MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Looking for the OMS-410 MOTM-410 Expansion (Right Subforum?)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Looking for the OMS-410 MOTM-410 Expansion (Right Subforum?)
Overand
Hey folks! I'd love to track down an OMS-410 expansion board for the MOTM-410.

That being said, it doesn't look like Oakley is still offering these PCBs, panels, etc - does anyone know a route I can take to get this? Were the board's CAD files ever given out, etc?

Love some help!
Synthbuilder
Alas, I have no OMS-410 PCBs left. They didn't sell that well to be honest in later years so I didn't re-issue the board when the last one finally sold.

One idea is to use a MUUB or bit of veroboard and knock up your own one. The schematic and User Guides are available on the Legacy Support page:

http://www.oakleysound.com/legacy.htm

Tony
Norman_Phay
I'm pretty sure I have a spare one of these somewhere, let me have a look tonight.
JohnLRice
If Norman_Phay or someone else here doesn't have one, consider joining the Yahoo MOTM group. Lots of people there have unfinished MOTM projects of various types and someone may be sitting on the board you need.
Norman_Phay
Well it took a bit of finding but I found it - OMS410 issue 2 still in its little bag. gimme a PM if you're after it, I'll trade it for some other PCB/s. I'm going to be away for a coupld of days though so I';m not ignoring PMs! just up a set of ladders in a supermarket in Yorks fixing emergency lights confused
LED-man
I need one oms410 too...
Who can help ?
Clockgate
Synthbuilder wrote:
Alas, I have no OMS-410 PCBs left. They didn't sell that well to be honest in later years so I didn't re-issue the board when the last one finally sold.

One idea is to use a MUUB or bit of veroboard and knock up your own one. The schematic and User Guides are available on the Legacy Support page:

http://www.oakleysound.com/legacy.htm

Tony

I'm surprised they didn't sell very well. When I had a 5U system, the 410 was my favorite filter and the OMS-410 expansion module added so much to it.
sonicwarrior
Synthbuilder wrote:
They didn't sell that well to be honest in later years so I didn't re-issue the board when the last one finally sold.

How many backers would you need for a re-run?
Synthbuilder
sonicwarrior wrote:
How many backers would you need for a re-run?

A good question. I guess 20 would do it for sure. But it depends on the price of the board. If we said 20GBP per board, how many would really want one?

What I would prefer to do, if I had the time, is to design a proper double width module that had the lot on it. A combined OMS410/MOTM410 module if you will.

But for the moment I'm going to be short on time since the prime task this year is to do more Euro stuff.

Tony
sonicwarrior
I already have a MOTM-410 but a combined module would be better of course if nothing is missing (smaller knobs).

Maybe there is some way to develop PCBs for both formats just with different pot/jack PCBs?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1