MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MIDI2CV - an easy to build MIDI to CV/Gate
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author MIDI2CV - an easy to build MIDI to CV/Gate
Baszline
I've read about this project here before, but can't find it anywhere available. Will this project see daylight!? I'd like to build one! hyper

http://cv.hexinverter.net/?page=projects&id=midi2cv-v10

desdinova
I'd definitely be down for a full kit depending on cost.
hexinverter
Hiya! Yes indeed this project is happening smile ETA: 2-3 weeks.

Here is the Muffwiggler DIY forum thread: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75544&highlight=

Here's my mailing list if you want to get an email when they're in stock: http://eepurl.com/pDf_5

Prices are as follows:

- PCB set w/ PIC: $39
- PCB set w/ PIC and 8HP eurorack panel: $59
- Full eurorack kit: $110
Baszline
A, ok cool! Could not find this thread. Thanks for the info! thumbs up
ben_hex
Great to have another poly option midi interface. Was thinking of waiting for the doepfer, then The Vermona qMI was mentioned then the analogue systems now this ... Tricky one.
qfactor
Hex: for setting (learning) the MIDI channel, does the module store the channel set in memory, or do you have to "re-channelize" it every time it's powered down?
Thanks!
lessavyfav
Great project! Great build! Yes re chanelize each time - the only real shortcoming flash rom or Channel pins or something would have been really nice
robotopsy
Just finished mine...
Calibration time now

applause
wednesdayayay
please let us know how this goes!
I would love to find "the solution" for cv'ing my madrona labs soundplane but don't have a regular modular power supply as I really only use ciat lonbarde gear

if not this then the kenton solo or doepfer dark link seem reasonable enough
robotopsy
Works really great
easy to use
great price
easy to build... well.. !?!? if you dont screwup the inter-board connect headers like I did. I put some on the wrong side of the panel and while unsoldering them... they melt.... sad banana
hexinverter
lessavyfav wrote:
Great project! Great build! Yes re chanelize each time - the only real shortcoming flash rom or Channel pins or something would have been really nice

Yeah for sure! Those would be nice. If it were me that programmed it I would have used a larger PIC device and used the extra pins to have ICSP and a bunch of other settings you could set with jumpers (ie: channel, etc.)
robotopsy
I did find a way to get it done. SlayerBadger!
silly me d'oh!
should have checked twice !!!!!!! very frustrating
nd595
Great you found the way after all!
Just wanted to add that chromatic tuner is a great device for calibration - and not only. There are a plenty of cheap (and some - expensive, but not THAT much better) apps - like Cleartune for IOS - which do the job perfectly.
jmcecil
My only problem is that I am MU and need a panel. I'm making my own, but my craftsmanship skills border on kindergarten finger painting. All I did was drill some holes in some aluminum and it looks like a serial killer went to town with an ax.
Stereotactixxx
How about this one from Re:synthesis?
jmcecil
Stereotactixxx wrote:
How about this one from Re:synthesis?

hmm , I asked and was told they didn't have one for the new layout... but that looks like the same one?

EDIT, well the 24 part would be synch and no reset.
hexinverter
jmcecil wrote:

hmm , I asked and was told they didn't have one for the new layout... but that looks like the same one?

EDIT, well the 24 part would be synch and no reset.

The labels won't match, however, the hardware is the same, so as long as you remember what the outputs are doing, it should work for you thumbs up
climbingtyler
This looks nice!
Baszline
Does anyone know which mini jack sockets are used to build this module?
I have some spare Switchcraft ones but they don't seem to fit.

Are these the ones? 'Erthenvar' or something like that? hmmm.....

http://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/pj301bm-3-5mm-jack-sockets-x50/
robotopsy
yes those are the same as erthenvar's
Baszline
robotopsy wrote:
yes those are the same as erthenvar's

OK, cool! Thanks! thumbs up
jmcecil
I'm trying to calibrate the MIDI2CV and I can only get about .2 volts total adjustment out of the VOCT pots. Calibrated to 0.0000 CV just fine. I'm only getting a .33 V increase per octave. Any ideas what the prob with the VOCT pots would be?
robotopsy
I had the same problem. I managed to run in ableton Live a synth plugin while running the same sequence to an oscillator with the CV2midi and did it by ear. I had a problem with the gate ouputs some modules were always detecting a gate signal even without any midi. I had a 47k resistors to each gate output and it worked correctly.
jmcecil
robotopsy wrote:
I had the same problem. I managed to run in ableton Live a synth plugin while running the same sequence to an oscillator with the CV2midi and did it by ear. I had a problem with the gate ouputs some modules were always detecting a gate signal even without any midi. I had a 47k resistors to each gate output and it worked correctly.

I don't follow. I am at the end of the pot and only get .333 per octave.
robinba
When is the next batch of pcb's, IC's and faceplates expected for the midi2cv?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5