MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SDIY Partslist spreadsheet
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author SDIY Partslist spreadsheet
pre55ure
Ok Second try.

I had a little time off and wanted to make a big dent in my diy backlog. Part of doing this consisted of going through and finding tons of parts on mouser/tayda/jameco/small bear etc... and putting all the part numbers into a speadsheet so I hopefully won't have to go hunting quite so much in the future.
I know something like this would have been awesome for me when I was first starting and had no idea how to navigate and source parts, so I figured I'd post my spreadsheet and that some of you out there would get some use out of it.

Some caveats-
It is by no means an exhaustive list. But pretty much all the basics are there.
It could be better looking/organized.
I tend to buy whatever parts I can from Tayda, especially pots/trimmers, transistors, and IC's. So not everything has a mouser part#.

Feel free to do with this what you will. I hope you find it useful. thumbs up

If you feel its worthwhile, feel free to post this as a google doc and then perhaps we could maintain it as a community?
decaying.sine
we're not worthy

Woah. This is amazing. Please sticky. Thank you so much for your hard work.

sduck
Nice! I will try using this the next time I put together a BOM. I like the little capacitance calculator - I use one of these all the time.
rico loverde
thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! applause screaming goo yo nanners It's motherfucking bacon yo

i would have killed for something like this when i started out. def will be a very valuable tool for me.
raisinbag
thumbs up
Memory_Leak
Cheers pre55ure very handy smile
the bad producer
That's cool, thanks pre55ure, I'll be adding a lot of that to my fucking ridiculous spreadsheet!

I'm in UK so use Rapid a lot, but gradually finding myself using Mouser etc more and more, so yours will be a great addition! Guinness ftw!
pre55ure
Thanks for the kind words everyone. thumbs up

I've been totally overwhelmed with the awesome helpfulness of most everyone that hangs out in the DIY section that I wanted to give something back.

My electronics knowledge is not really up to the point where I can help people troubleshoot or design stuff. But I am pretty good at copy and paste. It's peanut butter jelly time!
memorygardens
as a person just starting out, this made my month. w00t It's peanut butter jelly time!
nordlead
This is amazing - MUCHAS GRACIAS!!! applause applause applause
Paradigm X
the bad producer wrote:

I'm in UK so use Rapid a lot, but gradually finding myself using Mouser etc more and more, so yours will be a great addition! Guinness ftw!

Tony Oakley's parts guide has loads of rapid and farnell codes

http://www.oakleysound.com/parts.pdf.

many thanks pre55ure too, thats reaally helpful.

Guinness ftw!
hank
Awesome! Guinness ftw!
mDang
Thanks a lot ! Really usefull nanners
alesauskas
Amazing! applause
Non-Digital Tom
Amazing! Believe it or not, I was just looking for something like this, and there it is. Kudos pre55ure! Great work!

BTW, I have a bit of MS Excel OCD - would you be terribly offended if I tidied up the formatting a bit?
pre55ure
Non-Digital Tom wrote:
Amazing! Believe it or not, I was just looking for something like this, and there it is. Kudos pre55ure! Great work!

BTW, I have a bit of MS Excel OCD - would you be terribly offended if I tidied up the formatting a bit?

HaHa, go for it!

The plan was to make it nicer looking, but after staring at it for about a week, I just didn't care anymore Dead Banana
Non-Digital Tom
A week? Holy crap! Hats off to you! I've been working on it for a couple of hours and I'm already running out of steam. zombie

I'll work on it some more and then upload what I have. After that, someone else can take over...
Non-Digital Tom
Okay, I've been at it for a few hours, now I have to go to bed. I just tried to upload the updated file as an attachment and got an Internal Server Error notice. If anyone knows what happened or has a workaround, let me know and I'll try it again tomorrow.
pre55ure
Hmmm, maybe make sure it's saved as an .xls file. I had some difficulty the first time I tried to upload it and it turned out I had saved it as a more modern excel file with a slightly different extension.
Non-Digital Tom
Okay, I think I figured out what the problem was - the document didn't have a file extension (duh!). It seems so obvious now. I guess a night's sleep will do that.

Anyway, I'm posting an updated version of the awesome parts list that pre55ure put together with the changes that I made, just to show where I was going with it. It's pretty much all formatting and making text uniform and consistent. If I erased something or changed something by accident, let me know. I did delete the Instructions column since there wasn't much in it, and just moved the info that was in that column to the Notes column.

I didn't add or change any of the basic info, but I did see a lot of room for additional, or in some cases more relevant, info. As pre55ure said, the work is not exhaustive (although his work comes close). My work certainly isn't, and I wouldn't be offended if someone else came along and improved or corrected anything I did. I'm sure others could contribute to this list even more. Could be a good community project. Thanks again pre55ure for all the hard work!
wavehead
this is great, thanks so much! helped me out instantly.
vurma
This will literally save me hours. Thank you, thank you and thank you.
drip.feed
Non-Digital Tom wrote:
Thanks again pre55ure for all the hard work!

You two are gorgeous. Guinness ftw!
Chrutil
ah sweet! Very useful! Thanks a bunch!!
recompas
fantastically useful!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2