MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Changing Pitch range of Drone Bank?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author Changing Pitch range of Drone Bank?
bj_gzp
HI,

I got a Drone Bank and the only issue i have with it is that the Oscillators could go a bit lower. An octave would be enough. I can get it to A1, but would like to get it down to C1.

Any advise how to do it?

Cheers,
björn
loss1234
change the caps

but it would require surface mount soldering

also

the range will not really go down a full octave unless you lose almost all of your top end...keep in mind these are not meant to be LFOS

by the way...the last TWO oscillators (4 and 5) go lower than the rest
but you probably noticed that

as you go down farther and farther, you will need bigger and bigger caps and you will only get so low
bj_gzp
Thanks for the reply. thumbs up
I was hoping for trimmers, but i'll not start changing caps. I have noticed the differences between the banks, thats why i thought there may be trimmers.

I have no intention to use it as LFO, i just like really low drones wink
Will try with a suboctave generator behind it then.

Guinness ftw!
bj
loss1234
what i do

I set my lowest notes with oscillators 4 and 5. then i use the oscillators 1-3 on top.

oscillators 4 and 5 go down to 20hz

thanks!
krz
20Hz is under Double pedal "A" 27 Hz syill and below the lowest note on a grand piano- fwiw. Five osc's at 20 Hz woud be
flapping.
bj_gzp
would be the hit, but I can live with only 2 lower range oscillators, pity it's 4 and 5 and not 1-2 or 3-4 to keep it symmetric on the module.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1