BugBrand BugCrusher

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

BugBrand BugCrusher

Post by Muff Wiggler » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Also really wanted one of these cool looking analog sample rate reducers.... (I have an ICONsWeevil and love it to biits), but they sell out like INSTANTLY and it's never been the right time

anyway - thank god once again for INSTANT email delivery to my pocket 24/7 - just got the email from Tom, new run released NOW - 12 BugCrusherMicro's and 8 of the monster new BugCrusher08's just dropped.

I instantly got my order in for a Micro, which is the one I've wanted the most of all the Bugcrushers all along...

looking forward to it. This one is just as happy working with modulars as it is working with guitars. should be really fun 8)
Last edited by Muff Wiggler on Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:41 pm

btw here's the ICONsWeevil if anyone cares....

Last edited by Muff Wiggler on Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

shamann
_

Post by shamann » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:24 pm

Yay!

I have the bigger desktop version, but you're going to love it. For some reason the big chicken head knob on a crusher is gratifying.

I love those icon weevils. I hope he makes something like them again some day. The newer weevils have moved to pragmatic designs, which are good, but I still miss the rococo flare of the old ones.

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:06 pm

Awesome! I saw this bugger today and was very intrigued. Can't wait to hear your thoughts and maybe some clips.

Right now, I'm trying to limit my pedals to ones that I can build myself. Unfortunately, thus far, I'm not so good at it.
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

J.w.M.
Analog Addict

Post by J.w.M. » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:30 pm

Oooh-- BugBrand gear has always been on my list for things to buy when I find buried treasure. The designs are great and the interfaces always look awesome.

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:12 am

shamann wrote:Yay!

I have the bigger desktop version, but you're going to love it. For some reason the big chicken head knob on a crusher is gratifying.

I love those icon weevils. I hope he makes something like them again some day. The newer weevils have moved to pragmatic designs, which are good, but I still miss the rococo flare of the old ones.
I know, I've been jealous of your desktopCrusher big time :oops: Really glad I got one of these micros, I was drooling when the first run was announced/sold back in December. For me this design is perfect since I don't have to mess with gain trimmers, and have lots of filters sitting all around it anyway - and yep, I love the big ol' Chickenhead knob 8)

Totally agreed about the flair of the old weevils - to be honest that is/was at least half the appeal with them for me. The more functional designs are probably better for a lot of people, but it was this merger of function and art in the early weevils that really grabbed my attention and (I felt) made Tom's stuff stand out from the rest of the squarewave/555IC crowd out there

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:52 am

felix wrote:Awesome! I saw this bugger today and was very intrigued. Can't wait to hear your thoughts and maybe some clips.

Right now, I'm trying to limit my pedals to ones that I can build myself. Unfortunately, thus far, I'm not so good at it.
Yeah I was reading your blog, some bad luck, no?

It'll pass - stick with it 8)

shamann
_

Post by shamann » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:55 am

Muff Wiggler wrote:(I felt) made Tom's stuff stand out from the rest of the squarewave/555IC crowd out there
I agree. It's what originally got my attention, too. I get the feeling as he moves toward a more standardized manufacturing method that the visually fanciful stuff will be less likely to return.

whyterabbyt
Common Wiggler

Post by whyterabbyt » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:56 am

The 'crusher arriveth!

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:28 am

OT, but i'm listening to WR's "chernobyl broadcast" atm, good stuff...

whyterabbyt
Common Wiggler

Post by whyterabbyt » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:11 am

ross g wrote:OT, but i'm listening to WR's "chernobyl broadcast" atm, good stuff...
merci...

Return to “General Gear”