MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Need last bit of explanation
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author Need last bit of explanation
jmcecil
Finishing up my first ever DIY projects! I'm waiting on a header delivery so that I can jumper most of the connections instead of soldering. Anyhow, I have to make the decision for 5V, Vcc or 10V. I get 5V.

10V: I was expecting -5/+5 for bypolar type stuff. Is this 0-10? If so, what does that work with?

Vcc: No clue. What is a usage?

I'm really happy how these came out.

hexinverter
jmcecil wrote:
Finishing up my first ever DIY projects! I'm waiting on a header delivery so that I can jumper most of the connections instead of soldering. Anyhow, I have to make the decision for 5V, Vcc or 10V. I get 5V.

10V: I was expecting -5/+5 for bypolar type stuff. Is this 0-10? If so, what does that work with?

Vcc: No clue. What is a usage?

I'm really happy how these came out.

Very nice builds! smile

To answer your queries:

sympleSEQ is very, uhm, simple...since it is comprised of CMOS logic chips, it outputs 0-~10V by default. Shifting it to a different voltage (ie: -5 to 5V) would mean more parts.

In any case, you can make anything you are modulating respond to 0-10V as if it was -5 to 5V by applying a 5V offset to it. That is, with a VCO or whatever you just turn the initial setting for the thing you are modulating up razz

So, 0-10V is very useful. thumbs up

Also, note data is very often not negative voltages!

"Vcc" means the supply voltage. If you're powering with 15V, it means that output goes as high as almost 15V.
jmcecil
Ahhhhhhhh Vcc is whatever voltage being fed.

I'll probably use 10V as default then. I guess making the CV jack hookup using a jumper is a good idea so I can switch around easily.

I'm also going to normal the clock out from one of them to a Yusynth Divider behind the panel. Should be a cool setup.

They actually are pretty powerful for 1U. The only major thing missing is gate width.
hexinverter
jmcecil wrote:
Ahhhhhhhh Vcc is whatever voltage being fed.

I'll probably use 10V as default then. I guess making the CV jack hookup using a jumper is a good idea so I can switch around easily.

I'm also going to normal the clock out from one of them to a Yusynth Divider behind the panel. Should be a cool setup.

They actually are pretty powerful for 1U. The only major thing missing is gate width.

Hehe right on!

Yeah it would be nice to have gate width but that's a whole 'nother can of worms!!! It would greatly complicate the circuit actually.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1