MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

soundmachines SY1synesthesia
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines  
Author soundmachines SY1synesthesia
soundmachines
Synesthesia is the phenomenon of cross-stimulating senses (associations of tastes with colors, colors with sounds, etc..).
Soundmachines developed a quick and fun module that opens up, for the performing musician (but not only), the possibility to 'link' their sounds with colors, light, and movements of those...

By implementing a programmable (via a simple serial cable) CV to DMX interface, you can connect to your modular any DMX lighting fixture (like rgb projectors, moving heads, strobo lights, smoke machines, etc..) and drive up to five parameters with control voltages. In the demo we made (and as a default) the module will pilot a DMX lighting fixture by varying the RED, GREEN, BLUE, DIMMER and SHUTTER channels.

SEE YOUR SOUNDS.

JohnLRice
That is really cool!
mmelnick
Holy sweet lord, this rules. My finances are now officially fucked!
mmelnick
Is this actually for sale or is it just a mockup or something? I googled and can't find any data or way to buy it
numan7
hmmm..... not sure if i want to invest in a bunch of dmx gear at this point. but if i already had some then this would be a no-brainer.

i'm kind of curious about what could be done with dmx lighting controlled by SY1 along with some LZX analog video synthesis modules, where the LZX video synthesizer is being fed video from the dmx-lit stage (via an array of color genlock cameras, say) and both the SY1 and the LZX modules are controlled from the same modulation sources... woah

cheers
soundmachines
numan7 wrote:
hmmm..... not sure if i want to invest in a bunch of dmx gear at this point. but if i already had some then this would be a no-brainer.

i'm kind of curious about what could be done with dmx lighting controlled by SY1 along with some LZX analog video synthesis modules, where the LZX video synthesizer is being fed video from the dmx-lit stage (via an array of color genlock cameras, say) and both the SY1 and the LZX modules are controlled from the same modulation sources... woah

cheers

Dear All,
no the module is not a mock-up, you can see some (little) action here:

We are definitely going to make this module and, as someone already asked for it, it will also support 0-1V inputs, to make LZX guys happy smile
Probably August. It won't break your bank account either, so you can throw in a couple of rgb dmx fixtures smile
August or September we will sell this!

Cheers
soundmachines
Oh, and those modules will be distributed in the US by AnalogHaven and Control!, in Australia by EquinoxOz and directly by us in Europe.
Cheers,
Davide
rhizomatik
How is this coming along?
Really want one of these thumbs up
soundmachines
We're almost there.
Actually a little refinement at the firmware and the steel panel prototype is on order.
We hope to start the production in a month!

Cheers
thebrotherspus
Super cool!
cyklopljud
hyper
thebrotherspus
Any updates on this?
I'm definitely interested in giving it a try.
arnoux
Oh cruel boy! Don't you see we need it? Don't you see we love it?
soundmachines
arnoux wrote:
Oh cruel boy! Don't you see we need it? Don't you see we love it?

Hi there people!!

SY1 and UL1 are IN STOCK for the european guys and soon in the US through distributors!
soundmachines
So, SY1synesthesia (along with UL1 and the other modules) is in stock!!
you can by it immediately from our site or POSTMODULAR UK in Europe and soon from AnalogueHeaven, MEMEAntenna and CTRLVOLTAGE in the US!!

HAVE FUN!!!
Hari Seldon
Thread revive... Anybody using it? I'm interested in one..
soundmachines
Hari Seldon wrote:

Hari,
we've sold more than one hundred of those, there should be someone out there smile))

Please let me know if you need some particular info or demos, etc..!

Davide
Hari Seldon
soundmachines wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:

Hari,
we've sold more than one hundred of those, there should be someone out there smile))

Davide

Thanks for the reply. I'm very curious to see some demos! What I want to do is control something like simple a 230v dimmer with CV sources, but I'm very inexperienced with dmx. Would like to see how other musicians use this module and what kind of other dmx hardware is involved. seriously, i just don't get it

All info and ideas are welcome really.
soundmachines
Hari Seldon wrote:
soundmachines wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:

Hari,

Davide

Thanks for the reply. I'm very curious to see some demos! What I want to do is control something like simple a 230v dimmer with CV sources, but I'm very inexperienced with dmx. Would like to see how other musicians use this module and what kind of other dmx hardware is involved. seriously, i just don't get it

Dont' know if you already had a look at this video, it shows everything you need to know!
What you are saying is perfectly suited to the SY1... and much more!

Check also the manual on the product's page!:

http://www.sound-machines.it/index.php/sy1synesthesia/

burnn_out!
What's the current draw and depth? Does it need to be initialized or c an I use it right out the box?
soundmachines
burnn_out! wrote:
What's the current draw and depth? Does it need to be initialized or c an I use it right out the box?

Hello there! Sorry for the delay!
The module is pre-configured with a pretty standard config (the first 5 DMX channel mapped to the 5CV in and POTs.
The product include a USB to UART interface to configure it via a terminal program, so it's pretty straightforward once that you have the DMX mapping of the lighting fixture.
consumption on +12V is 50mA.

Please take a look at the manual, is downloadable from the product's page on the website!

Cheers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines  
Page 1 of 1