MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

endorphin.es Terminal...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author endorphin.es Terminal...
exper
DonKartofflo wrote:
I don't think anybody is trying to make anything obscure. The problems Endorphin.es have faced in the past are not selfmade!
They try to get their stuff out as fast as possible now.
OTOH i understand you guys. It was the same for me with the DPO and part of the reason I decided against it. But please keep in mind, they do not do this on purpose.

The labels aren't so cryptic once you start thinking about them. For example, the knobs on the outside, are labelled with a rising plane and a landing one.
Equals Rise and fall. Trip selector selects between roundtrip (cycling) and single flight. Check in is input. To the gates is LPG input. and so on.

IDK. At least the FG has normal labels with the exception of calling folding - further. But I don't agree with you about the DPO. Tony made a couple of samples and everyone got really excited. I don't recall him saying it would be the end all be all of an oscillator, and having people 'in the know' releasing endless demos of an unnamed module and comparing it as better than other alternatives. So to me, those s issues were kind of self made. Even just recently someone hinted to 'not buy any LPG' because obviously they knew this was coming. That's great, I'm glad there's more options, but it doesn't negate every other brand out there. Especially when we don't know details. Endorphines said there will be a new module announced at Messe, and so all we get are third party photos.
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
IDK. At least the FG has normal labels with the exception of calling folding - further. But I don't agree with you about the DPO. Tony made a couple of samples and everyone got really excited. I don't recall him saying it would be the end all be all of an oscillator, and having people 'in the know' releasing endless demos of an unnamed module and comparing it as better than other alternatives. So to me, those s issues were kind of self made. Even just recently someone hinted to 'not buy any LPG' because obviously they knew this was coming. That's great, I'm glad there's more options, but it doesn't negate every other brand out there. Especially when we don't know details. Endorphines said there will be a new module announced at Messe, and so all we get are third party photos.

Well there is Tony's Mystery Module thing going on. I've said it before and I'll say it again, as their numbers become larger and larger manufacturers will unintentionally start using marketing strategies like this one to attract attention. I'm positive no one has any bad motives, hence the epithet, but you can clearly see that announcing early and making a hype of upcoming modules is becoming more and more a common ground. We being excited customers certainly have our share of blame, but I remember a certain manufacturer who only hinted that a line of his modules would be a limited run and avoided being more specific about it. That's the way it goes.
exper
Well, for the record I much prefer the way intellijel handles things. Full info, PRICE, and availability (usually 3 weeks). You can't count metropolis, since he decided to make it known once people starters asking about a ryk185 in euro. But mostly now he just drops 'em when they're ready. I appreciate that immensely.

Even tony has seen the error of 'leaks' now, as the announcements for MMG and Function were very much a surprise.
Paranormal Patroler
Yeah, you're right.
Endorphin.es
Dear wigglers,

happy International Day of Human Space Flight!

We are glad to announce you Terminal operated by Endorphin.es eurorack module:

• 24 HP/TE width, up to 1" in depth;
• dual voltage controlled cycle/AD/ASR envelope generators with variable slopes of curves, uni- and bi-polar outputs and peak detector (OR) of both curves;
• dual vactrol controlled Gates with attenuverting CV and audio inputs and extra auxiliary input, allowing connecting external sources or create serial/parallel chain of Gates and therefore obtaining feedback, lo- or hi-pass effects;
• digital stereo spring reverb on-board with voltage controlled dry/wet control;
• final output mixer with mono and stereo outputs for headphones or speakers;
• great companion for the Furthrrrr Generator to create an entire 54 HP 'synth voice'.

The Terminals go into production directly after the Furthrrrr Generators went into full production – Summer '13.
The faceplates will be made in same way as Furthrrrr ones – three colored silkscreen on golden anodized aluminum.
The faceplate of prototype presented at MusikMesse was made with engraved PVC.
Price: TBA soon.

Have a great weekend!
SunSpots
Creative but it don't get where to,plug in anything. Sure I can figure it out. Interested in price smile

Reverb... Lets hear it!
cracki
Looks great. I'm sure that it will work great with the FG.
By the way: when are the FGs going to arrive at Schneiders?
Mitchk1989
54 hp is exactly right for the erthenvar lunchboxes...

I may get into this stuff eventually after all.
exper
@sunspots, I think the delay/reverb thing was wrong. Probably for something else entirely different.

@ endorphines, features sound pretty great. Can you expand on some things? For instance, does the vactrol gate not include low pass functions? From tge wording it sounds like external modules are required for filtering.

I'm going to assume relative a/b height is the OR mixing of the two function generators, but what is o2 level?

What do the phase in use jacks do?

Lastly, the function generators, are they similar to the DUSG/Maths where they can function like slews and such or are they more like the 281e/intellijel Quadra?

Thanks for the info so far.
exper
Mitchk1989 wrote:
54 hp is exactly right for the erthenvar lunchboxes...

I may get into this stuff eventually after all.

Now that's interesting. If I ever consider these, it would be cool as a separate sub system. Add the 1u midi panel and some other well chosen ones and it could be a lot of fun.
hanerlend
People can say what they want, but I for one love your designs! The descriptions makes sense once you know what the module does.

What's the deal with the "eye" on both your modules?

Oh, and is that Mr. Furthrrr himself, the guy in your profile pic / generator module? smile

Mitchk1989 my first though as well! Now, when will Erthenvar start to make golden anodized aluminum 1u tiles?? This is fun!

-han
SunSpots
exper wrote:
@sunspots, I think the delay/reverb thing was wrong. Probably for something else entirely different.

@ endorphines, features sound pretty great. Can you expand on some things? For instance, does the vactrol gate not include low pass functions? From tge wording it sounds like external modules are required for filtering.

I'm going to assume relative a/b height is the OR mixing of the two function generators, but what is o2 level?

What do the phase in use jacks do?

Lastly, the function generators, are they similar to the DUSG/Maths where they can function like slews and such or are they more like the 281e/intellijel Quadra?

Thanks for the info so far.

but what about this?

• 24 HP/TE width, up to 1" in depth;
• dual voltage controlled cycle/AD/ASR envelope generators with variable slopes of curves, uni- and bi-polar outputs and peak detector (OR) of both curves;
• dual vactrol controlled Gates with attenuverting CV and audio inputs and extra auxiliary input, allowing connecting external sources or create serial/parallel chain of Gates and therefore obtaining feedback, lo- or hi-pass effects;

• digital stereo spring reverb on-board with voltage controlled dry/wet control;
• final output mixer with mono and stereo outputs for headphones or speakers;
• great companion for the Furthrrrr Generator to create an entire 54 HP 'synth voice'.
exper
woah... I completely glossed over that. Very interesting indeed.
lorenzovektor
I smell glorious techno
wavehead
i'll try not to add to the whining idiot flutes of the hater old ones drowning out all other sound....

WHY??? any panel but that one!

sorry. looks like a cool module... err it doesn't, but i'm sure it sounds great as the furRrth3r anime oscillator certainly did when i tried it.
SunSpots
by the way, even though I mentioned I didn't understand where to stick the cables - I'm still buying one and figuring it out. It can't be harder than anything else I've done in my life, right? razz

I need a reverb unit... actually before I buy it I really want to hear the reverb
DonKartofflo
Guys, if you absolutely can't handle the brass, ask qu.one or greyscale about a grey and minimal panel.
I have the FG and although I was worried at the beginning, it really fits inside my mostly grey/silver system.

also very curious to hear the Reverb. If that one sounds good, I don't know what I will sell but I will have to get this one

Dead Banana

exper wrote:
Well, for the record I much prefer the way intellijel handles things. Full info, PRICE, and availability (usually 3 weeks). You can't count metropolis, since he decided to make it known once people starters asking about a ryk185 in euro. But mostly now he just drops 'em when they're ready. I appreciate that immensely.

Even tony has seen the error of 'leaks' now, as the announcements for MMG and Function were very much a surprise.

although I disagree about building the hype intentionally since the problems with manufacturing were not intended as was the resulting delay in manufacturing, I am with you on announcement times versus release dates. Intellijel are really the best example, just like modcan recently with the QLFO.
jnlkrt
I was able to spend some time with the Terminal today at Messe and have a little talk about it with Paul from Schneider's. I can't really comment on sound details since the background noise was crazy. The concept is pretty nice and dense and makes up a great voice. There aren't any normalizations (e.g. envelope outputs to LPG inputs etc.) and I think it would definitely increase the playability to add a couple.

They seemed to test different vactrols in the LPGs and the left one had a longer slew which i preferred. The reverb sounded OK to me but it was too loud to really get a good impression.

The envelope shape concept is interesting as they seem to do it by feedback normalization of the env out to the rise and fall CV input jacks, so that you can use the attenuverters on those to change the curve. What I did not understand is how to affect the curve when you actually have external CV plugged into the jacks, breaking the feedback normalization.

The bipolar attenuators for the LPG signal inputs are really handy to create different filters, I miss those on the QMMG all the time. Smart move!

I was told that they are planning to add a touch control module completing 84hp so you basically have a full instrument in one standard row.
exper
Thanks jnlkrt. So, the vactrol gates. Is there filtering there built in or as you mentioned does it require patching in external filters. In other words, is it like an Optomix or like the Positronic Gates module?

Surprised function generators are not normalled to the gates. Did you figure out what the Phase In Use jacks do? Is the reverb the cabin pressure/o2 level?
jnlkrt
exper wrote:
Thanks jnlkrt. So, the vactrol gates. Is there filtering there built in or as you mentioned does it require patching in external filters. In other words, is it like an Optomix or like the Positronic Gates module?

yeah, it's two lowpass gates like the Optomix, but with the aux input and the attenuverters you can actually create hipass, bandpass gates etc..

exper wrote:
Surprised function generators are not normalled to the gates. Did you figure out what the Phase In Use jacks do? Is the reverb the cabin pressure/o2 level?

The "phase in use" are basically EOC and EOR gate outputs. pretty smart labelling in this case, "phase in use" output is logical high as long as the corresponding EG phase is in use.. smile

reverb is cabin pressure, exactly.
jnlkrt
oh and what's really cool is that there are both bipolar and unipolar outputs for the individual EGs as well as the analogue OR of them..

gotta say despite the lack of normalizations (an missing lin/expo fm switch on the furtherrr) this is a very nice concept. i really hope they will be able to pull this whole thing off soon including the touch controller, it's a great addition to the euro format.

personally, i'll stick to the DPO, QMMG, Maths combo as i find them more playable and intuitive, especially in regards to the modulation bus concept on the DPO, way more capable in terms of FM. also don't dig the multi-turn dials on the furtherrr. also i just know the QMMG and Maths inside out, so there really is no reason to aim for anything else covering their functionality.. smile
exper
Ok those are some cool features then. Thanks for the extra details. Certainly makes it much more interesting. Function-wise, it seems really packed. Add some normalization as you mentioned and it could be great. Both of the Endorphines modules in an erthenvar lunchbox with some pressure pads and midi converter connected to an ipad controller would be a lot of fun for sure. Future Easel so to speak.
jnlkrt
exper wrote:
Ok those are some cool features then. Thanks for the extra details. Certainly makes it much more interesting. Function-wise, it seems really packed. Add some normalization as you mentioned and it could be great. Both of the Endorphines modules in an erthenvar lunchbox with some pressure pads and midi converter connected to an ipad controller would be a lot of fun for sure. Future Easel so to speak.

you are welcome, and i agree, it certainly is gonna be a nice easel-like instrument.
Monobass
Panel looks great
READYdot
Man, I have so many ugly modules in my system, and you can be sure that those are all those that other people refer to as being beautiful and clear.

I completely love the panel on this one. It's fun, it's self-explanatory and it's soft to the eye.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 3 of 7