MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is this different than what's in the Minimoog Voyager?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Is this different than what's in the Minimoog Voyager?
insomniyack
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110427827407&_trksi d=p2759.l1259

Just wondering if this is any different from the noise source in the Minimoog Voyager synth. This says it's TRUE RANDOM and never repeats...does the Voyager repeat?

Is this something worth picking up for noise music or is it overpriced?
Kent
Hopefully someone that is more well-versed in this department will set me straight if I'm off course. I believe that all analog noise transistors are truly random. Filtering then determines the weighting (aka bandwidth or 'color').

I'd imagine that the noise in the Voyager is analog... I dunno at the moment as I just received mine this morning!
Lyonel
I've just looked at the Voyager's manual, and it seems there is no indication about the noise source (analog or pseudo).
Seems to sound and behave like an analog one.
Congratulations for your beautiful new baby Kent... have Fun !
transferpoint
the noise source on my voyager seems kinda weak... that'd be cool to mod it and get a more robust noise source.
thermionicjunky
If the Voyager's noise source is similar to the CP-251 noise source, the bandwidth is pretty narrow and the output is pretty low, but there should be plenty of noise modules available in the modular world with wider bandwidth and higher output. This eBay thing outputs .3 volts.
Kent
Just jack in some better S&H right into the Voyager via the back panel, no?

Here she is, BTW. Thanks go out to Lyonel and Cybanana for getting me irrevocably hooked on getting one of these.

Lyonel
Beau-Ti-Fool 8_)
sandyb
SlayerBadger!
good to see you found space for it Kent.
syzygywell
wow kent I just saw that.. really probably my fav looking voyager.. but I just had to get the red with mahogany wood (for those late night low light sessions) anyway awesome looker man!
Cybananna
Kent wrote:
Here she is, BTW. Thanks go out to Lyonel and Cybanana for getting me irrevocably hooked on getting one of these.

Very nice looking! You'll have so much fun with it. I love the backlit panels. I wish mine had that. Oh well. They weren't offering that when I got mine.
Kent
Thanks for the nice words, all. Truly appreciated on this end.

Yeah, syzygywell; I find the white on white look to be very classy... plus, it makes me feel like I play in The Hives every time I fire it up.

The very first thing that I actually did with it is here: Voyager v. TM-1
DGTom
insomniyack wrote:
Is this something worth picking up for noise music or is it overpriced?

If you can't DIY then $80 is OK. He doesn't mention any kind of warranty, I'd want one on something hand built - sure, the one in the pic looks nice & neat, but, I've had semi-bad experiances with these type of guys on eBay before.

The line about; "It is a totally new product" is pure hype tho, I'd bet its the same basic cct. thats been in use for decades now - but hey, its tried & tested & it seems he's been quite festidious in its execution.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1