MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Jumper inside WMD Geiger Counter does what exactly?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Jumper inside WMD Geiger Counter does what exactly?
Sticklepig
Hi there Wiggler's, hope this is the right place to ask this.

Just received a WMD Geiger Counter and cracked the back off to insert a PP3 but my question is -
"Does anyone have any idea what the jumper point is for / does on the WMD PCB? (6 pins) "

There isn't a jumper clip on mine (to connect the opposing pin) - Does my WMD need one? seriously, i just don't get it

Or is it for an additional add on via ribbon cable?

Got a friend with a Eurorack rig and it looks like one of the ribbon cable add on points on a Doepfer module...

The pedal works fine without though....

grin
dkcg
Could be pins used to program the waves?

Try emailing him, he's very good about inquiries. thumbs up
BugBrand
Probably for programming (ISP) - quite possibly not for you to use or worry about!
WMDevices
Quote:
"Does anyone have any idea what the jumper point is for / does on the WMD PCB? (6 pins) "

This is William from WMD. Those are for programming the microchip that runs the whole thing, don't connect anything to them or you may release the magic smoke!

If yours is giving you trouble and that's lead you to think you need a jumper, please email me right away so I can get it fixed, if not, then enjoy!

info@wmdevices.com
Sticklepig
WMDevices wrote:

Those are for programming the microchip that runs the whole thing, don't connect anything to them or you may release the magic smoke!

Thanks for the info WMDevices...and everyone else for that matter.

Its a good thing I didn't let my mate loose with his modular ribbon cables!
I don't think either of us are ready to see the magic smoke just yet! wink

And just to add this pedal has to be one of the craziest distortion come audio distruction pedals I've used so far... its actually pretty good used on bass Guitar and middle of the road synths you wish to destroy sonically too!
My friend is so jealous that he's got the Euro version on his "to buy" list for next month...

grin grin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1