MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ZIMM sounds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Zerosum Inertia  
Author ZIMM sounds
zerosum
Here are some sounds I made.
I don't consider these sounds to have the "bad sound" that people associate tube modules to have.(well maybe the 04 does).
The MP3 compression is going to mutilate the subtleties though.

ZIMM01 processing VCO

ZIMM02 processing VCO

The ZIMM02 was designed to be used with the ZIMM01.
This is what it sounds like in front of the ZIMM02:
VCO ZIMM01 ZIMM02
At the end the sequencer is applied to the ZIMM02 CV input,
then the oscillator is pulled from the patch and all that is audible is the
ZIMM02 self oscillating and being sequenced.

ZIMM03 processing 2 VCO's with attenuation applied to VCO's before entering ZIMM03
variation on same patch listed above
variation on patch above with a ZIMM01 after ZIMM03 to make things extra chunky

ZIMM04 used as oscillator
modulated ZIMM04 processing VCO

A friend(Not a Muff Wiggler member) also had this to say after adding 3 ZIMM's to his 24 space 200e system recently:
Quote:
I received my 041 ModuleModule Model from Chris and hooked up your 3 ZIMMs. Holy shit!!! I love these ZIMMs!! Thank you so much for sending them to me! They actually make my 259e and 261e sound good! And the noise floor of the 288v is tamed by the ZIMM01. Man, I was getting some beautiful textures last night. I love how the ZIMM01 kind of works like a VCA where you turn the volume to the point where it can't be heard, but then a CV can mix it in and out. The 266e at .05x with the ZIMM01 was mixing sounds in and out with silences that lasted over the course of minutes! I love that slowness and need that! slowness So simple and so elegant. In one word, the ZIMM04 is simply "badass".

Still no Skylab, they're actually building my new system next week, so I put the ZIMMs in the 24 panel chassis. They look marvelous in that 24 chassis, btw - kind of a classic 100 series look. The tubes seem to fare well in the chassis. My 272e front panel got a little quirky, but it always gets a little quirky. Other than that I noticed no other overt power problems with my modules.

Okay, so there's no way you're getting these back :-) Let's get a trade happening!
Wow, so now I want to go and play my Buchla some more, but have to go into work. Dude, I LOVE the sound I'm getting with your ZIMMs!! Excellent work, my friend!
weinglas
Those sounds are awesome. we're not worthy

I almost feel a little guilty since i want to use them because they can sound overdriven and tubey, which IMHO seems like a perfect addition to the more digital sounding 259e and 261e. The ZIMMs help me to get the sounds in my head into reality. But my tracks might give other potential users the wrong impression of these great modulemodules seriously, i just don't get it
zerosum
Quote:
But my tracks might give other potential users the wrong impression of these great modulemodules

I love the sounds and videos you make! love love love

I love them because I can tell you are having fun which makes it fun for me to listen to and watch! It's peanut butter jelly time!
Any intelligent person should be able to put two and two together that
what one person does with the modules, doesn't mean that it will sound that way in another persons hands.

These sounds have been around for a while too, which show a few different textures.

And Here is one that sounds like a drill going into an eardrum.
hihi
Climax happens at the end. I love that 266.
weinglas
zerosum wrote:
Quote:
But my tracks might give other potential users the wrong impression of these great modulemodules

I love the sounds and videos you make! love love love

I love them because I can tell you are having fun which makes it fun for me to listen to and watch! It's peanut butter jelly time!
Any intelligent person should be able to put two and two together that
what one person does with the modules, doesn't mean that it will sound that way in another persons hands.

These sounds have been around for a while too, which show a few different textures.

And Here is one that sounds like a drill going into an eardrum.
hihi
Climax happens at the end. I love that 266.

Thank you so much my friend! This means a lot to me! It's peanut butter jelly time!

And thanks for giving me the tools to sound the way the voices in my head tell me how it should sound we're not worthy nanners
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Zerosum Inertia  
Page 1 of 1