonymous holes and knobs on it, sitting down with it and not knowing what you're doing? Bah to that. Dead Banana

This module may be totally awesome and give me exactly what I need, but I will never buy it because of that.
Matos
Well, if your going to choose the hardest, most obscure way of making music in the first place, I can't see a bit of cleverness on the panel hindering that. The magic of modulars is that it's best features can't be labeled. All it is is either in or out. It's up to you to decide what a jack will do. Sometimes I feel the whimsical the labeling the better. Because analogue is never black or white, just endless worlds inbetween. SlayerBadger!
Paranormal Patroler
Matos wrote:
Because analogue is never black or white, just endless worlds inbetween. SlayerBadger!

So what about all them digital modules then?
Matos
Matos wrote:
Because analogue is never black or white, just endless worlds inbetween. SlayerBadger!

Those things just have cooties. Didn't your momma teach you not to play around with those filthy things?
exper
Its cool. I got a cootie shot! I'm fine with digital. SlayerBadger!
SunSpots
exper wrote:

applause
Paranormal Patroler
Matos wrote:
Matos wrote:

Those things just have cooties. Didn't your momma teach you not to play around with those filthy things?

Momma said daddy was no good, but daddy was into modular back when we was just babies.
Matos
exper wrote:

Circle-circle-dot-dot now I have my digital shot! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
DonKartofflo
I don't think anybody is trying to make anything obscure. The problems Endorphin.es have faced in the past are not selfmade!
They try to get their stuff out as fast as possible now.
OTOH i understand you guys. It was the same for me with the DPO and part of the reason I decided against it. But please keep in mind, they do not do this on purpose.

The labels aren't so cryptic once you start thinking about them. For example, the knobs on the outside, are labelled with a rising plane and a landing one.
Equals Rise and fall. Trip selector selects between roundtrip (cycling) and single flight. Check in is input. To the gates is LPG input. and so on.

The Panels, like I said before, are not actually yellow. I have no idea why they look like this on the photo. It is a tame brass, which doesn't bother imho.

cheers
Don
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 2 of 7