MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Seq Quared LEDs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author Seq Quared LEDs
ericD13
Hello

I'm trying to build a SeqSquared but I'm confused about the LEDs.
The BOM says Green (Yellow, Red) Superbright LED but I'm not able to find this kind of reference in Mouser.
Could someone help me tracking these ?
hexinverter
ericD13 wrote:
Hello

I'm trying to build a SeqSquared but I'm confused about the LEDs.
The BOM says Green (Yellow, Red) Superbright LED but I'm not able to find this kind of reference in Mouser.
Could someone help me tracking these ?

Hi there!

I purchase my LEDs from sources other than the big retailers (Mouser, Digikey, Farnell, etc.) because they are really overpriced there.

You can get good quality LEDs on eBay and from numerous other places. I suggest having a few bags of different colours around at all times and just restocking when you need more for a project!

Just search eBay for "green 5mm led" and you will get lots of results. Usually you can get a bag of 100 for a few dollars shipped to you.

Hope that helps!
ericD13
hexinverter wrote:

Just search eBay for "green 5mm led" and you will get lots of results. Usually you can get a bag of 100 for a few dollars shipped to you.

Hope that helps!

So the "super bright"ness is not signifiant.
That's these words that bother me.
When I search super bright led I find sites with led-lights (for swimming pools, ...)
All that the PCB needs id plain 5 mm LEDs ?
hexinverter
ericD13 wrote:
hexinverter wrote:

Hope that helps!

So the "super bright"ness is not signifiant.
That's these words that bother me.
When I search super bright led I find sites with led-lights (for swimming pools, ...)
All that the PCB needs id plain 5 mm LEDs ?

When searching for LEDs, look at the luminous intensity specified. If it is in the 1000s of mcd range, it is a super bright LED. They are usually clear in appearance.

These are the kinds you want.

They will be anywhere from about 2000-10000mcd, depending on colour.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1