MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Favorite Euro Oscillator? (new post!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]

Your Favorite Euro Oscillator?
Analogue Solutions - vco/vco-sub/6hp vco
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Cwejman - vco-2rm
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
Cwejman - vco-6
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
Cynthia - Zeroscillator
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Doepfer - A110
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Doepfer - A111
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Livewire - AFG
25%
 25%  [ 33 ]
MacBeth - x-series dual oscillator
7%
 7%  [ 10 ]
Malekko - Wiard anti-oscillator
12%
 12%  [ 16 ]
MFB - OSC-01
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
MFB - OSC-02
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
The Harvestman - Hertz Donut
9%
 9%  [ 12 ]
Tip Top - Z3000
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Plan B - Model 15
9%
 9%  [ 12 ]
Analogue Systems - RS95/RS95E
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 127

Author Favorite Euro Oscillator? (new post!)
transferpoint
So here it is, the complete list this time. Some items were consolidated due to their similar structure in order keep the poll as small as possible. Muff had to adjust the maximum amount of poll options so your looking at the biggest poll the Muff Wiggler forum has ever seen... oh yeah.

Choose 1... drop a line.

edit:

Here it is... Desert island/Gun to your head scenario... what oscillator would you choose?
authorless
transferpoint wrote:
so your looking at the biggest poll the Muff Wiggler forum has ever seen... oh yeah.

[george takei]oh my, captain![/george takei]
Limey
[copy&paste]MFB OSC 02 Its got a SH101ish kind of basicsound that i like[/copy&paste]
still waiting to get a Hertz Donut
acustic
Apples or Pears or Oranges or.....Hmmmm! lol
apfEID
the Bubblesound uLFO is missing! (I'm getting two to use as much as VCOs as LFOs.)

then again, they aren't out yet, so...
dougcl
There should similar a survey:
"which oscillators have you tried?"
transferpoint
dougcl wrote:

I don't think the poll does multiple choice though or this one would be.
felix
transferpoint wrote:
dougcl wrote:

An alternative might be to let people vote more than once (specifically, have as many votes as there are VCO choices). With a poll like that, it seems unlikely that someone would repeatedly vote for the same VCO repeatedly.
transferpoint
wish there was an option for it but there's not fellas...
Suburban Bather
Drunken Homer Simpson
dude
thank you for homer
science
I don't have a favorite oscillator, I have a favorite combination.

Hertz Donut + Anti-Osc SlayerBadger!
Veqtor
I'd have to say AFG, especially since I just finished making a somewhat tacky flux capacitor expander, which basically brings out the pins to jacks, all the possible "sends" in one row and all the possible "returns" in another. Letting me process the core in a waveshaper for example before going out to the waveform shapers (sine saw etc).

I can sweep-add harmonics by running pin pair 3 via a vca, at least that's what happens on the sine, the others are more weird and wonderful!
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Suburban Bather
dude wrote:
thank you for homer

Mmmmhhhh! Donuts!
REwire
felix wrote:
transferpoint wrote:
dougcl wrote:

An alternative might be to let people vote more than once (specifically, have as many votes as there are VCO choices). With a poll like that, it seems unlikely that someone would repeatedly vote for the same VCO repeatedly.

Like with the designers on this list able to vote for their own osc 200 times +, I'm glad it's just one per user. This poll can have an impact on newbies and sales. Having to vote for one is like those "keep just one osc or filter" threads, I like it!
transferpoint
For sure, I don't believe any of you could say with honesty that if you had a gun to your head you'd rather choose a bullet than one oscillator.

That's the question. Desert island/Gun to your head scenario... what oscillator would you choose?

God damn I'm a dork. help
ex_dead_teenager
I voted for the AFG but have been thinking I should have voted for the Osc2 from MFB it's understated but brilliant as an oscillator and capable of many of the same things the AFG is in a smaller package.

Of course I still have yet to really get into the meat of the AFG I've only had mine a little while and it's by far my fave for the sound and the harmonic animation.
Yohda
I voted for the antioscillator, I have Model 15, AFG, ZO, Cwejman.

I hesitated with the ZO and Model 15, the AFG is really cool and pack a lot of uniques functions, but I much prefer the sound of the others.

The antioscillator can produce very rich and thick sound.
Mr White
Veqtor wrote:
I'd have to say AFG, especially since I just finished making a somewhat tacky flux capacitor expander, which basically brings out the pins to jacks, all the possible "sends" in one row and all the possible "returns" in another. Letting me process the core in a waveshaper for example before going out to the waveform shapers (sine saw etc).

I can sweep-add harmonics by running pin pair 3 via a vca, at least that's what happens on the sine, the others are more weird and wonderful!
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

please Veqtor explain it better because I want to do the same thing!!!
Jari Jokinen
I have experience with Plan B M15 (which I sold) and Cwejman VCO-6, VCO-2RM and D-LFO.

I voted for VCO-6, because of the special pulse waveforms and simultaneous outputs of all waveforms. I don't like the octave switch though.

All Cwejmans work as LFO or in audio range. I like their ergnomics too.

M15 is praised for its sound, but I didn't get it. The cross fade ("morph") didn't get much use. One thing I liked was the +/- one semitone range of Fine Tune (smaller than Cwejman's). It made tuning easier. Dialing small amounts of modulation was difficult though.
revmutt
I would want the option to vote for two but never explain why thus making this subjective poll more arbitrary.
transferpoint
taken individually, I understand... but taken collectively you can get a good idea of what to buy next... plus its entertaining. hihi
blungo2
I've said it before, but the HD has been a revelation to me.
nomass
Hmm... I went for the ZO, but the poll seemed a bit unfair to the Anti-Oscillator since it's not designed to be a full featured oscillator.
REwire
nomass wrote:
Hmm... I went for the ZO, but the poll seemed a bit unfair to the Anti-Oscillator since it's not designed to be a full featured oscillator.

Can't see how a poll can be unfair to any osc if it's listed equally with all others. As for the Anti-Osc, I think that thing has so many ways to twist the sound, it's more featured than a few others there IMO.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2