MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dual Filter Build Sesh
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Dual Filter Build Sesh
Kwote
http://kwotemusic.blogspot.com/2008/04/dual-filter-build-sesh.html

it is done sirs.
Muff Wiggler
Awesome! Great post, and nice work 8)

Fun filter as well, no? Great to see the DIY skills working out for you!
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
Awesome! Great post, and nice work 8)

Fun filter as well, no? Great to see the DIY skills working out for you!

yeah man. i just ran droans on it. VCO saw and pulse -> Dual Filter(all the suggested patches in the manual) -> Dual VCA

and a filter train: VCO pulse -> Dual Filter A -> Dual Filter B -> Filthy Filtre(Freq VC'd by LFO) -> Dual VCA

smooth man. love that high resonation. Nice and peaky.
consumed
looks good. i have one to build too.
m trying to decide if im going to mod up the FP or just build in a different format.

hey, if you're tricky, you can ground most/all of your jacks by strap wiring the sleeves with a single piece of wire. i recently built a modded quad vca and did this, and ended up with a bunch of leftover wire for other projects, a cleaner build and less soldering to do. ill post a pic later.
Kwote
consumed wrote:
m trying to decide if im going to mod up the FP or just build in a different format.

hey, if you're tricky, you can ground most/all of your jacks by strap wiring the sleeves with a single piece of wire. i recently built a modded quad vca and did this, and ended up with a bunch of leftover wire for other projects, a cleaner build and less soldering to do. ill post a pic later.

what mods are you referring to?

definately post that pic. i'd like to see that.
Muff Wiggler
i think he's saying just make a common ground across all ground connectors, then hook it up to the PCB once, makes for easier and neater wiring

basically imagine a bunch of jacks in a row. If you orient them all the exact same way, and put them just right, you can draw a straight line across the ground lugs of each jack.

So, strip a piece of wire that's just as long as your line. Insert it through all the ground lugs of the jacks-in-a-row. Then solder it in place where it passes through each lug.

Now all you have to do is hookup this 'ground bridge' once to the COM spot on the PCB.

if you have two rows of jacks, you can do this along each row, then connect the two rows with once piece of wire, then just take a single wire to ground the whole array to the PCB.
Muff Wiggler
lots of manufacturers and builders do this, look inside your modules and you'll probably see this once or twice
consumed
Kwote wrote:
consumed wrote:

the mod for the quad vca involved changing it to sweep with a 5v input instead of requiring 10v to fully 'open'.
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
lots of manufacturers and builders do this, look inside your modules and you'll probably see this once or twice

indeed. some of my Blacet modules have that setup.
Kwote
consumed wrote:
Kwote wrote:
consumed wrote:

the mod for the quad vca involved changing it to sweep with a 5v input instead of requiring 10v to fully 'open'.

oh. should've known. i remember you were talking about running one with your motm on modsynth.net before.

and of course Blacet offers the assembled one with that mod.
Kwote
Dual Filter in full effect,

http://www.kwotemusic.com/animalcarcass.mp3
J.w.M.
Now that, sir, is a quality drone.
Kwote
J.w.M. wrote:
Now that, sir, is a quality drone.

thanks, but i wouldn't classify that a drone at all. way too much going on.
consumed
Kwote
cool. looks like some of my Blacet's. so you strip the wire completely feed it through the commons and then the last in the chain is your go to. right on.

looks like you got a few pieces of wire for that angle though. had to solder the corner i see.

thanks for the flick.
consumed
yeah, i guess i didnt mean "one and only one wire".
anyway, it really makes the process a lot easier.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1