MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Need some with help thedug Ardcore patches
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author Need some with help thedug Ardcore patches
z3r01
Hey wigglers, I recently purchased an Ardcore, and I have been enjoying playing around with the patches. I found the Euclidean and Arpeggiator patches by thedug, but when I opened the file, it does not have the 'instructions' at the top (like how the other patches would have, description of which knob/jack does what etc.).

I am extremely new to the world of programming, so it may be there but I am just not seeing and realising it. I was wondering if anyone could find some time to enlighten me, as to which knob or jacks does what in thedug's patches? Thanks in advance.

P.S.: If I may trouble you guys, could any kind wiggler please direct a noob to where would be a good place to start diving into the depths of programming? I am in the midst of checking out the Arduino website, any other sources would be great.

Thanks, and apologies for the long post. Mr. Green
z3r01
Please wigglers, help ?
z3r01
Any help, please? Mr. Green
AsceticUnderground
If theres no info at the top of an ardcore patch the stuff you want to look for is where its doing analog reads as this is where the data from the input/knobs is coming in. so for example in the arp patch the values are actually listed for the inputs in the main void loop()

"
root=analogRead(0) / 86; //12 value = A,A#,B,C#, etc
chord=analogRead(1) / 86; // 12 values see chords array above
pattern=analogRead(2) /147; // UP, DOWN, UP_DOWN, ALTERNATE 1-ALL, ALTERNATE 1-2, ALTERNATE 1-3, RANDOM

//TODO: This octave impl is kinda getto since it can cause values to "roll over"
int pin3 = analogRead(3);
"
so a0 = root note
a1 = chord patterns
a2 = pattern type/direction
a3 = octaves

see??

To start learning how to program the ardcore the arduino site is good, the 20 objects patches by Darwin Grosse are VERY useful to understand ardcore specific ideas as well. Generally learning by looking at other peoples work is the best imo but theres lots of books out there too, the arduino is very well documented.
z3r01
Thank you for taking for the time to explain the patch, @AsceticUnderground.

I tried figuring out the arp patch before, but my almost non-existent knowledge of Arduino, meant that I got really confused. Your explanation narrowed it down for me, and I am starting to understand it better.

Thanks again! Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1