MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge Music Easel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Serge Music Easel
bartlebooth
OK, not really..but I did get one of Rex's new S-cases today. It just like the M-case but holds 3 shop panels or M-boats in a vertical orientation. Since this makes the case about 24 inches tall it was a bit of a challenge to find a stable way to support it at a comfortable playing angle. And then I hit on this idea..its a pretty fun way to patch (feels kind of like painting) and works well sitting or standing. Not so portable though..
DGTom
lol awesome... berret MUST be worn whilst patching applause

how heavy is it fully loaded? seems (to me) like the handle would make more sense on the the long side hmmm.....
blz
wow me wants
bartlebooth
DGTom wrote:
lol awesome... berret MUST be worn whilst patching applause

how heavy is it fully loaded? seems (to me) like the handle would make more sense on the the long side hmmm.....

I think Rex said it was 25 pounds including the PS2a (power supply). I can see each handle orientation having advantages - horizontal is a little more natural feeling to carry but vertical doesn't bang into your legs as much when you walk. I also think your height/arm reach will affect how comfortable it is to carry.
ex_dead_teenager
that's a cute pun there with the easel and the Serge.

audio plz what panels do you have in there?
HexEnduction
BEAUTIFUL! we're not worthy
mono-poly
screaming goo yo awesome
Audio Resistance
Wow that looks good, congrats.

Is is very comfortable to lay it down flat and use?

That is my initial plan, but I might get some sort of guitar slanted holder to tilt it up if that is uncomfortable.

My S-case with an Animal and Q-Slope M- panel should ship out on the 23rd of this month. Than the plan is for a TKB and maybe the ASR-Quantizer or Klangziet M-modules.
bartlebooth
Totally flat is too far a reach for me to the top panel..its doable but I didn't like it. I have an old drafting table that I tried and that was much better because you can get enough of an angle to more easily access the top row. However it needs to have a lip in front or with too steep an angle the case will want to slide. I really like the easel though - totally adjustable, perfect height plus I can keep banana cords in the brush tray right below it hyper

I am going to pick up a more sturdy guitar stand for portable use because the one I have is a cheap plasticky one that was way too flimsy. The thing I like best about the S-case is that you unplug one cord, pop on the lid and you're ready to go.. Rockin' Banana!
confusional
Redacted.
Soviet Space Child
Ach! I'm not sure that I like the empty space at the top! What is that all about? sad banana
bwhittington
Soviet Space Child wrote:
Ach! I'm not sure that I like the empty space at the top! What is that all about? sad banana

Yeah, I'm thinking a blank panel with a gooseneck lamp would be sweet right there.

Cheers,
Brian
bartlebooth
That's where the power distro and (optionally a ps2a power supply) go. Makes for a nice self-contained solution I think. However if you didn't want that you could pretty easily put in a blanking plate or probably even an DIY banana-to-whatever adapter strip). I'll post some more details of the interior when I get home.
Audio Resistance
bradleyallen wrote:

S-Case:
Animal
Quad Slope + ASR Quan
TKB

What the heck are you trying to do, make music or something? It's peanut butter jelly time!

Hehe, I really will not know till after I get them if the TKB + ASR Quan is what I will do next, but that is my plan .

I am really fond of all the face melting Pterodactyl screams happening over at Quadslope, but a part of me keeps looking at the TKB and Quan as incredible source for Arpeggio's and bass lines.

@ Bartletooth

Does the 1 ps2a power all 3 of your panels?

Rex was saying it is the Soup Kitchen's and Audio Processing stuff that starts needing multiple power supplies.

I like it no matter how I have to set it up. I am hoping that I will be satisfied with a self contained instrument like it looks in the S-case and not be always wanting that next module.
confusional
confusional
Redacted.
bartlebooth
Audio Resistance wrote:

@ Bartletooth

Does the 1 ps2a power all 3 of your panels?

Rex was saying it is the Soup Kitchen's and Audio Processing stuff that starts needing multiple power supplies.

I like it no matter how I have to set it up. I am hoping that I will be satisfied with a self contained instrument like it looks in the S-case and not be always wanting that next module.

The 3 panels in the case are the Blue Voice, CV2 and an M-boat with the ASR Quantizer and Mulitfilter M-odules. Rex said the PS2a should be able to power those but first I need an adapter cable since my distro board was made for the PS4 (i.e, XLR connector). So for now I am using the PS4 with it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1