MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Simmons Claptrap Module..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Simmons Claptrap Module..
Dubka
I don't have the know-how or the schematics but that would be a great little module...

The prices have gone crazy on those things too..

I know one of you has the means to make it happen.....

thumbs up

Dubka
Hack off all the "auto" rubbish and just put a trigger input..
Peake
This is a great box, there should definitely be a clone done...someone help!
ABC
Hands down my favourite 'drum synth' ever.

I don't have the real thing, just a huge multisampled library of claptrap claps (over 500 samples), and each one is a gem.

If someone made this possible, I'd probably help them out with a kidney or something if they needed it.
Revok
I have schematics for the analog and digital claptraps. There are a couple non-labeled IC's on the analog schematics that don't look to be opamps. If someone thinks they can decipher what those could be, feel free to pm me.
Dubka
Great! Surely one of us actually owns one.......?
Dubka
bump for what would be a GREAT little module..

Rockin' Banana!
Erzquell
Hi, just having read this post - tried to PM to Revok but doesn´t seem to work.....Has anyone a copy of the Clap Trap schematics, the analog one of course! Would be great!!!
the bad producer
Bump - anyone got schematics for any versions of this?!

sad banana
DJBRUTAL
Maybe syntherjack - see https://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147661
the bad producer
thumbs up
ElectroSteam
If this is still relevant, then I have a pair of files in my archive, which may be the schematics of the widget in question. There are a triplet of 'mystery chips' in there, which I would sorta guess are some kind of OTAs. hmmm.....

Let me know if I should post them.
the bad producer
I'd love to see them ElectroSteam, if possible? I have one in for repair, and I'd quite like to make myself one, or attempt it!
ElectroSteam
OK, here they are. Hope they are for the right gadget. If not, then please let me know and I'll delete them again.
the bad producer
Ah thanks! Sadly those are for the EH Clap Track, not the Simmons Clap Trap, thought maybe they are related, interesting in any case, thank you!

ElectroSteam
Ah well, it was worth a try... cool
the bad producer
haha! thumbs up we're not worthy Guinness ftw! Thanks!
ElectroSteam
hihi

As for the mystery ICs in this edition: IC12 is a CD4013 dual D Flip-Flop with power pin 14 connection to +15V not shown, and IC8 is a LM566 VCO chip. The rest are just opamps and OTAs.
reekster
PM me if you are interested in a ClapTrap like module. I'm in the beginning process of design and will do a Kick Starter campaign to help fund it where you'll get a cool deal on an up and coming gem!
I'd also like to hear what are your minimum requirements as I want to balance cost VS functionality.

- Do I need separate pitch for the Clap (Hit) and noise parts or would one that controlled both suffice?

- Do I need a built in audio trigger?

- Do you NEED CV control over decay?
toneburst
reekster

Sounds great!

a|x
NS4W
reekster wrote:
PM me if you are interested in a ClapTrap like module. I'm in the beginning process of design and will do a Kick Starter campaign to help fund it where you'll get a cool deal on an up and coming gem!
I'd also like to hear what are your minimum requirements as I want to balance cost VS functionality.

- Do I need separate pitch for the Clap (Hit) and noise parts or would one that controlled both suffice?

- Do I need a built in audio trigger?

- Do you NEED CV control over decay?

As always, the fun in modular lies in modulation possibilities so try to open it up as much as possible with CVs over everything w00t
JAO
As stated above, but the addition of a pitch sync switch would be handy.

"Do you NEED CV control over decay?" - Oh god yes.

Great idea btw. Always been a huge fan of the clap trap and always been priced beyond my comfort zone. It's a flamtastic little box.
fomtoberheim
We need this!
MLaudio
Hi! I am working on replica of digital clap. After some debugging sessions it finally start to work properly. When I will have some more free time I will put it also into 3U eurorack.

reekster did your campaign succeed?
tron23
MLaudio wrote:
Hi! I am working on replica of digital clap. After some debugging sessions it finally start to work properly. When I will have some more free time I will put it also into 3U eurorack.

reekster did your campaign succeed?

those are great news! Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2