MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Sync Output Issue With Ableton
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Sync Output Issue With Ableton
CF3
Apologies if this has already been covered.....

When using the SIlent Way Sync plug(AU) with Ableton there's a 1 bar lag before the clock signal is output thru the ES3. It works fine with Numeroloy (standalone) which only adds to the mystery?
What am I doing wrong here that's causing this? Has anyone else exprienced this?

Cheers
hpsounds
I don't remember why, but sync in Ableton Live works much better with the VST version ... seriously, i just don't get it

Just try it ! 8_)

Hédi K.
CF3
Many thanks Hedi K,

Definitely an Ableton/AU problem. ( hmmm..... wonder why???)

Cheers nanners
os
SW Sync waits until the start of the next bar to begin its output.

When Live starts, with the AU version, it tells the plug-in that it's slightly after 1.1.1, so the plug-in waits until 2.1.1.

With the VST, Live starts the plug-in at 1.1.1.

Go figure.
CF3
Thanks os,

Reminds me of MTC in Protools meh Thankfully you provide VST versions of everything, so problem solved. Rockin' Banana! It's motherfucking bacon yo
tappazee
Is there any workaround for Logic users restricted to AU format, or any planned updates to Sync which might provide an option to overcome this problem?

It's such a shame that AUs do this - it must affect loads of plugins!
tappazee
os wrote:
SW Sync waits until the start of the next bar to begin its output.

When Live starts, with the AU version, it tells the plug-in that it's slightly after 1.1.1, so the plug-in waits until 2.1.1.

With the VST, Live starts the plug-in at 1.1.1.

Go figure.

Out of interest, I've found that running the expert sleepers latency fixer plugin on the sync channel fixes this for me so that sync starts with the beginning of the cycle in logic
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1