MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Waveform City offer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Waveform City offer
NYMo
Hey..my 300 series purchases fell through..so I'm back to square one !
If any of the community can help me, I would like to start with this.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1153394#1153394

Cheers
NYMo
Ok...upped the ante !

Cheers
MrTea
For that money you could buy a brand new classic VCO and pick up a used Miniwave. Not quite the same I know, but in the ballpark.
NYMo
Yep...im going to get a new classic vco,borg and hopefully a wc as my first three modules.
I want bantams , so i want to upgrade the wc with bantams if i can get one.

Anybody out there with an extra WC they want to sell...im all
ears !

Cheers
chamomileshark
I agree they are not quite the same.

I've not done a proper A/B test but I get a strong feeling the WC and miniwave do sound different when using the same wavetables. Also there are some wavetables that are different.
slow_riot
That's interesting.

One cause may be slightly different calibration. The W300 oscillators output at +/-4V (8V peak to peak) whereas the Blacet system expects +/-5V. (pretty sure that's the case?)

Also I've noticed some different component choices in the WFC such as different polyester caps and probably some other stuff.

I would definitely grab a CVCO whilst they're still being made.
chamomileshark
Might be. I've run from the WC into the rest of the the Wiard 300 series and from miniwave into the Wiard 300 series.

Also the miniwave into the blacet system and it sounds much the same.

I tend not to run the WC into the Blacet system other than perhaps one of the 1200 series filters.
slow_riot
the crucial point where the difference is significant is osc into wavetable as +/-4 won't scan the whole wavetable if it's calibrated to expect +/-5
chamomileshark
ok, then that isn't it. I'm pretty sure the sound of the individual waves are different.

If I have time I'll have a proper listen and look.
laserpalace
We did an A/B test a while back. Both had the v2 roms and while they did sound very similar, the Waveform City had our vote. It sounded a little more robust and clear, the amplitude was even throughout each waveform/bank. Of course the benefit of the Waveform City is all the "extra" functions as well as the independent analog outputs. It's worth the money IMO.
MrTea
Oh I wasn't doubting it's value, it certainly seems to be one of the 300 series that is held in the highest regard by system owners. My thinking was really around what the op could do in the event of not being able to source one easily.
NYMo
Ok....last resort offer....same place !
Full discretion assured.

Cheers
Norman_Phay
I think the OP would be wise to take a long view and wait on this one. sure, WC's are "rare" compared to OMF'nG HOALY DO-EVERYTHING AWESOME MAFFS MODULE. but OTOH they aren't THAT rare! All comes to he who waits.
NYMo
Unfortunately, the OP is an extremely impatient grumpy old man , whos trying to get a WC before he leaves this planet !

Cheers
laserpalace
If you haven't already you might try hitting up the yahoo forum. It's fairly inactive, but I lucked out on a Waveform City and Dual Borg there last year.
NYMo
Thanks laserpalace...will do.

Cheers
thesnow
Did you end up finding and getting a waveform city?
NYMo
Norman_Phay wrote:
I think the OP would be wise to take a long view and wait on this one. sure, WC's are "rare" compared to OMF'nG HOALY DO-EVERYTHING AWESOME MAFFS MODULE. but OTOH they aren't THAT rare! All comes to he who waits.

Well..it's been a while, but good things to come to those that wait.
Managed to pick up a WC, a classic, Borg, Wogglebug and a sequantiser last week....that should get me going !
If anyone knows of an envelator going please pm me.

I've wanted ( and waited) a long time for this..and I've had the old controller there, by itself for a while..so it's good to get it all happening.

Cheers
flts
NYMo wrote:
Managed to pick up a WC, a classic, Borg, Wogglebug and a sequantiser last week....that should get me going !

congrats man! w00t
chamomileshark
that's a great start. You can use the AR envelopes on the oscillators.

some have a mod, unless you've been told try gently pulling out the volume knob, if it slides out that is the lin/exp knob.
thesnow
NYMo wrote:
Norman_Phay wrote:

Well..it's been a while, but good things to come to those that wait.
If anyone knows of an envelator going please pm me.

I've wanted ( and waited) a long time for this..and I've had the old controller there, by itself for a while..so it's good to get it all happening.

Cheers

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94406&highlight=wiar d+300
NYMo
Thanks the snow..it's already gone.

Cheers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1