MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dual Chime
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Dual Chime
Kwote
i started a meager blog about my DIY goings on. not much to report but i'll be updating as time goes along.

http://kwotemusic.blogspot.com/
J.w.M.
Awesome!
Where'd you get that front panel?
Kwote
J.w.M. wrote:
Awesome!
Where'd you get that front panel?

http://frontpanelexpress.com/

thanks to advice from consumed. you download their free software and design your own panel. once done with your design you submit your order through the software and it's transmitted to their website.

i've been told it's pricey but i feel i should keep things as simple as possible for now being that my only build experience is a multed rack ear and the blacet dual linear vca.

elby keeps things easier too since i ordered the kit from there instead of ordering all parts from mouser. which i found daunting.

my only concern is i fired off my panel order before receiving my chime kit so the pots may be off. i took an FPD file from http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/ModularSynthPanels/

it was originally a blacet mult and i tweaked it into the dual chime. so worse comes to worse i'll have to order the pots that blacet use if the pots elby supplies don't fit. no big woop for a newb i suppose.

wish me luck smile
felix
Awesome!
Liquidcolor
Looks familiar.

grin

edit: just noticed you left off mounting holes for PCB L-brackets. You'll likely have to fabricate an aluminum bracket to mount the board to the panel.
Kwote
Liquidcolor wrote:
Looks familiar.

grin

edit: just noticed you left off mounting holes for PCB L-brackets. You'll likely have to fabricate an aluminum bracket to mount the board to the panel.

yeah. hope you don't mind me using the faceplate style. i made sure to give your site credit.

thanks for the advice on the bracket. i expected to screw up at some point. not shocked it's this early on.

i'm planning on ordering an 8008 from you within the next couple months. i don't think i want to work outside the cgs framework. least not yet.
Liquidcolor
"hope you don't mind me using the faceplate style. "

No, not at all. I would offer front panels for sale, but it's not cost effective as much as I hate saying that.

This is changing this year as I switch panel suppliers yet again. The Frac Panther stuff will have laser etched panels and they will be available by themselves for DIY'ers.

"thanks for the advice on the bracket. i expected to screw up at some point. not shocked it's this early on. "

Not a screw up really. Just get a piece of 3 x 5 aluminum and cut/drill/bend is to form an L-bracket. Mount it to the faceplate using the pots and you're good to go.
Kwote
Liquidcolor wrote:
"hope you don't mind me using the faceplate style. "

No, not at all. I would offer front panels for sale, but it's not cost effective as much as I hate saying that.

This is changing this year as I switch panel suppliers yet again. The Frac Panther stuff will have laser etched panels and they will be available by themselves for DIY'ers.

"thanks for the advice on the bracket. i expected to screw up at some point. not shocked it's this early on. "

Not a screw up really. Just get a piece of 3 x 5 aluminum and cut/drill/bend is to form an L-bracket. Mount it to the faceplate using the pots and you're good to go.

thanks again. awesome news on the panels too!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1