Serge Music Easel

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

bartlebooth
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Serge Music Easel

Post by bartlebooth » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:42 pm

OK, not really..but I did get one of Rex's new S-cases today. It just like the M-case but holds 3 shop panels or M-boats in a vertical orientation. Since this makes the case about 24 inches tall it was a bit of a challenge to find a stable way to support it at a comfortable playing angle. And then I hit on this idea..its a pretty fun way to patch (feels kind of like painting) and works well sitting or standing. Not so portable though..
Attachments
S-case ready for travel
S-case ready for travel
S-case-4-3.jpg (94.32 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Serge Music Easel
Serge Music Easel
music easel-5.jpg (104.68 KiB) Viewed 534 times

DGTom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by DGTom » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:48 pm

:lol: awesome... berret MUST be worn whilst patching :yay:

how heavy is it fully loaded? seems (to me) like the handle would make more sense on the the long side :hmm:

blz
Ultra Wiggler

Post by blz » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:11 pm

wow me wants

bartlebooth
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bartlebooth » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 pm

DGTom wrote::lol: awesome... berret MUST be worn whilst patching :yay:

how heavy is it fully loaded? seems (to me) like the handle would make more sense on the the long side :hmm:
I think Rex said it was 25 pounds including the PS2a (power supply). I can see each handle orientation having advantages - horizontal is a little more natural feeling to carry but vertical doesn't bang into your legs as much when you walk. I also think your height/arm reach will affect how comfortable it is to carry.

ex_dead_teenager
Electro-Busker

Post by ex_dead_teenager » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:11 am

that's a cute pun there with the easel and the Serge.

audio plz what panels do you have in there?

HexEnduction
Veteran Wiggler

Post by HexEnduction » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:28 am

BEAUTIFUL! :hail:

mono-poly
Le Cheff

Post by mono-poly » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:34 am

:goo: awesome
The farad is the captain of my print.

http://www.mono-poly.nl
http://www.noodlebar.org

WTB blue lantern purple vco

Audio Resistance
despair extraordinaire

Post by Audio Resistance » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:49 pm

Wow that looks good, congrats.

Is is very comfortable to lay it down flat and use?

That is my initial plan, but I might get some sort of guitar slanted holder to tilt it up if that is uncomfortable.

My S-case with an Animal and Q-Slope M- panel should ship out on the 23rd of this month. Than the plan is for a TKB and maybe the ASR-Quantizer or Klangziet M-modules.
Audio resistance to perceived fascist tendencies

My Music

bartlebooth
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bartlebooth » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Totally flat is too far a reach for me to the top panel..its doable but I didn't like it. I have an old drafting table that I tried and that was much better because you can get enough of an angle to more easily access the top row. However it needs to have a lip in front or with too steep an angle the case will want to slide. I really like the easel though - totally adjustable, perfect height plus I can keep banana cords in the brush tray right below it :hyper:

I am going to pick up a more sturdy guitar stand for portable use because the one I have is a cheap plasticky one that was way too flimsy. The thing I like best about the S-case is that you unplug one cord, pop on the lid and you're ready to go.. :bananaguitar:

confusional
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by confusional » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Redacted.
Last edited by confusional on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soviet Space Child
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Soviet Space Child » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Ach! I'm not sure that I like the empty space at the top! What is that all about? :sadbanana:

bwhittington
Terrifying Brain Secret

Post by bwhittington » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Soviet Space Child wrote:Ach! I'm not sure that I like the empty space at the top! What is that all about? :sadbanana:
Yeah, I'm thinking a blank panel with a gooseneck lamp would be sweet right there.

Cheers,
Brian

bartlebooth
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bartlebooth » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:27 pm

That's where the power distro and (optionally a ps2a power supply) go. Makes for a nice self-contained solution I think. However if you didn't want that you could pretty easily put in a blanking plate or probably even an DIY banana-to-whatever adapter strip). I'll post some more details of the interior when I get home.

Audio Resistance
despair extraordinaire

Post by Audio Resistance » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:43 pm

bradleyallen wrote:
S-Case:
Animal
Quad Slope + ASR Quan
TKB

What the heck are you trying to do, make music or something? :banana:
Hehe, I really will not know till after I get them if the TKB + ASR Quan is what I will do next, but that is my plan .

I am really fond of all the face melting Pterodactyl screams happening over at Quadslope, but a part of me keeps looking at the TKB and Quan as incredible source for Arpeggio's and bass lines.

@ Bartletooth

Does the 1 ps2a power all 3 of your panels?

Rex was saying it is the Soup Kitchen's and Audio Processing stuff that starts needing multiple power supplies.

I like it no matter how I have to set it up. I am hoping that I will be satisfied with a self contained instrument like it looks in the S-case and not be always wanting that next module.
Audio resistance to perceived fascist tendencies

My Music

confusional
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by confusional » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:27 pm

Last edited by confusional on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

confusional
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by confusional » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:32 pm

Redacted.
Last edited by confusional on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bartlebooth
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bartlebooth » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Audio Resistance wrote: @ Bartletooth

Does the 1 ps2a power all 3 of your panels?

Rex was saying it is the Soup Kitchen's and Audio Processing stuff that starts needing multiple power supplies.

I like it no matter how I have to set it up. I am hoping that I will be satisfied with a self contained instrument like it looks in the S-case and not be always wanting that next module.
The 3 panels in the case are the Blue Voice, CV2 and an M-boat with the ASR Quantizer and Mulitfilter M-odules. Rex said the PS2a should be able to power those but first I need an adapter cable since my distro board was made for the PS4 (i.e, XLR connector). So for now I am using the PS4 with it.

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”