MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cirklon sequencing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Cirklon sequencing
AUDJAG666
my understanding is that the cirklon can run different sequences to different instruments simultaneously, is this correct? and send multiple gates and triggers? im looking to simplify my set up, mobius sending g/t to euro, din to 606, then midi to msq700 which i use to have a different sequence on a juno. programming individual patterns into separate sequencers is sort of annoying.
thisoldhouse
Yes you have up to 64 tracks on which to program sequences which can all be their own length and time signature, etc. they can be routed to any of the midi, USB, or cv and gate ports, or even modulate each other. It also has a dinsyc output. It is the most comprehensive sequencer I've used and serves as the centerpiece in my studio driving a few samplers, effects boxes, synths, modular, and drum machines.
SubliminalSandwich
This Cirklon looks more and more interesting..

Can the tracks be started independently of each other?
SubliminalSandwich
This Cirklon looks more and more interesting..

Votek_Mendo
Looks like such a nice sequencer love
emdot_ambient
Yep...only it's pretty much unobtainium now. sad banana
digital_steve
emdot_ambient wrote:
Yep...only it's pretty much unobtainium now. sad banana

Email them and get on the wait list... like everyone else had to.
emdot_ambient
Oh, no. Not me. I've seen lives destroyed by waiting lists (EMS). lol
thisoldhouse
I think I waited about a year. That was back before the first production run was in full swing. You don't need to pay to get on the list. They'll notify you when your number is getting close and see if you are still interested. Colin and Barbara's service is second to none in my experiences.
Chromex
Concur 100% with both of this old house's posts
causticlogic
They pop up every once in a while in BST - that's how i got mine. Awesome machine... thumbs up
Zenn
SubliminalSandwich wrote:

Not as such, but a track is a combination of an instrument, a normal pattern (which can be empty) and a break pattern. You can change any of these at any moment. You can also mute/unmute them on the fly (and even cue (un)mute for the next global loop (which you can set to any length you'd might like).

You can also program track (un)mutes in a separate pattern, program timebase changes etc, global transpose...

A dazzeling list of options you can put inside a pattern is here: http://www.sequentix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Aux_events#mute_trk_n

Also, one of the coolest cooperation features is that you can re-send (cue'ed on the next bar) a midi clock START to external devices without the need to start/stop the cirklon itself.
joshuag
there's one on Ebay right now. Jump the wait list!!! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Funky40
need help ( i took this thread since surch is so lala)

how do i set the Cirklon to sync = extern ?
and/ or: on which page of the manual can i find this info ?
( i have the (online) manual open, no surch function there )

i want to sync the circlon with the USB port to ableton live.
Please note: i can barely read anything in my display on the cirklon !!!
it got waaay worse the last days......so surching by try and error, page by page on the cirklon, is not really working right now wink

some few hints will do though, no step by step introduction required i guess wink
much appreciated

since ableton has the CV tools out do i need to make ableton the tempo host now. at least for some tests wink
minimalist
The Cirklon forum is the best resource for support. Colin is very active on the forum.

Cirklon Forum
Leverkusen
Doesn't it automatically sync to an incoming MIDI-clock? hmmm.....
oldgearguy
Funky40 wrote:

it got waaay worse the last days......so surching by try and error, page by page on the cirklon, is not really working right now wink

I would contact Colin about the screen first.
Sometimes, it is just that the power connector has gotten dirty over the years, but it also may be a problem with the screen itself. You should have no problems reading the display on a fully working Cirklon.
nodog
Maybe Funky40 has eye-problems.

Anyway, I'd use the Cirklon as the master for sync stuff. It's as tight as can be in a sequencer and much better than any pc. It's the foremost reason I bought one.
dubonaire
minimalist wrote:
The Cirklon forum is the best resource for support. Colin is very active on the forum.

Cirklon Forum

Sometimes he seems to respond quicker in the Facebook group.

Also Funky40, on the forum Colin has said in response to a screen problem to check the power supply plug and even give it a quick clean with contact cleaner.
Bath House
Funky40 wrote:

how do i set the Cirklon to sync = extern ?
and/ or: on which page of the manual can i find this info ?
( i have the (online) manual open, no surch function there )

some few hints will do though, no step by step introduction required i guess wink
much appreciated

since ableton has the CV tools out do i need to make ableton the tempo host now. at least for some tests wink

1. the cirklon automatically syncs to an incoming MIDI clock. There's nothing that you need to enable.

2. Don't do that without using an audio-based sync like a USAMO, Acme, Expert Sleepers, etc. or you're in for a world of timing agony.
Panason
It sure would be nice if the Cirklon included audio-based sync... that would be a top feature request for me.
CF3
Panason wrote:
It sure would be nice if the Cirklon included audio-based sync... that would be a top feature request for me.

Not sure how Colin would pull that one off except maybe using the CVIO? hmmm..... There's no actual audio jacks on it. The analog clock coming from the Cirklon (CVIO) is pretty much dead on though. Maybe if he adds support for the Cirklon to be clocked from an external voltage source thru the "Gate/In"? Hmmmmm....

I agree it would be super awesome if it could happen. Intriguing.
Funky40
Bath House wrote:

2. Don't do that without using an audio-based sync like a USAMO, Acme, Expert Sleepers, etc. or you're in for a world of timing agony.

no, its more about to test out the new CV Tools from ableton for Live wink
since my cirklon runns otherwise everything as the master clock wink

but the CV tool can send out clock to my ES-8. seemed to work great btw.
didn´t wanted to repatch everything.
But i didn´t got the Cirklon to sync to ableton.
Need to check again
beatcleaver
Funky40 wrote:
Bath House wrote:

no, its more about to test out the new CV Tools from ableton for Live wink
since my cirklon runns otherwise everything as the master clock wink

but the CV tool can send out clock to my ES-8. seemed to work great btw.
didn´t wanted to repatch everything.
But i didn´t got the Cirklon to sync to ableton.
Need to check again

Leverkusen wrote:
Doesn't it automatically sync to an incoming MIDI-clock? hmmm.....

Haven't done it myself, but yes, the manual mentions this:

Quote:
MIDI Clock Reception

There is no setting to enable MIDI clock reception for a MIDI input port, as it is handled automatically.If Cirklon is stopped, and a MIDI clock START message is received at any input port, Cirklon will switch to MIDI clock slave mode and start running in time with the incoming tempo.

There are a bunch of different MIDI clock and sync options but they're all about transmission rather than reception.
Funky40
i missed some posts previsously..........

dubonaire wrote:

Also Funky40, on the forum Colin has said in response to a screen problem to check the power supply plug and even give it a quick clean with contact cleaner.

yes, there seems to be a relation to the power plug.
you mean: cleaning the power plug with contact cleaner ?

i have a first batch cirklon. (original owner)
there have been problems......i thought i have to replace the Display or doing "the display fix".
Just when i finally wanted to contact Colin were they moving to Berlin.

otherwise i don´t have to see much, haha.
i use the cirklon like it was a analog sequenzer hihi

yeah, need to fix it. its now too screwed.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2