MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MIDI2CV - an easy to build MIDI to CV/Gate
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [all]
Author MIDI2CV - an easy to build MIDI to CV/Gate
minimalist
Nice to see the helpful spirit on this thread. I noticed that some found this build very easy and had no issues and others found things more tricky. As a novice builder with only one former completion, I am trying to get a feeling for how difficult this build actually is.

I read the instructions but they appear so good, I am afraid I'm full of false confidence.
ZZ Ardoz
minimalist wrote:
Nice to see the helpful spirit on this thread. I noticed that some found this build very easy and had no issues and others found things more tricky. As a novice builder with only one former completion, I am trying to get a feeling for how difficult this build actually is.

I read the instructions but they appear so good, I am afraid I'm full of false confidence.

I wouldn't do it as your first build, as the midi jack can be a bit tricky to make neat, but it's pretty straight forward, and shouldn't cause that many hurdles for you
minimalist
ZZ Ardoz wrote:

I wouldn't do it as your first build, as the midi jack can be a bit tricky to make neat, but it's pretty straight forward, and shouldn't cause that many hurdles for you

Thanks. I think it's worth buying then. I have a few other (non-synth) diy kits which I'm going to use for practice. Hopefully that will equip me for this one.
sagetone
Hi minimalist,

MIDI2CV was my first kit to build. It was a bit challenging, but I got through it, and it works well for me. I have since built several RYO kits and on 4ms. I personally think RYO is great, very easy to follow instructions, parts bags marked well. You might want to start out with a simple RYO kit just to get the experience. I'm decent at soldering so that has not been a hurdle for me. Unexpectedly, the hurdle for me in building all of these kits is putting all of the faceplate parts on the board and fitting everything together BEFORE soldering. Make sure you do that, and DON"T solder before fitting the faceplate on.
minimalist
sagetone wrote:
Hi minimalist,

MIDI2CV was my first kit to build. It was a bit challenging, but I got through it, and it works well for me. I have since built several RYO kits and on 4ms. I personally think RYO is great, very easy to follow instructions, parts bags marked well. You might want to start out with a simple RYO kit just to get the experience. I'm decent at soldering so that has not been a hurdle for me. Unexpectedly, the hurdle for me in building all of these kits is putting all of the faceplate parts on the board and fitting everything together BEFORE soldering. Make sure you do that, and DON"T solder before fitting the faceplate on.

Hi Sagetone
That's a really useful tip about the faceplates. The one module I built so far was the maker.ie LVLS which went very well. I don't own a modular system yet but have ordered a case and power supply. I'll take a closer look at RYO modules and perhaps bring some of them forward on my list of projects.
sagetone
My two most recent RYO kits are Penta and Aperture. Penta is fun, very simple little sequencer, and I am liking the Aperture low pass gate!
williamcarthief
deleted
ELMS
Hey all, in need of some troubleshooting help. I built one of these about a year ago and it's been rock-solid, no problems, everything worked like it should.

Turned my system on a few days ago and the MIDI2CV suddenly wouldn't show any midi activity. The binary sequence blinks on LED's 1-4 at startup, but after that, completely dead. The only thing I can think of is that I may have accidentally sent a pile of C0-C1 programming notes to it from my sequencer by accident. I can't find any mention of a "return to factory settings" option. Do I need to try reflashing the firmware? Any one experienced anything similar? Any obvious places to start measuring voltage, that sort of thing? Thanks.
niyo80
hello, my midi cv seems to work ok, except for the fact it plays 2 octaves higher then what it's supposed to, does anyone know what the problem is?
while I was calibrating it I reallized the CA3140 was getting really hot, I could smell al little burnt....
thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [all]
Page 5 of 5