MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

June 30 update - IDOW Hardcore Edition shipping date
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author June 30 update - IDOW Hardcore Edition shipping date
s o l v e n t
June 30, 2013

An update on the status of shipping for "I Dream Of Wires: Hardcore Edition":

DVDs and BluRays will go into production on Tuesday, July 2. We were optimistic that we would be able to have these in our hands and ready to ship in June, but it wasn't possible. The film's been complete and ready to go into production for several weeks now, but there was one outstanding legal issue that prevented us from moving forward. That issue was finally cleared yesterday, so at last we have the green light to go into production.

Production turnaround is approximately two weeks, and while packages are prepped and waiting to be filled with DVDs and BluRays, 3,000 packages don't get shipped out in a day. Realistically, people should expect to receive their packages starting late-July, and some may even take as long as mid/late-August to arrive.

This production has essentially been the work of two people, and it was an absolutely massive undertaking. It's occupied so much of our lives for the past two years, and especially in the past six months, we have been working tirelessly to get it done. We tried our absolute best to meet the "ships in June" deadline, and all things considered, we've come very close.

Best of all, we did not let the pressure of an inbox full of "where's my DVD?" affect our work. The pressure weighed on us, no doubt, but we made sure not to lose sight of our artistic goals. The result: we couldn't be more happy with how this film has turned out. We are thrilled with it, and absolutely excited for you all to see it.

Many of you, we're sure, will be disappointed with this update. We still have a lot of work to do, so please allow us to stay positive and productive by refraining from expressing any negativity or disappointment here. Our final words on the subject: We worked very hard, and we did our best. It is what it is. If this delay is unacceptable to you, we are more than happy to offer a refund: info [at] idreamofwires [dot] org.

Last point: please do not contact us asking specifically when your package was shipped, or for a tracking #. We are shipping out over 3,000 packages, and it is simply not possible for us to track them individually. It is not uncommon for some packages to take as long as eight weeks to arrive at certain destinations. If you still haven't received your package by September 1, drop us an email and we will investigate. We will not be responding to any "where's my DVD?" emails or messages received before Sept 1.

Thanks for your understanding and support - we are just as anxious as you all are, for these packages to finally arrive in your mailbox!

Robert & Jason, IDOW
s o l v e n t
Dead Banana
Matos
Fuck all the complainers. This was a labor of love, and we appreciate all that you've sacrificed to bring this forth. looking forward to this when even it drops. SlayerBadger!
waveglider
Big thanks for the update, and deep respect for this labor of love!
n_m
Utterly looking forward to this!

Great job so far w00t

And thank you for this update thumbs up
rove74
I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Thanks for the update!
sonicwarrior
To be honest: Having done some group buys myself and some of them depending on others to deliver some parts I expected a delay like this. 3000 packages to pack is just pure madness and I hope people stop acting annoyed and think about how it is to lift a heavy project like this.
wavecircle
Are the DVDs formatted to their appropriate region? Just wondering as I am in region 2. Can't wait.
Oxix52
Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to this! thumbs up
s o l v e n t
wavecircle wrote:
Are the DVDs formatted to their appropriate region? Just wondering as I am in region 2. Can't wait.

Region free.

Cheers for the kind words guys.
coyotedad23
I for one do not care about any delay that may occur. I am very excited and pleased that what must be a very small number of individuals have completed this incredible film. Truly a labor of love of which will be a lasting historical document.
Thank you to all your hard work!
thumbs up
Also, looking forward to the eventual shipping of the Battery Acid unit.
I do love Hexinverter modules.
applause
s o l v e n t
coyotedad23 wrote:
I for one do not care about any delay that may occur. I am very excited and pleased that what must be a very small number of individuals have completed this incredible film. Truly a labor of love of which will be a lasting historical document.
Thank you to all your hard work!
thumbs up
Also, looking forward to the eventual shipping of the Battery Acid unit.
I do love Hexinverter modules.
applause

Cool thanks. The modules should be with me next week so you won't have to wait any additional time to receive those - they'll be shipped with the film (assuming you ordered both).
decaying.sine
That's amazing. 3000! Congratulations. Who cares how long it takes. It'll be awesome when it shows up in my mailbox.

Great job SlayerBadger!
coyotedad23
I first ordered the HC blu-ray then a few weeks later ordered the Battery Acid. It will be like an unexpected christmas gift when they arrive!
I think my reaction will be like Steve Martin's reaction to the new phone book in The Jerk.
hihi
JohnLRice
Awesome job! I'd much rather have it be "right" and "the best" thumbs up we're not worthy than to get just "something" that is on time! meh angry
amnesia
excellent stuff! Cant wait to put faces ( and voice) to people.
Christopher Winkels
July or August, it matters not. I look forward to receiving my copy and initiating several hours of mounting exasperation for my long-suffering spouse.
decaying.sine
JohnLRice wrote:
Awesome job! I'd much rather have it be "right" and "the best" thumbs up we're not worthy than to get just "something" that is on time! meh angry

Time is non-linear and multi-dimensional in the modular realm. Everyone knows this. That's why it takes 13 months to build a mult and 6 hours for an MOTM-480. Doctorin' the Tardis
catatemycaps
I don't mind the delay but I do appreciate the update. applause
Keep up the good work. nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners
rezzn8r
Christopher Winkels wrote:
I look forward to receiving my copy and initiating several hours of mounting exasperation for my long-suffering spouse.

I think that sums it up for me too! lol
clarke68
Totally awesome. Thanks for the update.

Christopher Winkels wrote:
I look forward to receiving my copy and initiating several hours of mounting exasperation for my long-suffering spouse.

x2. The only disappointment with the delay is that now Father's Day has passed, and that's one of the only days of the year I can sit and watch a 4-hour anything without harassment. I think I know how many future Father's Days will be spent....
nanners
Tonsil
Sooo looking forward to this! And look at it this way, better to have lots of people clamoring for shipments than if nobody cared. We're just excited, can you blame us? That's fine... more time to plan the screening parties.
s o l v e n t
Tonsil wrote:
Sooo looking forward to this! And look at it this way, better to have lots of people clamoring for shipments than if nobody cared.

No doubt, that point is not lost on us!
stk
Massive job well done lads, deadlines shmedlines, it's the end result that counts!

You've earned a few well deserved Guinness ftw!
odecahedron
as much as i cant wait, i can totally wait

applause applause applause applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2