MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Delay Pedals that can be controlled by modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Delay Pedals that can be controlled by modular
bezier
Which guitar Pedals can be controlled by an (attenuated) cv signal from the modular?

I know the Strymon Timeline and the Moog mf 104, but there will sure be more. I read somewhere on this board that EH can not (always?) be modular-addressed, but then i found this: http://www.ehx.com/products/8-step-program

Someone tried the Deluxe Memory Boy?
Blue Meanie
As far as EHX is, any pedal with CV in can work with a modular. I used the memory boy with my Fenix and MS-10. The 8-step program is awesome with a modular!

I have a MF-104SD and I would take the tap-tempo deluxe memory man over it in a second. I'm sorry, but EHX has more experience in designing analog delays.
Savage
With the Boss DD-20 GigaDelay, you can run a pulse from a modular to the Expression Pedal input and set the delay rate to the pulse rate. It's really the only thing on it that you can control from a modular synth, but it works. I've hit mine with up to 5V pulses without a hitch.
MitchXI
Also check the boss micro rack series, rdd 10 and rdd 20 have a modulation input on the back that might be able to be hooked up one way or another.

These are early digital and are nice to work with from my experience
pianoscope
Savage wrote:
With the Boss DD-20 GigaDelay, you can run a pulse from a modular to the Expression Pedal input and set the delay rate to the pulse rate. It's really the only thing on it that you can control from a modular synth, but it works. I've hit mine with up to 5V pulses without a hitch.



thanks for the tip!
bezier
Blue Meanie, thank you for the input, will try the memory boy soon.
GuyaGuy


love
Asmani
I used to send CV to the moog 104M, but eventually changed the whole setup because midi implementation allows much deeper access to the pedal's features such as a delay time multiplier, LFO sync divide, filter bright/dark etc..

Have you looked at Koma BD101? "the cv and audio patch bay allows control of gate speed, gate amount, delay time, delay feedback and gives the possibility to synchronize the pedal with an external clock signal." + an attenuator to trim CV in and out signals
GuyaGuy
Asmani wrote:
I used to send CV to the moog 104M, but eventually changed the whole setup because midi implementation allows much deeper access to the pedal's features such as a delay time multiplier, LFO sync divide, filter bright/dark etc..

Have you looked at Koma BD101? "the cv and audio patch bay allows control of gate speed, gate amount, delay time, delay feedback and gives the possibility to synchronize the pedal with an external clock signal." + an attenuator to trim CV in and out signals

At max 104ms it's not a "real" delay though.
ryangaston
bezier wrote:
Someone tried the Deluxe Memory Boy?


It works like a charm--I used my CP251 with the Deluxe Memory Boy for ages. Just make sure it's attenuated/offset correctly and it's just fine. EHX is generally very CV-friendly.

Incidentally, I have two 8-step Programs on order...SO excited. w00t!!
dkcg
I haven't tried it yet, but the designer of the RedPanda Particle told me it can take 0-3.3v (not negative Volts), he said it should be ok plugging a 1/4" straight in, but said use a TRS just to be safe. I mentioned it would be used with my modular, apparently, he's into modulars too. applause
ryangaston
Just an update--I recently bought a Memory Boy (to replace the Deluxe Memory Boy I sold long ago), and it's playing very nicely with my CV gear, everything from the 8 step program to the Make Noise Function (finally got around to purchasing Euro...a dangerous venture).

So, EHX is prime CV territory at pretty low
thefamilyghost
MitchXI wrote:
Also check the boss micro rack series, rdd 10 and rdd 20 have a modulation input on the back that might be able to be hooked up one way or another.

These are early digital and are nice to work with from my experience

The RSD-10 can be controlled by ANY audio signal. It's about the most incredible thing ever.
RealDudes
I scored a digitech rds1900 on here that has a cv input for the internal clock. $40 and it makes the transformers sound
love
LeFreq
KOMA.

They make modular pedals, exactly.... and they have their own Sub-Forum and are members of this forum... Cool stuff too. I guess they aren't as well known as I thought... I thought every reply in this thread was going to be that.
pricklyrobot
RealDudes wrote:
I scored a digitech rds1900 on here that has a cv input for the internal clock. $40 and it makes the transformers sound
love
I got one a few years ago, for $40 as well. Made a CV pedal for it (out of a 9V and a cheapo volume pedal) before I had any modular gear. It's got jacks for "Repeat Hold" and "Delay Kill" too, which are meant for momentary switches, but I wonder if they'd respond to CV at all. Hmm...
ryangaston
LeFreq wrote:
KOMA.

They make modular pedals, exactly.... and they have their own Sub-Forum and are members of this forum... Cool stuff too. I guess they aren't as well known as I thought... I thought every reply in this thread was going to be that.


d'oh!
I don't know why I didn't think of them...I guess they're so close to being just fully modular that I cease to think of them as guitar pedals. Good call!
peepsthecat
MFOS has a new module for Jan 2014.
dude
does strymon el cap work?
digitalganesha
Yep, the EHX expression inputs will take CV and it's a lot of fun, but then Modcan made their Dual Delay and made what was once a nifty idea of controlling pedals from the modular trite and trivial. hihi

Gawdamn that delay sounds great.....
alien8
Strymon works with CV
PrimateSynthesis
As far as analogue delay pedals go (imho, if I wanted digital delay, I would just use rack gear) there are a number of pedals with expression pedal inputs that can handle CV if you use the right cable -- Analogue Man, Diamond Memory Lane, etc. The Diamond Memory Lane 2 also has an insert for the audio feedback that you can run through a VCA.

While the Pearl Dual Analogue Delay AD-33 won't accept CV, it has two tap input jacks that will respond to gates/triggers since it uses electronic switches internally. One bypasses the the effect, the other switches between delay and feedback one and two.
dkcg
This thread makes me want my Moog delay back. waah

I'm not sure how controllable this one is, but the Analogman ARDX20 has a breakout box for tap tempo and expression control. Perhaps this delay box could be controllable from the modular. Unfortunately, I sold mine before I tried, as I had 3 delays in my eurorack system at the time.
PrimateSynthesis
dkcg wrote:

I'm not sure how controllable this one is, but the Analogman ARDX20 has a breakout box for tap tempo and expression control. Perhaps this delay box could be controllable from the modular. Unfortunately, I sold mine before I tried, as I had 3 delays in my eurorack system at the time.


I noticed that thing. It looks like it calculates a voltage from the tap tempo, then uses that voltage to control the pedal. So its accuracy would depend on the stability of the pedal's VCO and how well its calibrated to an external voltage. Otoh, afaik, every other pedal with tap tempo generates the clock frequency directly with a PIC.
PrimateSynthesis
PrimateSynthesis wrote:
As far as analogue delay pedals go (imho, if I wanted digital delay, I would just use rack gear) there are a number of pedals with expression pedal inputs that can handle CV if you use the right cable -- Analogue Man, Diamond Memory Lane, etc.


As it turns out I was wrong. The Diamond cannot be CV controlled.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group