MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NON Snare ZTX1051A
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author NON Snare ZTX1051A
lucid
from assembly quide
Quote:
The ZTX1051A are a different pinout than the BC549, so be careful of that!
They are commonly available but sometimes are out of stock, so, if you
need, you can use standard NPN 2N3904 in their place with not too much
ill-effect smile

"not too much ill-effect" can you explain it? How much it will affect sound of NON snare?

It is available from Mouser, so there is chance to get it. Thats why I dont want to sacrify specific sound of NON snare if any.
But if difference is not noticable at all, I will use 2N3904.

milan
hexinverter
lucid wrote:
from assembly quide
Quote:
The ZTX1051A are a different pinout than the BC549, so be careful of that!
They are commonly available but sometimes are out of stock, so, if you
need, you can use standard NPN 2N3904 in their place with not too much
ill-effect smile

"not too much ill-effect" can you explain it? How much it will affect sound of NON snare?

It is available from Mouser, so there is chance to get it. Thats why I dont want to sacrify specific sound of NON snare if any.
But if difference is not noticable at all, I will use 2N3904.

milan

I haven't done scientific tests nor have I used anything but the ZTX in my builds, so, if you're at all concerned, don't use the 2N3904. Every 909 sounds subtly different than every other 909 (as is the case with the 808 as well). So a discerning ear will be able to tell the difference between two models even if they use the same parts. If you are one of those people, don't use substitutes smile
lucid
OK thanks
than I will try 2N3904, maybe later will change to ZTX if I will feel that something is not that good as I think it should be. hmmm.....
hexinverter
lucid wrote:
OK thanks
than I will try 2N3904, maybe later will change to ZTX if I will feel that something is not that good as I think it should be. hmmm.....

Right on! Best of luck thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1