MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MIDI2CV - an easy to build MIDI to CV/Gate
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author MIDI2CV - an easy to build MIDI to CV/Gate
hexinverter
robinba wrote:
When is the next batch of pcb's, IC's and faceplates expected for the midi2cv?

Sorry, I don't have a date yet. Orbitals and Galilean Moons are in the queue before it, so, sometime in the New Year for MIDI2CV. thumbs up
robinba
still no news on next batch Midi2cv?
hexinverter
robinba wrote:
still no news on next batch Midi2cv?

Kits ---> maybe in the summer (ie: after May) when I am not in school and can pack kits

PCB/panels ---> same time as kits, since it's a massive expense to do a panel run and I won't be doing them just for PCBs

PCB/uCs ---> maybe in the next couple of months if I have time to program some micros
robinba
hey, thanks for the overview. So earliest couple of months for pcb with chip. damn... was counting on using this for my setup. now i don't know. Is there a way i could get 1 set pcb made myself? But then theres the chip.....
Jinx
heeeelooo! I'm wondering... Will the upcoming kits include the alternative/updated PICfirmware? for example I wanna be able to do this --- Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat.

And also... will the kits be availible in EU shops? might be a bit expensive for me to order directly...

reminds me... once I bought a Canadian Juno-106 on Ebay and it took like 8 weeks for it to travel the world not this shit again
hexinverter
Jinx wrote:
heeeelooo! I'm wondering... Will the upcoming kits include the alternative/updated PICfirmware? for example I wanna be able to do this --- Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat.

And also... will the kits be availible in EU shops? might be a bit expensive for me to order directly...

reminds me... once I bought a Canadian Juno-106 on Ebay and it took like 8 weeks for it to travel the world not this shit again

Hiya! smile

Yes, the new kits will have the new firmware in them!

Sorry, I have no plans to start wholesaling DIY products to overseas retailers. You'd be paying the same if it was sold locally. The retail markup/taxes/shipping/import/etc. would just be factored into their retail price. Think of my store price as the "wholesale" price.

For example, and these are just estimated numbers: you can get the MIDI2CV kit for $120 from me direct, or, you can get it for, say, $200 if you get it locally from a retailer who stocks it. So really you're basically paying the same price in the end no matter what.
robinba
Any news on when we can expect a new batch of these ?
hexinverter
robinba wrote:
Any news on when we can expect a new batch of these ?

For sure! I'm in the middle of testing new firmware and getting ready to pack the second round of kits up. The thread is here: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112858&highlight=

Should be about 2 weeks thumbs up
Ambriant
I just got an Email that these Midi CV boards will soon be back in stock. I look forward to building one of these myself as soon as they are available again, I will surely order one. I find the HexInverter projects well documented and easy to build. applause
robinba
Hey that's great! I posted there showing my interest, but I don't quite understand. Have I now ordered one or just shown my interest? How do I make sure I get one of these PCB+panel sets?
robinba
Hey that's great! I posted there showing my interest, but I don't quite understand. Have I now ordered one or just shown my interest? How do I make sure I get one of these PCB+panel sets?
hexinverter
robinba wrote:

The interest check here is just to help me know how many (approximately) I need to order. I do tend to under order because a lot of folks don't actually wind up ordering what they say, so that means it's first come/first served when they are available.

For this reason, I keep a mailing list that you can add your email to and I dispatch an email on it with newly restocked/launched projects. So if you want to put your email on it that's the best way to get them as soon as they're ready (probably they'll be listed Thursday or Friday for sale!)

Here's the signup link: http://eepurl.com/pDf_5
hexinverter
I finished writing the new User Manual to support Dmitry's new v5.7 firmware!

You can download it here: http://cv.hexinverter.net/?projects=midi2cv-v10

The new kits will all be packaged with this new firmware. They'll be available in the shop for sale later today! Stay tuned for the link when they're available.
kisielk
Wow, MIDI2CV kit shipped overnight applause that was fast!

Too bad I probably won't have time to put it together for like a month :(
hexinverter
kisielk wrote:
Wow, MIDI2CV kit shipped overnight applause that was fast!

Too bad I probably won't have time to put it together for like a month :(

Sometimes I am miraculously fast at shipping...other times it takes 5-7 days :( Haha. You got lucky! This is fun! This is fun! This is fun!
Bogus
Just finished mine
bkbirge
Finished mine, just need to calibrate the octaves, what a fun easy build. I think I spent about 2.5 hours total on the build. Fantastic assembly guide as always from HexInverter. I highly recommend this one for anyone needing a midi module.

Playing polyphonic chords on the modular is even more fun than I expected, really opens up my system now and I don't miss the Memorymoog I used to have as much.

The only 2 criticism I have are a) torx screws on the midi? really? why? and b) lose the damn hex nuts, I swear I screw up every panel I have to use those on.

No in progress builds because it was really just that simple and the build manual has all the pics you'll need, but here's the finished module.

patilon
i had problems to find this switch anywhere

i only have the mouser-link but can´t buy a single switch from there
( https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16 )

anyone who perhaps can sell a single switch to me? (EU)
Ambriant
I'm in the process of populating this board for a .com setup. Seems like an easy build, once you get all the parts sorted out.

I used the Mouser cart on the Hex site, and that works great. I just had to swap out some of the Euro mini parts for larger .com jacks, pots, and switches. Other than that, seems I'm on my way.

Seems like a great Midi/CV solution for a reasonable $$ investment. Cheers. Guinness ftw!
Stab Frenzy
Are the kits in this run sold out? Can't seem to add one to my cart on the hexinverter shop.
HeWhoWantsJeans
bkbirge wrote:
b) lose the damn hex nuts, I swear I screw up every panel I have to use those on.

Seriously? I've had no issue with hex head screws on any of my panels, since I moved over to using a socket head to tighten the nuts. You have complete and total control and all with a socket head you can find at your local hardware store.

If there is any nut in the 1/8" world that has to die in a fire it's the damned knurled nuts.
hexinverter
Stab Frenzy wrote:
Are the kits in this run sold out? Can't seem to add one to my cart on the hexinverter shop.

At the moment, yes! I've got another run on order right now though. 3 weeks ETA. Here's the mailing list if you want an email when they're back!: http://eepurl.com/pDf_5
bkbirge
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:
bkbirge wrote:
b) lose the damn hex nuts, I swear I screw up every panel I have to use those on.

Seriously? I've had no issue with hex head screws on any of my panels, since I moved over to using a socket head to tighten the nuts. You have complete and total control and all with a socket head you can find at your local hardware store.

If there is any nut in the 1/8" world that has to die in a fire it's the damned knurled nuts.

LOL, don't confuse me with logic. Yeah I need to go pick up an 1/8" socket driver. Probably would be lots better than the slippery grip needle noses I use now. I do have the knurled knob tool though so that's what I usually use, it's very handy. I also like the knurled look better. Knurled. Say it with me. hyper

Here's a track I did last night using a 4 voice polyphony patch triggered by the MIDI2CV (mostly 3 throughout the track), might not exactly sound like it but it was used!
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/165095550" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Ambriant
Finished my midi/cv board today. Fired it up and it seems to be working just fine. Relatively easy to build. The panel for .com is a challenge. I'm going to drill my own tomorrow. I mounted my jacks, switch and led's to the euro pcb, just to make things a little easier. I used leads for the pots and led's so that I can work them into the panel. But that Euro board kinda made things a little easier, I think.

So far, so good. applause
kisielk
Finally got around to calibrating it after building it a week or so ago. Amazingly everything works! What a great module, much better than other CV->MIDI modules I've tried in the past, I think this one I'll be sticking with for good smile

Next up, Mutant Hihats!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 2 of 5