MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Antimatter Audio Brain Seed
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Author Antimatter Audio Brain Seed
jdev
Anyone using the Antimatter Audio Brain Seed module? From what I can tell, it looks to be very useful for step sequencing, as well as being unique module for cv recording, but I'm not finding a whole lot of usage in the wild. Also, I can't seem to locate the clock/trigger input, unless the Cycle input achieves the same function.

I did find this video with a decent demo:[/video]

suboptimal
Some info here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75055&highlight=seed
exper
Yes, I love mine completely. Cycle is indeed the clock or cv input. Keep in mind that the initial 10 presale purchasers have just received them not too long ago, so demos will probably be forthcoming as more people get them. I will say its extremely fun to use and has a ton of neat tricks. It's really inexpensive both in cost and HPs for what it's capable of.
antimatteraudio
The Cycle input is the clock input, it has a different name because it is also a CV input when you choose to have the sequence position determined by CV (lfo, envelope, etc...).

Control Voltage has them in stock, Control and Meme in Brooklyn should receive theirs next week!

Here is the quickstart guide with a breakdown for each jack:

(choose File > Download to save the PDF):

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4iuDsEoWMHkMHc3ZFl5a1V2Rnc

(BTW - Nice Zardoz!)
jdev
@suboptimal - yep, was already up and down that thread before posting here.

@exper and @antimatteraudio - Hey, thanks for the feedback, cycle information, and manual! This helps inform my decision quite a bit. Good to see it's going to be in stock in multiple retailers, congrats.

I'm definitely leaning toward this module given the unique cv recording, step sequencing and quantizing capabilities, and yes, it does look fun! I haven't found anything yet quite comparable.
Bumply
I just bought the brain seed. I'm always excited when I see a unique module such as this. It's a bit insane that it's all packed into 4hp. Quite interesting, can't wait to engage it. Guinness ftw!
BrotherTheo
A special machine had to be used to pack that much stuff into 4HP:

Note the 4HP anvil at the base of the press.
nangu
So that's the secret! lol

I took mine to the synth meet in Chicago last weekend, along with a Planar. People seemed pretty impressed- there might be a few more Brain Seeds at the next meet..
phasebash
Where can I buy one?
nangu
Control has them in stock.
http://www.ctrl-mod.com/product-p/antimatter-brain-seed.htm

Analogue Haven still has them listed as "coming soon".
krunkleKick
I've got one of the pre-sale units. It's a beast! So powerful. I'm gutted I didn't get 2, hopefully some make it over to Europe sometime soon.
mildheadwound
Just got mine, and i have to echo the sentiments; it is a ripping good time. Do not
hesitate to pick up one of these all around amazing sequencer/cv recorders.

Between the reseed and the random, my fav feature is definitely this scrub through
the pattern mode. Here is a quick iflick i whipped up at lunch. It works extremely
well with complex modulation sources. kudos! It's better then can be imagined.
shady smiles
Hear, hear. Such an awesome module.

Especially paired with quantizer that let's you program scales (such as the uScale) you can use any modulation source to seed unexpected melodic loops. I love the planar for this since you can use the sense out to trigger reseed. All it takes is a squiggle of the joystick to generate a candidate which you can further tweak via scale settings. So. Fun.

Kudos^2!
burnn_out!
I really want to pair one of these up with my planar.
archerofloaf
Absolutely can't wait to get a hold of one of these bad boys!
grimley
burnn_out! wrote:
I really want to pair one of these up with my planar.

Just received a Planar yesterday and have a Brainseed on the way from Control Voltage. I agree these sound like excellent companions. Would be interested in hearing patch ideas for this combo.
jessem
Ordered one of these as well. The features for the size is great, should be a popular module.
jcn7
I just received mine yesterday...truly wonderful!
minorscience
I am so stoked to see this come online. Definitely going to hook this up to my Planar and Noisering.
Sinewaves
anyone know when they're back in stock?
MRTRIP
Just spoke to Shawn @ AH. He does not expect them until at least a couple of weeks. hmmm.....
antimatteraudio
Failing any horrible fate, AH will be getting Brain Seeds this week! Any other restocks (including the rest of the world...) will have to wait for a second run!
exper
Well, good, I'm glad it's a hit. Brilliant module. So many uses, tricks and functions.

Re: analog haven, sometimes Shawn doesn't put stuff up for sale as soon as he gets it, so his estimation of a couple of weeks might still hold. It probably helps him get caught up with shipments before another mad rush of orders.
ether^ra
Here's some noise using the Brain Seed in conjunction w/the Audible Objects Random Volt generator. Enjoy!
John
http://etherra.blogspot.com
MRTRIP
antimatteraudio wrote:
Failing any horrible fate, AH will be getting Brain Seeds this week! Any other restocks (including the rest of the world...) will have to wait for a second run!

That's great news! I have an order ready to be shipped but wanted to have this included. Hopefully Shawn can work some magic for me.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 1 of 14