MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Two discounted RB1robotto are for you, coders.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines  
Author Two discounted RB1robotto are for you, coders.
soundmachines
We are about to complete the first 100 pieces batch of RB1 robotto.
As you may know, we will release the sourcecode of the firmware (it's Arduino based) to the public on GitHub. To start some noise, I want to give to the customers a 'code base' that will grow interest and hopefully seed new stuff....

I would like to give two RB1 at a discounted price (30% discount!) to two guys that will invent and write some alternative firmwares that uses the Soundgin chip to do other stuff.

I will send, to each of the 'winners' a production RB1robotto module PLUS a couple of blank steel panels so you can design your own panel and define what the controls and jacks will do (except for the audio out...).

PM me about your Arduino programming skills and possibly link me to some material that shows me your experiences (preferably in the electronic music generation/modification/etc.. realm) with the platform.

Bring your own Usb-Serial converter and Sharpies..

Your Duties:

-write, in a month or two, at least TWO alternative firmwares, that will be released and mantained on the soundmachines GitHub repository.

-upload a video with a demo of what you've done!

My duties:

-selecting two coders and sending the the discounted RB1 modules plus two blank panels.
-publishing the astounding programs that you made!

Entries will be checked until 24th of may!

Please take a look at the RB1robotto manual on the website (pdf file). You can find some tech infos that could ignite some sparks....

Cheers!!!!
solid_choice
Hello,

Did this ever happen? I am fairly new to modular synthesis and came across your RB1. I am very interested in this module however, I have not seen any one complete any new firmware for this module. It seems like this module has a lot of potential that not a lot of people have explored. I am currently going to school for computer science and am interested in seeing new firmware.

Please let me know!!

Thanks
soundmachines
solid_choice wrote:
Hello,

Did this ever happen? I am fairly new to modular synthesis and came across your RB1. I am very interested in this module however, I have not seen any one complete any new firmware for this module. It seems like this module has a lot of potential that not a lot of people have explored. I am currently going to school for computer science and am interested in seeing new firmware.

Please let me know!!

Thanks

Hi Solid!
I'm late at this!
I have a starting point for a wavetable osc that works with the Robotto!
Let me know if you want to play with this firmware I can send it to you along with the original one!
D
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines  
Page 1 of 1