MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DAMN! Cwejman MX-7
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author DAMN! Cwejman MX-7
plord
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN.

Just when I was finally at peace with my decision not to go Euro (space and cost containment measure), Cwejman announces a 7 input VC controllable mixer with mute buttons, stereo out, and mono out :shock:

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!

Can anybody tell from the preliminary drawing whether this will fit in the mini Doepfer case?

A MODULAR CV MIXER WITH MUTES, SEE PEOPLE, WAS THAT SO HARD? GAH!
Muff Wiggler
no shit, +1 for mutes

price? if it fits into a minicase i would quite probably buy one of these
plord
Muff Wiggler wrote:
price? if it fits into a minicase i would quite probably buy one of these

Preliminary data on the site only, no size or price data yet. Given the overall quality and cost of the Cwejman stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if it were $500 or more. Still...severely tempting. WAY SEVERELY.
flts
1) It pretty much has to be $500 or way more, considering how much everything else by Wowa costs. Even the 4 channel mixer is $775.
2) I would hazard a guess (based on the picture) that it's going to be 26HP like the VM1 voice module, so it would exactly fit a minicase.
3) The upcoming quad audio delay looks tasty.
Chuck E. Jesus
wot, no pan?
sgnhh
Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why this is a big deal when most modular synths are monophonic anyway.
Chuck E. Jesus
sgnhh wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why this is a big deal when most modular synths are monophonic anyway.

honestly, i would do most mixing in my DAW anyway...the only thing that prevents an analog synth from being stereo is the mods you have and the way to control them...but i agree on principle (i don't have enough mods to do stereo)....
Muff Wiggler
i use my modular synth in stereo all the time.....
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:
i use my modular synth in stereo all the time.....

but you have a gigantic modular, not all of us do...a multiple channel VC stereo mixer/VCA would be sweet...
Muff Wiggler
this is true. i also have a decent number of modules that take in mono and spit out stereo, so this helps as well oops
Muff Wiggler
the 'positive slope only' outputs of the blacet micro lfo are fun with a pair of vca's for vc pan-tremolo, one of the first patches i ever made & loads of fun
Chuck E. Jesus
Doepfer has a VCF/VCA combo with stereo outs i believe...

when i win the Lotto smile
REwire
This is not really designed to be a stereo mixer, unless you always want things panned hard left or hard right. So far until Plan-B makes the Model 18 or Doepfer's Stereo Mixer is out, Cwejman's MX-4S is the only true VC Stereo Mixer in Eurorack.

This MX-7 is slightly odd and not sure it'll fit everyone's needs. It's design is more akin to Plan-B's Model 9 Mixer/Attenuator but with 3 more channels. The Mute buttons are nice but probably better for live musicians where as on/off switches would've cut down the size.

My modular went stereo early on when I picked up three Doepfer A-134 Panners and sent the left and right outputs of each to two ASolutions MX-6 4hp mixers. I then could hook up the outputs of Stereo FX modules like ASys's Delays, Cwejman Phaser, etc and pan mono sources anywhere in the spectrum. I now have replaced the A-134's with an MX-4S but still use the Asol Mixers to add more Stereo FX into my stereo system.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
if you want switches, you could always modify an existing mixer for mute switches smile

no need to spend $900 (or whatever it costs) since the only cool thing about it seems to be the switches.

when wiring up a mute switch, would it be better to have it kill the connection outright or connect it to ground? question
felix
If the mute switches were momentary (eg. hold down to mute) I could see having a lot of fun performing with this. Based on the size of switch and it's placement, my guess is the idea is to mute/un-mute things live in more of a performance.

That does make it a bit specialized, but very cool and unique as well. I'm sure there are guys out there looking for just this kind of functionality and they nailed it.

Personally, I'm most likely going to be weighing the MX-4 and the Plan B M18. Although, based on Peter's recent posts on the Plan B list, the M18 has been shelved to do "lack of demand". question
///OSS
one cool thing might be to see it as a 8ch gate of sorts... a crude one of course as it doesnt have the proper controls but for hard cuts, stuttering and chopped up performances.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1