MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MF-101 or MF-107?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author MF-101 or MF-107?
funkymonk919
I have the fooger ring mod and the fooger MuRF (got a bass MuRF too but it's for sale), not sure where to go next, it seems like the LPF is a cornerstone for synthesis, but the freqbox sounds so damn cool. And after I purchase either one of the two would it be worth it to get a cp-251? Anywhere I can buy an affordable rack for these pedals?
gmcerveny
I've got an mf-101 and an mf-102. The LPF makes my rhodes sound just how I want, from chirpy stabs to mellow chords, it's absolutely beautiful.

I was going to pick-up a second mf-101 to allow me to modulate the first mf-101 with an external sound source (via the envelope follower.) However, I just realized the mf-107 also has an envelope follower, so that's next on the list.

I've got my eye on some of these forum recommended racks:
http://www.audiopile.net/products/Cases/Case_products_page.shtml

On the moog forum there are some good pics of people with racked foogers. A common solution seems to be those cheap metal desktop racks and stands.
funkymonk919
yeah, I'm a member of the moog forum, I'll put a post there. I think I'll go with a freqbox, lpf, then a cp-251. thanks for the info.
Bryan B
Here's my MoogerFooger rack. I like to have it just low enough to get at the jacks on the back of the pedals. It is nice to have space below for other analog beasts.

decaying.sine
You can't really go wrong with either of these. I am less keen on the LPF because there are so many LPF's available in the modular world with some nice moog clones. On the other hand, the freqbox is just plain great for me. I love using it with various signals into the audio in with hard sync on in the traditional way, but I use it more often as an oscillator (through osc out). I have two freqbox and do some FM with them. I just happen to really like the sound of the oscillator.

Those EWI are really nice, popular, and well priced. I believe they get good reviews in terms of quality as well. I have a mix 16/12 (or something like that) rack mixer combo that I use with my six foogers, two patchbays, and some other stuff. I really like it. I just run the cable through the box and make the connections at the patchbay so it is quite nice.
funkymonk919
Bryan,
That has got to be one of the sexiest moog set ups I've ever seen, thats sick man. And agreed, I think I'm going to go with the Freqbox first
funkymonk919
Where can I get one of those racks? How much do they usually run?
Bryan B
I bought them used for $50 each (that is why they are different heights). Moog sells the rackmount panels I used to mount them as well.

The Mobius and Doepfer MCV24 help to control and sequence the Mooger Beasty.
cv slime 800
Hmm, did you take the wooden cheeks off the middle foogers to fit them in those mounting racks?

Not that it's a bad thing, they look good like that, I just never realized 'till now that they required that.
decaying.sine
cv slime 800 wrote:
Hmm, did you take the wooden cheeks off the middle foogers to fit them in those mounting racks?

Not that it's a bad thing, they look good like that, I just never realized 'till now that they required that.

That's how they fit in the Moog racks. If you get the rack mount kit from Moog they send along some black screws and nuts to replace the wood screws and fill the holes when you mount them. All in all, it ends up looking good.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1