MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

endorphin.es Terminal...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author endorphin.es Terminal...
exper
OK, so according to this, it's a combo LPG, Analog Delay and reverb. Deets plz!

Quote:
ALEX4 also spearheads new additions to the ever-expanding Eurorack modular system format by boutique European manufacturers Endorphin.es from Austria -- following up its Furthrrrr Generator dual oscillator module with a prototype of the Terminator analogue delay/low pass gate/reverb --
hanerlend
They mentioned "Terminal operated by endorphin.es" here. Wonder if they are two different modules, or if they just got it messed up in that quote of yours.

So psyched for more Endorphin.es modules, even though I can't afford any of them. w00t

-han
DonKartofflo
it is going to be awesome!
exper
DonKartofflo wrote:

confused So, what is it? If it is announced at Musikmesse, can we know yet?
Summa
burnn_out!
So it is real then. Man, I could really use a module like that. Just wonder when or if it'll hit the states. Seems like the FG was announced forever ago...
lag progress
Are there any Videos. The picture looks like it was taken on the musikmesse.
richard
Hmm, I can think of some other formats that would benefit from such a module too
Paranormal Patroler
According to their website http://endorphin.es/ it's probably named Terminal. As in airport terminal. Interesting to say the least.

ps: it takes Schneiders to make a mess of a module title lol "Terminator"
DonKartofflo
exper wrote:
DonKartofflo wrote:

confused So, what is it? If it is announced at Musikmesse, can we know yet?

I would rather leave the announcing to andreas of endorphin.es, i have sworn to keep quiet about the details. But really, it will be awesome and it will make a whole synth voice when paired with the furthrrr generator.
Paranormal Patroler
Oh come oooooon! twisted
DonKartofflo
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Oh come oooooon! twisted

you are a bad influence on my integrity angry hihi Dead Banana
weinglas
Seen it at Schneider's! Together with the makers. And it is GREAT!!!!!!!!!
Arcade Sinusoid
What a great combo in a module! Hope to see these in the US soon waah
exper
I was hoping we'd actually get more details other than 'its great and awesome'. eek!

How many LPG channels, is the reverb analog, spring or digital. How many hp? Etc.
Arcade Sinusoid
^^^ agreed thumbs up Then ship some over here please hihi
lag progress
weinglas wrote:
Seen it at Schneider's! Together with the makers. And it is GREAT!!!!!!!!!

come on Weinglas. Whats inside. tell us, please eek!
itijik
Interested thumbs up

Summa wrote:

Yo! Why is yur KRKs upside down? hihi
Rayek
I'm just wondering when all this West Coast glory will hit the actual West Coast.... cry
weinglas
Yeah, that is the setup at the Alex4 booth. And i will not tell you any specs. I leave this for the endorphine guys.

But these two modules together make a really nice voice. w00t
And the KRKs can be very loud Dead Banana
lutoslawski
Rayek wrote:
I'm just wondering when all this West Coast glory will hit the actual West Coast.... cry

well, first it´ll must to appear here in East!!!
exper
I thought there was an announcement that the FG was already in some European shops. Is that not the case?
lag progress
Herr Schneider himself talks about it
between 3:40 - 4:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8vhGHxZN8k0

to me it looks like a dual Function/LPG - output Module.
i don´t see a analog delay or reverb.
abendrot
I know but I can't tell. But I tell you this, you will not be disappointed. hihi
exper
I give up. seriously, i just don't get it

How about we don't comment anymore on it until they announce it. This is starting to feel like the endless year long buildup to the FG with no information other than how great 'it' is. It's one thing to build excitement but to willfully make things obscure and only known to just a few people gets taxing after a while.
lag progress
ok here you go

Hainbach
lag progress wrote:
Herr Schneider himself talks about it
between 3:40 - 4:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8vhGHxZN8k0

to me it looks like a dual Function/LPG - output Module.
i don´t see a analog delay or reverb.

Ha, can you spot the wigglers in this video?

I just had a very brief run-in with the Terminal and talked with the Endorphin guys a bit. As with the Furzzzer, its beautifully designed (so I guess some of you will want replacement panels) and has psychedelic vibe to it. There are vactrols inside and its got take off and landing knobs.

Here is a slightly blurry closer pic:

exper
Oy. I have no idea what any knob or section represents. I hope those labels change for the production models. And people say make noise modules are difficult to understand.
amnesia
Uspide down KRK's are still KRK
hanerlend
exper I kind of like the nonsensical names. Figuring out what it does will be part of the ride! smile

-han
Paranormal Patroler
Hainbach wrote:
so I guess some of you will want replacement panels

I'm willing to bet that exper will be among those who do hihi
Rayek
exper wrote:
Oy. I have no idea what any knob or section represents. I hope those labels change for the production models. And people say make noise modules are difficult to understand.

This.

Cute panel graphics = cool. Indecipherable text... not so cool.

People really should be able to just look at it and tell what it does.
exper
Hainbach wrote:

Not so much. I don't care for the willful obscurity TBH. And if in the end it is simply a couple of function generators and a couple of LPGs with simple mixing, well, I've got that covered.

IDK. I'll have a chance to try out a Furthurrrr Generator (is that enough Rs?) next weekend at the Philly Wiggler Meet, so who knows. I could change my mind about the aesthetics and fall in love. 0
stk
Looks interesting.

Nice of them to name it after my band Rockin' Banana!
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
Hainbach wrote:

Not so much. I don't care for the willful obscurity TBH. And if in the end it is simply a couple of function generators and a couple of LPGs with simple mixing, well, I've got that covered.

IDK. I'll have a chance to try out a Furthurrrr Generator (is that enough Rs?) next weekend at the Philly Wiggler Meet, so who knows. I could change my mind about the aesthetics and fall in love. 0

Ha! To be honest I didn't even consider you'd have to get one to actually want a replacement panel. You always seem to swing towards the plain, simple yet beautiful panels so I imagined the yellow messy indecipherable wouldn't be your cup of tea. At least I know it's not my cup of tea for sure.
exper
Haha. Yes I guess I'm leaning towards a little more uniformity. But it's because when I look at my system, at this point being pretty much happy with everything I have, I like it to look like an unified instrument. A large canvas to create with. No need for crazy distracting colors or panels. I admit, while I'm thrilled with euro, i do get a bit envious of Buchla systems that just look so perfect with one design convention.

As long as companies keep things individual yet minimal, I'm all for it. I can't wait for my PEG alternate panel to show up! PEG looks like a Kindergarten Rorschach test!

And if I ever consider these endorphin.es modules, you can bet I'll be calling on sempervirant and his excellent Grayscale panels for relief! Next to those Medic modules (the early blood splattered ones) these are the worst looking panels I've seen. I think it's the bronze color. Why? At least someone like Addac provides an entire system in their red tone, so that it looks complete, and they are good enough to offer optional silver panels as well. Really wish more manufacturers would do so as well. I don't want my system looking like a Mondrian painting!
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
Next to those Medic modules (the early blood splattered ones) these are the worst looking panels I've seen.

Oh yeah, I remember me being the first to bitch about those. hihi oops
What happened with that module? I should check it out.

As for panel consistency I'm all with you but then I do like that designers get to do whatever they want. I usually don't like the result. Wish I was as skilled as sempervirant so that I could design and make my own panels. That would kick ass. Actually, being inspired by Ciat-Lonbarde stuff I was considering starting making my own panels; from wood. I'm good with wood and it would make one interesting modular system. I might do it still!
exper
It seems like the medic module was redesigned. There's a new thread on it. Much better.

Wood panels would be pretty cool. If nothing else, you could say it makes your LPGs sound more, well, wooden. w00t
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
It seems like the medic module was redesigned. There's a new thread on it. Much better.

Wood panels would be pretty cool. If nothing else, you could say it makes your LPGs sound more, well, wooden. w00t

Ha! Good one. I'm not sure if I can pull it off really but I'm positive can be done with a little patience. One panel at a time. I'll start with some DIY stuff I have planned and go from there. Who knows we might all end up with wooden modular systems and then we won't need LPG anymore. Endorhin.es beware!!! applause
Rayek
exper wrote:
Not so much. I don't care for the willful obscurity TBH.

I think this is what bothers me the most. I personally think it's fine that manufacturers like to 'spice their modules up', but when it gets to the point where nobody knows what's going on, that's where I have a problem with it. I keep thinking about how useful/"fun" the Vulcan/Dalek are but how I never want to use them because I don't know specifically what they're doing, and that, I think, is silly.

The Furthurrr looks well laid out and "named" compared to this. The FG's function names (as with almost every other aspect of it) pretty well mirrors that of the Buchla 259, so it's not hard to figure out what it does, especially if you've spent time with a Buchla 200.

And "Symmetry" and "order" are easier to figure out than "Altitude" and "cabin pressure"... I think some people mistake the idea that consumers will buy a module simply because it's 'unique', not because of what it can do...
Paranormal Patroler
Rayek wrote:
I think some people mistake the idea that consumers will buy a module simply because it's 'unique', not because of what it can do...

You should keep in mind though that there are some of us who actually prefer tweaking knobs that are labelled "Altitude". So maybe the manufacturers are aiming at a different market group. I mean, Tom actually thought a blood splattered panel was a great idea! And some wigglers agreed.
Rayek

You should keep in mind though that there are some of us who actually prefer tweaking knobs that are labelled "Altitude". So maybe the manufacturers are aiming at a different market group. I mean, Tom actually thought a blood splattered panel was a great idea! And some wigglers agreed.

Good point.

Still, I know a few people who didn't get into Euro simply because of the amount of 'willful obscurity' that happens in this format. Personally, I think it's a bit too extreme to write off a whole format because a few manufacturers like to make their panels confusing, but I see where they're coming from. I want interesting functions in my modular, but I want to understand them as much as possible, so I can get desired effects from patching. Spending a few Gs on a big sheet of random panels with anonymous holes and knobs on it, sitting down with it and not knowing what you're doing? Bah to that. Dead Banana

This module may be totally awesome and give me exactly what I need, but I will never buy it because of that.
Matos
Well, if your going to choose the hardest, most obscure way of making music in the first place, I can't see a bit of cleverness on the panel hindering that. The magic of modulars is that it's best features can't be labeled. All it is is either in or out. It's up to you to decide what a jack will do. Sometimes I feel the whimsical the labeling the better. Because analogue is never black or white, just endless worlds inbetween. SlayerBadger!
Paranormal Patroler
Matos wrote:
Because analogue is never black or white, just endless worlds inbetween. SlayerBadger!

So what about all them digital modules then?
Matos
Matos wrote:
Because analogue is never black or white, just endless worlds inbetween. SlayerBadger!

Those things just have cooties. Didn't your momma teach you not to play around with those filthy things?
exper
Its cool. I got a cootie shot! I'm fine with digital. SlayerBadger!
SunSpots
exper wrote:

applause
Paranormal Patroler
Matos wrote:
Matos wrote:

Those things just have cooties. Didn't your momma teach you not to play around with those filthy things?

Momma said daddy was no good, but daddy was into modular back when we was just babies.
Matos
exper wrote:

Circle-circle-dot-dot now I have my digital shot! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
DonKartofflo
I don't think anybody is trying to make anything obscure. The problems Endorphin.es have faced in the past are not selfmade!
They try to get their stuff out as fast as possible now.
OTOH i understand you guys. It was the same for me with the DPO and part of the reason I decided against it. But please keep in mind, they do not do this on purpose.

The labels aren't so cryptic once you start thinking about them. For example, the knobs on the outside, are labelled with a rising plane and a landing one.
Equals Rise and fall. Trip selector selects between roundtrip (cycling) and single flight. Check in is input. To the gates is LPG input. and so on.

The Panels, like I said before, are not actually yellow. I have no idea why they look like this on the photo. It is a tame brass, which doesn't bother imho.

cheers
Don
exper
DonKartofflo wrote:
I don't think anybody is trying to make anything obscure. The problems Endorphin.es have faced in the past are not selfmade!
They try to get their stuff out as fast as possible now.
OTOH i understand you guys. It was the same for me with the DPO and part of the reason I decided against it. But please keep in mind, they do not do this on purpose.

The labels aren't so cryptic once you start thinking about them. For example, the knobs on the outside, are labelled with a rising plane and a landing one.
Equals Rise and fall. Trip selector selects between roundtrip (cycling) and single flight. Check in is input. To the gates is LPG input. and so on.

IDK. At least the FG has normal labels with the exception of calling folding - further. But I don't agree with you about the DPO. Tony made a couple of samples and everyone got really excited. I don't recall him saying it would be the end all be all of an oscillator, and having people 'in the know' releasing endless demos of an unnamed module and comparing it as better than other alternatives. So to me, those s issues were kind of self made. Even just recently someone hinted to 'not buy any LPG' because obviously they knew this was coming. That's great, I'm glad there's more options, but it doesn't negate every other brand out there. Especially when we don't know details. Endorphines said there will be a new module announced at Messe, and so all we get are third party photos.
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
IDK. At least the FG has normal labels with the exception of calling folding - further. But I don't agree with you about the DPO. Tony made a couple of samples and everyone got really excited. I don't recall him saying it would be the end all be all of an oscillator, and having people 'in the know' releasing endless demos of an unnamed module and comparing it as better than other alternatives. So to me, those s issues were kind of self made. Even just recently someone hinted to 'not buy any LPG' because obviously they knew this was coming. That's great, I'm glad there's more options, but it doesn't negate every other brand out there. Especially when we don't know details. Endorphines said there will be a new module announced at Messe, and so all we get are third party photos.

Well there is Tony's Mystery Module thing going on. I've said it before and I'll say it again, as their numbers become larger and larger manufacturers will unintentionally start using marketing strategies like this one to attract attention. I'm positive no one has any bad motives, hence the epithet, but you can clearly see that announcing early and making a hype of upcoming modules is becoming more and more a common ground. We being excited customers certainly have our share of blame, but I remember a certain manufacturer who only hinted that a line of his modules would be a limited run and avoided being more specific about it. That's the way it goes.
exper
Well, for the record I much prefer the way intellijel handles things. Full info, PRICE, and availability (usually 3 weeks). You can't count metropolis, since he decided to make it known once people starters asking about a ryk185 in euro. But mostly now he just drops 'em when they're ready. I appreciate that immensely.

Even tony has seen the error of 'leaks' now, as the announcements for MMG and Function were very much a surprise.
Paranormal Patroler
Yeah, you're right.
Endorphin.es
Dear wigglers,

happy International Day of Human Space Flight!

We are glad to announce you Terminal operated by Endorphin.es eurorack module:

• 24 HP/TE width, up to 1" in depth;
• dual voltage controlled cycle/AD/ASR envelope generators with variable slopes of curves, uni- and bi-polar outputs and peak detector (OR) of both curves;
• dual vactrol controlled Gates with attenuverting CV and audio inputs and extra auxiliary input, allowing connecting external sources or create serial/parallel chain of Gates and therefore obtaining feedback, lo- or hi-pass effects;
• digital stereo spring reverb on-board with voltage controlled dry/wet control;
• final output mixer with mono and stereo outputs for headphones or speakers;
• great companion for the Furthrrrr Generator to create an entire 54 HP 'synth voice'.

The Terminals go into production directly after the Furthrrrr Generators went into full production – Summer '13.
The faceplates will be made in same way as Furthrrrr ones – three colored silkscreen on golden anodized aluminum.
The faceplate of prototype presented at MusikMesse was made with engraved PVC.
Price: TBA soon.

Have a great weekend!
SunSpots
Creative but it don't get where to,plug in anything. Sure I can figure it out. Interested in price smile

Reverb... Lets hear it!
cracki
Looks great. I'm sure that it will work great with the FG.
By the way: when are the FGs going to arrive at Schneiders?
Mitchk1989
54 hp is exactly right for the erthenvar lunchboxes...

I may get into this stuff eventually after all.
exper
@sunspots, I think the delay/reverb thing was wrong. Probably for something else entirely different.

@ endorphines, features sound pretty great. Can you expand on some things? For instance, does the vactrol gate not include low pass functions? From tge wording it sounds like external modules are required for filtering.

I'm going to assume relative a/b height is the OR mixing of the two function generators, but what is o2 level?

What do the phase in use jacks do?

Lastly, the function generators, are they similar to the DUSG/Maths where they can function like slews and such or are they more like the 281e/intellijel Quadra?

Thanks for the info so far.
exper
Mitchk1989 wrote:
54 hp is exactly right for the erthenvar lunchboxes...

I may get into this stuff eventually after all.

Now that's interesting. If I ever consider these, it would be cool as a separate sub system. Add the 1u midi panel and some other well chosen ones and it could be a lot of fun.
hanerlend
People can say what they want, but I for one love your designs! The descriptions makes sense once you know what the module does.

What's the deal with the "eye" on both your modules?

Oh, and is that Mr. Furthrrr himself, the guy in your profile pic / generator module? smile

Mitchk1989 my first though as well! Now, when will Erthenvar start to make golden anodized aluminum 1u tiles?? This is fun!

-han
SunSpots
exper wrote:
@sunspots, I think the delay/reverb thing was wrong. Probably for something else entirely different.

@ endorphines, features sound pretty great. Can you expand on some things? For instance, does the vactrol gate not include low pass functions? From tge wording it sounds like external modules are required for filtering.

I'm going to assume relative a/b height is the OR mixing of the two function generators, but what is o2 level?

What do the phase in use jacks do?

Lastly, the function generators, are they similar to the DUSG/Maths where they can function like slews and such or are they more like the 281e/intellijel Quadra?

Thanks for the info so far.

but what about this?

• 24 HP/TE width, up to 1" in depth;
• dual voltage controlled cycle/AD/ASR envelope generators with variable slopes of curves, uni- and bi-polar outputs and peak detector (OR) of both curves;
• dual vactrol controlled Gates with attenuverting CV and audio inputs and extra auxiliary input, allowing connecting external sources or create serial/parallel chain of Gates and therefore obtaining feedback, lo- or hi-pass effects;

• digital stereo spring reverb on-board with voltage controlled dry/wet control;
• final output mixer with mono and stereo outputs for headphones or speakers;
• great companion for the Furthrrrr Generator to create an entire 54 HP 'synth voice'.
exper
woah... I completely glossed over that. Very interesting indeed.
lorenzovektor
I smell glorious techno
wavehead
i'll try not to add to the whining idiot flutes of the hater old ones drowning out all other sound....

WHY??? any panel but that one!

sorry. looks like a cool module... err it doesn't, but i'm sure it sounds great as the furRrth3r anime oscillator certainly did when i tried it.
SunSpots
by the way, even though I mentioned I didn't understand where to stick the cables - I'm still buying one and figuring it out. It can't be harder than anything else I've done in my life, right? razz

I need a reverb unit... actually before I buy it I really want to hear the reverb
DonKartofflo
Guys, if you absolutely can't handle the brass, ask qu.one or greyscale about a grey and minimal panel.
I have the FG and although I was worried at the beginning, it really fits inside my mostly grey/silver system.

also very curious to hear the Reverb. If that one sounds good, I don't know what I will sell but I will have to get this one

Dead Banana

exper wrote:
Well, for the record I much prefer the way intellijel handles things. Full info, PRICE, and availability (usually 3 weeks). You can't count metropolis, since he decided to make it known once people starters asking about a ryk185 in euro. But mostly now he just drops 'em when they're ready. I appreciate that immensely.

Even tony has seen the error of 'leaks' now, as the announcements for MMG and Function were very much a surprise.

although I disagree about building the hype intentionally since the problems with manufacturing were not intended as was the resulting delay in manufacturing, I am with you on announcement times versus release dates. Intellijel are really the best example, just like modcan recently with the QLFO.
jnlkrt
I was able to spend some time with the Terminal today at Messe and have a little talk about it with Paul from Schneider's. I can't really comment on sound details since the background noise was crazy. The concept is pretty nice and dense and makes up a great voice. There aren't any normalizations (e.g. envelope outputs to LPG inputs etc.) and I think it would definitely increase the playability to add a couple.

They seemed to test different vactrols in the LPGs and the left one had a longer slew which i preferred. The reverb sounded OK to me but it was too loud to really get a good impression.

The envelope shape concept is interesting as they seem to do it by feedback normalization of the env out to the rise and fall CV input jacks, so that you can use the attenuverters on those to change the curve. What I did not understand is how to affect the curve when you actually have external CV plugged into the jacks, breaking the feedback normalization.

The bipolar attenuators for the LPG signal inputs are really handy to create different filters, I miss those on the QMMG all the time. Smart move!

I was told that they are planning to add a touch control module completing 84hp so you basically have a full instrument in one standard row.
exper
Thanks jnlkrt. So, the vactrol gates. Is there filtering there built in or as you mentioned does it require patching in external filters. In other words, is it like an Optomix or like the Positronic Gates module?

Surprised function generators are not normalled to the gates. Did you figure out what the Phase In Use jacks do? Is the reverb the cabin pressure/o2 level?
jnlkrt
exper wrote:
Thanks jnlkrt. So, the vactrol gates. Is there filtering there built in or as you mentioned does it require patching in external filters. In other words, is it like an Optomix or like the Positronic Gates module?

yeah, it's two lowpass gates like the Optomix, but with the aux input and the attenuverters you can actually create hipass, bandpass gates etc..

exper wrote:
Surprised function generators are not normalled to the gates. Did you figure out what the Phase In Use jacks do? Is the reverb the cabin pressure/o2 level?

The "phase in use" are basically EOC and EOR gate outputs. pretty smart labelling in this case, "phase in use" output is logical high as long as the corresponding EG phase is in use.. smile

reverb is cabin pressure, exactly.
jnlkrt
oh and what's really cool is that there are both bipolar and unipolar outputs for the individual EGs as well as the analogue OR of them..

gotta say despite the lack of normalizations (an missing lin/expo fm switch on the furtherrr) this is a very nice concept. i really hope they will be able to pull this whole thing off soon including the touch controller, it's a great addition to the euro format.

personally, i'll stick to the DPO, QMMG, Maths combo as i find them more playable and intuitive, especially in regards to the modulation bus concept on the DPO, way more capable in terms of FM. also don't dig the multi-turn dials on the furtherrr. also i just know the QMMG and Maths inside out, so there really is no reason to aim for anything else covering their functionality.. smile
exper
Ok those are some cool features then. Thanks for the extra details. Certainly makes it much more interesting. Function-wise, it seems really packed. Add some normalization as you mentioned and it could be great. Both of the Endorphines modules in an erthenvar lunchbox with some pressure pads and midi converter connected to an ipad controller would be a lot of fun for sure. Future Easel so to speak.
jnlkrt
exper wrote:
Ok those are some cool features then. Thanks for the extra details. Certainly makes it much more interesting. Function-wise, it seems really packed. Add some normalization as you mentioned and it could be great. Both of the Endorphines modules in an erthenvar lunchbox with some pressure pads and midi converter connected to an ipad controller would be a lot of fun for sure. Future Easel so to speak.

you are welcome, and i agree, it certainly is gonna be a nice easel-like instrument.
Monobass
Panel looks great
READYdot
Man, I have so many ugly modules in my system, and you can be sure that those are all those that other people refer to as being beautiful and clear.

I completely love the panel on this one. It's fun, it's self-explanatory and it's soft to the eye.
VC_Wiggular
Awesume addition to eurorack! Love the panels and labeling. Quite creative. thumbs up
hanerlend
any news about this one? thumbs up

-han
Endorphin.es
@ hanerlend:

We're totally on it!
Making some final descicions. Testing some stuff.
Preparing for manufacturing.

So it can only take a few years from now until it's on the market 8_)
modintx
The more I read the more I like / want it w00t
an_onion
Very curious about how the reverb is going to sound on this. Can't wait for some demos.
In only one hour I've made sounds with my Furthrrr Generator which I could only dream about doing with my other "complex" VCOs.. so yes.. I'm veeeery interested in trying this other module from these guys! love
kao:be.
exper wrote:

can anyone answer this one?

really interesting design BTW... the idea of an easel like complete instrument made me excited
rasseru
01010110 wrote:
In only one hour I've made sounds with my Furthrrr Generator which I could only dream about doing with my other "complex" VCOs.. so yes.. I'm veeeery interested in trying this other module from these guys! love

please can you upload some onto soundcloud?

ive got gaseous vapour for a furthrrrrr

i mean please please - ive got my headphones on and im editing some art going to print and its TEDIOUS!
lag progress
did anyone saw the terminal at musikmesse 2014?
CF3
lag progress wrote:

Double Bump!

I was told they were going to be showing an updated version of Terminal @ Musikmesse. Dying to get my hands on this one. Info please.......
lag progress
CF3 wrote:
lag progress wrote:

Double Bump!

I was told they were going to be showing an updated version of Terminal @ Musikmesse. Dying to get my hands on this one. Info please.......

I played with the Prototype last year. Was a lot of fun!
I hope they make the panel a little bigger and put a filtermode in it.
ym2612
screaming goo yo

Any news?
echoplex
lag progress wrote:

Yes, there was a Terminal in one of their racks at the alex booth.
Played around but didn't understand it..seem to be pretty complex
chplsd
So when are we likely to get the chance to own this module?

I have the Furthrrr, I think Terminal should be sat next to it....
ignatius
bump. would love to know more about who what when where as well. smile
same here, what's the haps on the craps?!
Daisuk
I want a quad LPG - I'm guessing no news on this yet, but hey, let's give it a bump anyway. wink
knobbyfischer
Thanks for the Bump, forgot all about this - would love to know
of any new NEWS!
A.S.
i think on their facebook page, endorphin recently hinted at news around the corner, or something. i'm wishfully thinking it'll be available in a month, maybe 2.

have left 24hp open for it.
Milkweg
Well that's one month down. Any more FB news bytes?
echoplex
hmm.. hmmm.....
Endorphin.es
Dear wigglers,

On MusikMesse 2013 we announced our second attempt for the „Terminal operated by Endorphines“ module.

It has been a while since, now we are ready and glad to finally present the all-new fully upgraded Terminal.

Going beyond expectations:

• 24 HP/TE width (final version is stretched to 30 HP/TE – more space for your clumsy fingers – and has the same knobs as our FG), up to 1" in depth (super slim, cabin size & therefore shuttle friendly)
• Dual voltage controlled AD/AR/looping envelope generators with voltage controlled slope shapes: from EXP to LIN to LOG without stretching the time length of a certain slope
• 1 volt per octave control for the envelopes in looping mode (to use the envelopes as band-limited oscillators)
• Dual opto-coupler controlled gates with universal sockets for a quick and simple exchange: one can use the factory supplied opto-couplers, replace them with other ones or even roll their own: slow, fast, ringing – whatever!
• Voltage controlled cabin pressure effect. Add space to the final mix with the proper CV and TAP controls
• Don't forget the stereo – dedicated stereo headphone amplifier output with voltage controlled panning
• Thousands of jumpers and pre-routings you may fall in love with (as well as our upcoming tuning expansion)

The Terminal is a complex module every user can customize to his own needs.
We have created some of the most advanced envelopes ever that work at 12 bit resolution and 48 khz sampling rate, yet capable of working at linear slopes as alias-free 1v/oct VCOs that jump up to 15 kHz. Each of the slopes may be shaped independently either in slope time or in shape form – from expo to lin to log without stretching the duration of the slope.
Wide pre-routing possibilities allow normalled connections to eliminate frequently used connections.
Cabin pressure is a 12 bit 30 kHz sampling rate digital effect that recreates some sort of reverb/echo with a few reflections, the rate of which is controlled with a clock (useful as a tiny effect processor for live performance).

Together with our Furthrrrr Generator module the Terminal creates one full westcoast voice.

Availability: Early 2015
Price will be announced soon.

Thank you for choosing us and never forget:
The Endorphin.es will make you happy!
sixteen
I am very happy to see this, It looks like you guys have done a great job, I can't wait to get my hands on a few...

Simon
Zank Frappa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udE_FujdAAY
Zank Frappa
Finally! This is fun!
Jahbo
Ufff.... any close up images of the new beauty ? hihi
MarilynMonroe
So nice … love
echoplex
Finally.. very pleased with it.. so I cann buy it in 2018 applause
hottlipps
seems like the endorphin.es modules will make for a nice live show synth...
echoplex
I would like to see some images of the final unit
echoplex
not a load of interest in this module, he? confused
exper
echoplex wrote:

I think it's because the announcement was a year ago, and this latest news is still a bit of, well, nothing.

Aside from that, it's nice as a complete little voice for the FG, but if you already have good function generators or reverb, the only thing this brings is new LPGs. Now that could interest me, BUT, The Sputnik quad lpg is to be announced this month, and that has my interest over this by far. I think if Endorphines released these sections as separate modules, then it would be more enticing for some.
CF3
echoplex wrote:

Super interest. My Furthrrrr needs a buddy, but I'm not holding my breath. When I see one for sale here in the US that I can actually buy I'll be all... w00t!! . It's good to see progress is being made, but life's too short for me to be waiting around for modules...I've got laser sounds to make....pew, pew, pew Jedi Combine Overwatch Eel Power FTW!
hottlipps
yeah, it's the eternal delay. it's funny that were here gauging interest and comparing this unreleased module to another unreleased module (sputnik).

I am very interested in seeing how this module is when if finally materializes.

as well as the entire sputnik line.... can wait for demos. and prices...

but they will be different things entirely, what seems cool about the endorphin.es stuff is that those two modules paired might make a great smaller stage performance synth.
Matthias
awesome. looking forward to hear.

not important, but outstanding design as well.
Convulser
I must admit I love the designs of these modules.
echoplex
review with nice explanation and demos here:

http://www.lin-log.de/2014/11/review-endorphin-es-terminal/
MarilynMonroe
Wow, what a nice module! I hope it will be available soon … love
ModusOp
waah
echoplex
as we know endorphin.es ..
and they already have announced the next module before releasing the other very frustrating Mr. Green
Cybananna
I'm looking forward to it too. I love the furthrr generator.
ModusOp
echoplex wrote:
as we know endorphin.es ..
and they already have announced the next module before releasing the other very frustrating Mr. Green

Sad but true. I was kinda hoping that maybe they were going to chime in with a progress report being NAMM time.
scottmoon
From Control 's website http://www.ctrl-mod.com/Endorphin-es-Terminal-p/endorphin.es-terminal. htm

The Terminal is a dual voltage controlled AD/AR/Looping envelope generator module. Its functions include using the terminal as envelopes, LFOs, and even Oscillators, with its unique precision design. The "Airplanes" are transient function generators that generate control voltages after anupcoming trigger/pulse. They each have two phases, Take Off (Rise, or Attack), and Landing (Fall, or Decay) with both unipolar (0V to +8V) as well as bi-polar (-5V to +5V) outputs, (exits), for each envelope. Trigger outputs are sent at the end of each stage, (end of Rise, end of Fall), of the envelope.

Cruise Mode allows the envelope to function with sustain as long as the gate signal is present in the input of an "Airplane." Once the gate signal is removed, the fall function is initiated.

Transient Mode gives a standard envelope with no sustain. As soon as the Rise function has completed, the Fall function is immediately initiated.

Looping Mode retriggers the envelope as soon as its single cycle is over, which allows the envelope to be constantly oscillating. In this setting, the terminal can be used as either an LFO or an oscillator depending on the frequency of the cycling.

The duration of take off, (rise), and Landing, (fall), stages are separately voltage controlled and can be controlled manually with the according knob or via incoming control voltage (theamount of CV is defined by using the knob as an attenuverter). When nothing is pluggedinto CV and key inputs, Take Off and Landing knobs vary the duration time ofcorresponding stage from 1 millisecond to 10 seconds. When no control voltage plug isinserted into appropriate CV IN jack, each attenuverting knob defines bending ofaccording curve of the certain slope: either to exponential shape (knob is in farcounterclockwise position), either to linear (knob is in centered position), either tologarithmic (knob position is far clockwise). Adjusting the linearitydoesn’t change the duration time of the according stage, as it’s usually expected inanalog envelope generators.

The Peak Detector continuously tracks the heights of both Airplanes and outputs the CVof one which is higher at the moment. There is an attenuating knob ‘relative B height’for decreasing the height of Airplane B related to the Airplane A. Triggering bothenvelopes at same time – when Airplane A is in transient and Airplane B in cruise mode– allows to obtain an approximate ADSR-alike envelope output.

In looping mode, both Airplanes work as Voltage Controlled Oscillators with separately controlled take off and Landing slope rates as well as separately controlled shapes of each slope. With the take off and landing knob in the far counterclockwise position, with no additional voltage applied, each stage has a duration of 1 ms or 500 Hz per whole cycle. The keyIn jack handles one volt per octave exponential input to control/modulate the VCO under incoming voltage. The acceptable control voltage range is positive only, from zero up to 6.6 volts– i.e., aproximately six and a half octaves above the current pitch of the cycled envelopes but not higher than 15 kHz.

The Gates or Gateways are opto-coupler-controlled Sallen-Key low-pass filter amplifiers. That means altering the gates offsets will alter both frequency cutoff and amplitude of the signal giving natural musical response, similar to acoustic instruments. Each gate has attenuverting CV inputs and gate A has an attenuverting audio input. In the middle position of the attenuverting knob no signal will pass into the according input. Cranking the knob clockwise will increase the passing of the original signal and turning the knob counterclockwise results in passing the inverted signal. By default each gate alters the cutoff frequency and amplitude that suits best for bongo and other 'pinging' timbres. There is one extra Voltage Controlled Filter mode thatenables full 12db/oct filtering without altering the amplitude of the signal.
Afterwards, both gates sum together to the final output section. There is also a separate output of gate A. Inserting a plug to it will disconnect gate A from the mixer (and no summing happens) so you may feed the output of gate A into other modules or directly into the audio input of Gate B to obtain a steeper cutoff slope. The inputs of each gate are DC-coupled and may be normalled to each other. That means a signal plugged into one Gate may be plugged simultaneously into another one as well. That connection breaks when any other plug (even an unconnected one) is inserted into another Gate's audio input. Passing the same signals to both gates and playing with the input phase and amplitude of gate A using the attenuverter (so the offsets of each gate will result in mixing of a low-passed signal with the pure inverted signal), will cause a high-pass effect.

There is no dedicated control of resonance (emphasis) at the gates but it may beachieved with a additional mixer module or by patching the mono final output (marked with a loudspeaker) into the input of agate, i.e., organizing the feedback loop of thesignal. It is convenient to send feedback into gate A where additional control over input phase and volume is given by the attenuverting knob.

The Final Output section has separate stereo and mono outputs, which share thesame volume knob. At full gain (knob fully clockwise) and center Panning knob the audio signal at the mono output is literally at a standard modular level (roundabout ±5V or 10Vpp). The Monooutput is DC-coupled and has 1kOhm output impedance, as ordinary modular audiooutputs are. It is possible to plug headphones or stereo amplifier system directly into stereo output, marked with the headphone icon. The stereo output is AC-coupled (to prevent possibledamage of your audio system by DC signals) and has got a pretty good level of outputcurrent to drive a wide range of headphones. The output amplitude of the stereo out islower than the ordinary modular level and is close to ordinary line level. Please connectonly stereo headset/amplifiers to the stereo output.

The Cabin pressure is a 12 bit 26 kHz sample rate digital effect that recreates some sort of reverb/echo with a few reflections (taps), the rate of which is controlled with a clock. The main intention of it is to add some air to the final audio output mostly at live performances. Tap tempo allows to create rhythmic delay effects that are also syncronized to the rest of the instruments used. It accepts low frequency trigger signals higher than 0,65 volts, namely BPM clock of the track. When the incoming clock signal is faster, it resembles some sort of chorus effect, and at rates faster than 50-60 Hz, the taps become almost mute in echo tails but may berecognized as a short clicks at attack sounds only. It’s possible to remove the plug fromthe tap clock input jack because it will remain the same speed once it was synconized. Three sequential taps (triggers) are enough to adjust the echo to a new tempo. At themodules' power-up the maximal tempo is set by until new clock will come.

Features

-26 HP width, up to 1" in depth (super slim & therefore skiff friendly).
-Dual voltage controlled AD/AR/looping envelope generators with arbitary voltage controlled slope shapes: from EXP to LIN to LOG without stretching the time length of a certain slope.
-1 volt per octave control over envelopes in the looping mode (to use the envelopes as band-limited oscillators).
-Dual opto-coupler controlled gates with universal sockets for a quick and simple exchange: one can use the factory supplied opto-couplers, replace the m with other ones or even roll your own: slow, fast, ringing – whatever!
-Voltage controlled cabin pressure effect. Add space to the final mix with the proper CVand TAP controls.
-Don't forget the stereo – dedicated stereo headphone output with voltage controlled panning.
euxine
Control is accepting preorders with April 1st ETA. cool Ordered mine, hope this is not a joke... This is fun!
ModusOp
Very cool!! I wish these guys the best... Sadly, I've already got all of this ground covered by now, but who knows... Maybe someday. Guinness ftw!
Convulser
I'm actually very interested in this. A lot of cool stuff in one package! SlayerBadger!
Milanm
Very interested in this. My FG needs a partner in crime
Kummer
Are there any videos of this yet?
Mr Marz
I see some on ebay.
(bites a knuckle)
vaxoid
Its look and sound gorgeous smile Great companion for Furthrrrr! nanners

[/img]
Kummer
I want to see a video of this! Where is Ben_hex when you need him?!
pantalones
the manual is up. ordered from perfect circuit!
echoplex
a Ben_hex demo would be charming of course..
looking forward to some LPG demos of this hyper
pantalones
echoplex wrote:
a Ben_hex demo would be charming of course..
looking forward to some LPG demos of this hyper

there are some demos of it here:

http://www.lin-log.de/2014/11/review-endorphin-es-terminal/

scroll down
LeFreq
I'll be shooting a demo video this week (for Perfect Circuit Audio). I'll post in here when it's up on Youtube.

I'm excited to check this one out! Rockin' Banana!
pantalones
got mine today. this thing is both amazing and weird. i have not messed with the jumpers and don't plan to yet

- using one airplane as an osc is pretty fantastic as you can modulate slope and get different waveforms
- took me a bit to realize it can be "resonant" through normalled connections. you just turn up the attenuator and level on gate A, as it feeds back from the sum onto itself
- for once in my entire life i actually like using the klee. it goes really well with this, as the ASR stages of the envs work well with bus 1 / 2 / 3 gate outputs.

the one really annoying thing they did is get a little too goofy with the vactrols:
"We supply the Terminal with a certain type of vactrols that vary from one product to another. They may be very slow, slow or
fast as hell. Please consider the batch of the modules at your dealer."

Mine are a little slower than I'd like. The good news is you can put your own in.
pantalones
Hey all, so I want to write a warning about this module and I think endorphin.es needs to address this or it will really damage sales ("consider the batch of modules at your dealer" = who the hell knows). I'm going to ask Brad @ Perfect Circuit for help today, maybe he can help sort this out.

See the quote I put above

My vactrols are so slow that I find the gates basically useless. I could not figure out why I couldn't get LPG bongo when sending it 8ths @ 120bpm. Turns out it's because these vactrols that mine came with have about a 4 second response, which at that point isn't a gate, it's a smoothing operation.

So I get that there's some clever endorphin.es magic to "who knows what you're going to get", but the problem is that unless you personally test this out in the shop before you buy it, you won't know.

If anyone wants super slow vactrols and wants to trade me some ~50ms ones I'll gladly do it, but I am hoping they'll just send me some replacements.
exper
That's kinda insane. Can you imagine asking Shawn at @ AH or the guys @ Control to open every terminal they have to test which one is fast/slow?
Convulser
That's harsh, I was looking at these, but even the possibility of ones that slow kind of kill it for me :(.
pantalones
I made a comparison file to show the difference.

Patch is Furthrrr sawtooth running into gate. First half of each file is sending gates of different lengths and sweeping the CV amount of the gate, second half is sending a trigger/ping to the gate to test the response time / decay.

Makenoise MMG
[s]https://soundcloud.com/senor-pantalones/mmglpg/s-Cz1T6[/s]

This measures around 50ms release

Endorphin.es Terminal
[s]https://soundcloud.com/senor-pantalones/terminallpg/s-eVdbL[/s]

This measures around 4000ms release.
monads
pantalones wrote:
the one really annoying thing they did is get a little too goofy with the vactrols:
"We supply the Terminal with a certain type of vactrols that vary from one product to another. They may be very slow, slow or
fast as hell. Please consider the batch of the modules at your dealer.

hmmm..... Yes, this seems a little wacky. Why do this??? I guess as long as you know 'what' your getting.
Cybananna
Sounds to me it's a way to not have to sort vactrols.

I ordered one though and I'm hoping for the best. seriously, i just don't get it
pantalones
Update: Endorphines was extremely considerate over email and seems dedicated to sorting this issue out for me after Musikmesse. I'll follow up and post when that happens. Great customer service so far...
pantalones
RESOLVED! Endorphines sent me replacements and the unit sounds incredible. It's got just the right amount of slop on the vactrols...a bit looser than the MMG still but punchy enough to use for percussion. Has tons of character.

I'll do another recording soon, just wanted to update the thread that endorphines has amazing customer support and this unit is super fun now.
Dogma
pantalones wrote:
RESOLVED! Endorphines sent me replacements and the unit sounds incredible. It's got just the right amount of slop on the vactrols...a bit looser than the MMG still but punchy enough to use for percussion. Has tons of character.

I'll do another recording soon, just wanted to update the thread that endorphines has amazing customer support and this unit is super fun now.

Isnt one of the selling points of this unit is you can replace the vactorals easily and make your own vactoral "brew" - but that was crazy those examples. Glad they sorted you out!
pantalones
Yes that is one of the selling points (and it's really easy to swap them out)...in my case the vactrols it shipped with were so slow that they were unusable as gates. I'm not sure what someone would want those for, deliberately.
loowfizzz
new manual is online with vactrollo instructions:
http://endorphin.es/assets/endorphin.es_terminal_manual_vactrol_proced ure.pdf
loowfizzz
echoplex
hey curlz 'n' boyzz

how's the reverb on the terminal?
is it just a funny gimmick or a serious reverb unit?
pantalones
I find it to be a gimmick and I don't use it. If someone else does good things with it I'd love to hear, but to me it has never been useful and just sounds like some weird bitcrushed effect.
pugix
Bringing this thread back, because I like the looks of this. I found a nice demo video, below. The expansion has been announced, but I have not seen it yet at the two stores that are selling the Terminal. Anybody have hands on the expansion?

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/endorphin-es-gateway-terminal-expansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bK4IUoUesQ
Phil999
the Lin/Log video tutorial shows a good (and actually rather obvious) way how to use the 'cabin pressure'. Route the EOS of an oscillating airplane (or VCO) to the tap input, and the delay time will slowly follow the clock as you change the frequency.

I missed that part mostly because I thought I better use other fx in the studio, but this simple built-in delay/reverb can serve a lot of purposes, including mix CV input, suited for occasional triggers from a sequencer/divider/random source to switch on an off from time to time.

I also missed the 'relative height' feature which I almost never used so far. Interesting if you have different trigger inputs for Airplane A and B.

Yes indeed there is a lot to discover. When the Gateway expander module arrived last week I started to realise what else can be done with this module. So far I used Terminal as a dual LPG with AD envelope only. Looks like I was lucky and had the right vactrols already, these LPG's produce beautiful percussion plucking sounds. But the oscillator option of the two envelopes (with variable waveshape and CV input, and additional options with Gateway) is a lot of potential I'm going to explore much more this year.
pantalones
The more I use mine the more i love it.

Where did you get the expander module?
Phil999
from House of Sound. Many stores have Gateway in stock.

Question: does your Terminal respond to bus gate (with the right jumper setting)?
pantalones
I haven't wired up any bus stuff yet since I move things around so much...
pantalones
Got it from Perfect Circuit. Excited to see how this one works out.

Ok, one question for you folks: Is there a way to open up the filter cutoff on the LPGs? Perhaps I am doing something wrong but even fully open it's still cutting out frequencies in the upper end.
pantalones
Following up on my last post. I have the escalator on terminal A turned up fully and the cv in turned fully, but the signal is still filtered. Any ideas?
m03hr3
Can you state more precisely what you have patched and how the Gates are configured?
sauce
Just got mine and it seems like my vactrols are ringing for like 10 seconds, it's insane. Either or that or the reverb is broken and I can't turn it off. The 02 knob doesn't seem to have much effect on sound on mine.
sauce
sauce wrote:
Just got mine and it seems like my vactrols are ringing for like 10 seconds, it's insane. Either or that or the reverb is broken and I can't turn it off. The 02 knob doesn't seem to have much effect on sound on mine.

Update, I emailed Endorpin.es about, it and they sent me different vactrols with less ring that work great, bongo sounds totally possible now.
Chartreuse-J
Dead Banana
handsfelloff
Happy days looks like T1 cabin pressure fx processor gets some love. Reverb sounds pretty sweet. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MF_G-QOMhGY&feature=youtu.be
RussiaZero23
Has any one tried to update their terminal yet, I would love to hear how it went for them before attempting to do it to mine.
Chartreuse-J
Had to apply pressure to the header pins during update. That's probably the most difficult part.

All in all good.

applause
RussiaZero23
was it worth the trouble upgrading the firmware for the new FX or some thing to just leave alone.

I know it fixed a rare bug with the Envelope Trigger inputs but I have not noticed any miss triggers with it.
deuS2eed1rou
RussiaZero23 wrote:
was it worth the trouble upgrading the firmware
for the new FX or some thing to just leave alone.

I did the update yesterday. I bought a terminal used with a high
2-digit serial number. The original FX was a tame, lo-fi multi-tap
delay with a hideous ~12kHz background squeal that sounded like
Endorphin.es forgot to put a filter after the DAC.

After flashing it using a Stellaris Launchpad I had lying around, it
turned into a tame lo-fi reverb without the squealing. I still prefer
to leave the FX off and satisfy my reverb needs with a mini kaoss pad 2.
Jenseits
Got a question for Terminal users (past and present) regarding the "relative B-Height" peak detector...

For me only the last 4th of the knobs/pots range is effective in mixing/comparing airplane A & B no matter what other settings are...

Is it the same for you?

I really like that function although it is only effective in that small range.
i bought the Terminal new so i have the chance to get it replaced if that wouldn't be "normal" behavior-..

Thank you in advance!
Moon Indigo
Jenseits wrote:
Got a question for Terminal users (past and present) regarding the "relative B-Height" peak detector...

For me only the last 4th of the knobs/pots range is effective in mixing/comparing airplane A & B no matter what other settings are...

Is it the same for you?

I really like that function although it is only effective in that small range.
i bought the Terminal new so i have the chance to get it replaced if that wouldn't be "normal" behavior-..

Thank you in advance!

What do you use this function for, Jenseits?
Jenseits
I like to use it as an envelope for vcf/vca of terminal for example.
With gate a as a pretty short and plucky triggered AD and gate b as a slower cycling envelope. So the mix/peak detector can give me different rythmical variation/pronounciation. I like that very much but you could achieve that by other means too or do other stuff with the peak detector of course.
But i always have to turn the relative height quite near to max to get gate b have an impact for that.
Moon Indigo
Jenseits wrote:
I like to use it as an envelope for vcf/vca of terminal for example.
With gate a as a pretty short and plucky triggered AD and gate b as a slower cycling envelope. So the mix/peak detector can give me different rythmical variation/pronounciation. I like that very much but you could achieve that by other means too or do other stuff with the peak detector of course.
But i always have to turn the relative height quite near to max to get gate b have an impact for that.

Interesting, thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 7