MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

909 kick
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author 909 kick
matic
Curious to know to know how accurate the 100pf 1kv caps need to be? Mouser is back stocked for months, locally the best I can do is 150pf @ 250v – other options exist with ceramic caps, don’t know which way I should go.

Also the 63v 3300pf, again, mouser is backstocked, locally I can get the wima 3300 at 250v, I assume that won’t be a problem but thought id put it out there..

Any advice is appreciated
hexinverter
matic wrote:
Curious to know to know how accurate the 100pf 1kv caps need to be? Mouser is back stocked for months, locally the best I can do is 150pf @ 250v – other options exist with ceramic caps, don’t know which way I should go.

Also the 63v 3300pf, again, mouser is backstocked, locally I can get the wima 3300 at 250v, I assume that won’t be a problem but thought id put it out there..

Any advice is appreciated

Hiya!

Since 150pF is a 50% deviation, I would recommend just using a ceramic cap instead. It'll work just fine smile I'd pick that over using a 150pF.

Yes, the voltage doesn't matter as long as it's above 15V or so. Go for it!
matic
Thanks!
matic
Just building this module now. Curious to know if anyone has attempted to add a cv in for the pitch?
hexinverter
matic wrote:
Just building this module now. Curious to know if anyone has attempted to add a cv in for the pitch?

See the thread in Music Tech DIY smile Someone was asking in one of the more recent pages.
matic
Will do. Thanks
abelovesfun
Any link to that forum for adding pitch cv? I can't find it via search.
Love my nein-oh-nein kick!
raisinbag
No, no one has made one. It can be done (I think with a vactrol and a vactrol board from bridechamber). I may do it for fun at some point
analogdata
pitch.

I got a pitch that I don't want. The tone just drifts away and back.
Anyone know what could be causing it?

[s]http://soundcloud.com/analogdata/drifting-909-kick [/s]

(figured out how to embed soundcloud widget smile
raisinbag
Weird. I don't know why it would fluctuate. Just brainstorming, could you have a bad pot? Or solder connection? I can't see schematic on phone for some reason. When hex has a few mins I'm sure he'll give you an idea. What transistors did you use? Sorry I'm useless, I started typing and thoght I could look at circut but I can't. Figured I'd at least finish typing and post.
janost
1Kv cap?

Surely that's not needed?
hexinverter
janost wrote:
1Kv cap?

Surely that's not needed?

1000V? No, not necessary of course razz

But, ceramic/film capacitors of the higher end are often very high voltage just due to their construction. They're usually in the hundreds/thousands of volts range when in 5mm lead spacing sizes.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1